Re: No Hockey Fans This Post Season???

Bill S wrote:

I had trouble finding this topic.
.. anybody have any favorite moments yet??

I dint even know the topic existed .. glad to see it

Lots of excitement this season .. for some .. lol
Playoffs are always a high point for me .. regardless where my team finishes

That said, no fave moments from the last two weeks ..
My fave moment is still back before some of u were born .. lol
May 2nd, 1967 (hockey fans will know who that refers to cool

Will be an interesting finish .. hard to pick one (Sharks if I had to)

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Leafs fan, eh?

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

BTW, my favorite moment so far was the 3rd period of the Blues/Blackhawks game.
Jonny Toews scored his 3rd game winning goal of the 6 games series, Sharpie scored while getting mugged on a breakaway to make it 3-1, and the flood gates opened.
There's a long way to go, but this was a big hurdle in the Hawks Cup defense.

Bill S wrote:

Leafs fan, eh?

Yep .. and proud .. lol

Hawks started shaky .. but as the series went on, it was as tho someone took hold of the locker room and everything changed .. good on 'em. Now all the talk is about how Miller was a disappointment (frankly, I dint see it that way).

Stick on the ice Bill cool

Credit to the Blues...that's a really good team.
Although I don't get to see a lot of Leafs games this year, I've been paying more attention once Dave Bolland, aka "The Rat" left the Hawks and joined his home town team. He was one of my favorite players...always coming up big in big games. That winning goal against the Bruins in last years finals was a classic Bolland moment, always in the right place at the right time when it counts! I was sorry to see him get hurt...seems like he was out a long time.

456 (edited by Rocket 2014-05-01 03:59:48)

San Jose Sharks blow a 3-0 game series lead and lose 4 in a row. yikes  L.A. Kings move on to try to prove the magic kingdom ain't so close to Anaheim after all.  Both teams looking scary capable when the ice chips are down.

Speaking of not quitting, Minnesota Wild living up to it...

Bill, now I can breathe since the Rangers move ahead.  Always like their Game 7 chances home at the Garden.  Penguins next.  Yikes.  Need power play goal(s)... roll

Really interested in the Montreal-Boston matchup.  Of course, I pull for the the Bruins over the despicable Canadiens.  Bet your sweet bleepies it should be a rough series.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Lots of great, exciting game 7's.
I figured Avs v Wild was a toss up.
The Kings definitely had the "mo" and I expected them to win.
I had no clue on flyers v rangers, but suspected home ice might prevail.
Congrats to the (temporary) winners.

Good luck to the teams going to the next round...except the Wild, lol.

Go Hawks!

458 (edited by Rocket 2014-05-01 21:44:51)

Bill S wrote:

Go Hawks!

Temporary???!!! yikes tongue   It'zzzzzz Zonnnnnn!!! lol Another hot **## Canadiens goalie?! mad
ooops Bruins scored on Price to tie less than 2 minutes to go... Wow, so much for rough, great game regardless of turn out now or in OT.

Edit:OT edit Edit: rough stuff, 4 on 4 to start OT, wink

Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
Bill S wrote:

Go Hawks!

Temporary???!!! yikes tongue   It'zzzzzz Zonnnnnn!!! lol Another hot **## Canadiens goalie?! mad
ooops Bruins scored on Price to tie less than 2 minutes to go... Wow, so much for rough, great game regardless of turn out now or in OT.

Edit:OT edit Edit: rough stuff, 4 on 4 to start OT, wink

Rocket

They're all temporary except one.

Bill S wrote:

They're all temporary except one

Spoken like a true Hawk fan eh .. lol cool

Kings took a big byte out of those Sharks .. prolly all the garbage in the waters (choke)
Gonna get interesting down the stretch

Go Leafs .. lol cool

Buzzy wrote:
Bill S wrote:

They're all temporary except one

Spoken like a true Hawk fan eh .. lol cool

Kings took a big byte out of those Sharks .. prolly all the garbage in the waters (choke)
Gonna get interesting down the stretch

Go Leafs .. lol cool

I was not trying to imply anything, lol. WAY too much hockey to play!
That said, the Hawks seem to finally be in playoff mode.

Right now Pittsburgh 2, Rangers 0
And if you've been paying attention, a 2-0 lead has been almost meaningless in this year's playoffs.

462 (edited by Rocket 2014-05-09 03:54:58)

SURE you weren't, Bill! wink tongue  Minnesota beat Chicago at their own game last out.  Rainjeers SUCK!!! mad Looks like I'll eventually be (fully) pulling for Chicago once a gain (continuing to be a habit, lol)! Although I can go for Minnesota-always liked the North Stars, too,...or the Penguins, sure.  Just no fricking Canadiens or L.A. Flings!!! yikes big_smile

Power play?  What is that?!  Isn't a breakaway goal or short-handed goal a gainst like a penalty doubly served up on a platter???!!! mad Strangers, Go HOME!

Rusk looked strong last night and the Ducks of Death ("Unforgiven" dialog reference) quacked open the Kings, Quickly and convincingly...away ( roll ) games and series getting chippy there, only gonna go further at some point, I bet.  Anderson looked sharp until hurt, and then Hiller barely blinked, nothing he could really do about the goal on him.

Rocket

Rocket wrote:

SURE you weren't, Bill! wink tongue  Minnesota beat Chicago at their own game last out.  Rainjeers SUCK!!! mad Looks like I'll eventually be (fully) pulling for Chicago once a gain (continuing to be a habit, lol)! Although I can go for Minnesota-always liked the North Stars, too,...or the Penguins, sure.  Just no fricking Canadiens or L.A. Flings!!! yikes big_smile

Power play?  What is that?!  Isn't a breakaway goal or short-handed goal a gainst like a penalty doubly served up on a platter???!!! mad Strangers, Go HOME!

Rusk looked strong last night and the Ducks of Death ("Unforgiven" dialog reference) quacked open the Kings, Quickly and convincingly...away ( roll ) games and series getting chippy there, only gonna go further at some point, I bet.  Anderson looked sharp until hurt, and then Hiller barely blinked, nothing he could really do about the goal on him.

Rocket

It seemed to me like the Hawks played at Minnesota's tempo, rather than dictating the tempo and playing their own game. They had plenty of chances, including the open net Kane had when the puck slipped away. After he made the huge defensive error that led to a goal, he played like a man possessed, unfortunately too late.
During the playoffs, one lapse like that can be the difference in the outcome.

Looks like the Rangers hired out some ringers!
lol

Hmmm .. 1-0 Rangers all rede ..
I'm sensing a win tonight Rocket .. theyre on a mission.

I feel sorry for my Dad (Bruin fan) .. Mom's a Pen's fan and if he's within elbow shot and things dont go her way .. ouch! lol

Game starts soon Bill .. nervous? .. lol cool

Seems like a mission now, Buzzy. Not like L.A. down 3-0 to take the series, down 3-1 to come back, BUT...Lundqvist is hottest goalie in playoffs so far.

Buzzy, your Mom best join Dad now!  smile

Yeah, Bill admit it...tenuous feel at best.  Citizen Kane beat be on the ice and screen BIG.

Rocket

Buzzy wrote:

Hmmm .. 1-0 Rangers all rede ..
I'm sensing a win tonight Rocket .. theyre on a mission.

I feel sorry for my Dad (Bruin fan) .. Mom's a Pen's fan and if he's within elbow shot and things dont go her way .. ouch! lol

Game starts soon Bill .. nervous? .. lol cool

Nice start, but the nerves are going a bit now.
Minnesota has a good team...I believe in the Hawks though and hope they can wrap it up tonight!

Rocket wrote:

Seems like a mission now, Buzzy. Not like L.A. down 3-0 to take the series, down 3-1 to come back, BUT...Lundqvist is hottest goalie in playoffs so far.

Buzzy, your Mom best join Dad now!  smile

Yeah, Bill admit it...tenuous feel at best.  Citizen Kane beat be on the ice and screen BIG.

Rocket

There are no guarantees...see Rangers v Pens