433 (edited by holdemxpert 2013-10-10 16:49:39)

Re: No Hockey Fans This Post Season???

Im not looking forward to this season. "Trading" Tortorella for Vigneault was a huge mistake. The Rangers don't have the talent to play a wide open skating game. Torts knew it, AV obviously doesn't.

Still...Lets go Rangers Tonight. Seats  behind Hank.

Caniac, speaking of mistakes, sorry to see Bobby Sanguinetti go to the KHL. A former teammate of my son's, there isn't a nicer guy or family in hockey. Fastest skater and hardest shot in the AHL and better ice sense when he was 12 than many NHL D men have, he deserved more from the Rangers and Canes. I predict he will be an NHL coach someday.

Holdem, I often wonder where Rutherford's head is when he lets some of these players go.  I liked watching Sanguinetti.  Reminds of another "fastest skater" we used to have: Sami Kapanen.  I miss the old guys...

Watching LA Kings at Hurricanes right now  Couldn't get to the game tonight.  No score heading into 3rd period.

I'm addicted.

What the heck is up with the Avalanche? I know they have a young, up and coming team, but their progression this year so far is beyond what I've expected.
I realize its a long season, but they sit at 5-0 and have beaten some pretty good teams convincingly...including Boston (2-0 score) and Washington (5-1 score).

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S & edragoo,
Will be watching the Hawks and the Canes play in about an hour!  My team seems to not have it together yet, but hope it's a good game anyway. 

Suzanne (caniac)

I'm addicted.

caniac wrote:

Bill S & edragoo,
Will be watching the Hawks and the Canes play in about an hour!  My team seems to not have it together yet, but hope it's a good game anyway. 

Suzanne (caniac)

Hey Suzanne...good luck to the Canes...just not tonight, lol.
I hate these 6pm games (Chicago time) I'm on my way home and will likely miss the first period.
On a positive note, I'll be at Thursday's game when the Hawks take on a tough Blues team. Normally I'm a "Blues" fan, but not on Thursday!!

Well, Bill, siggggghhhhh.  When you get home you'll see something you like.  Canes are down 2-0 at end of first already.  This could get ugly.  Something is missing from the team this year--haven't put my finger on it yet.  I will still yell loudly for my boys!

I'm addicted.

Good second period by the Canes...the Hawks defensemen are really good at getting a stick on every shot...really tough to get a clean shot off. The Canes have had the better period so far, but nothing to show for it.

Now it's a game!!

I'm addicted.

Wow! Crawford saved the game for the Hawks.

Good Game by Chicago.  Canes waited too late to wake up.  And we suck at the shootout!

I'm addicted.

There's still a long way to go in the NHL season, but there are a half dozen teams that are playing very well.
Up to now, the Western Conference has pretty much dominated the Eastern Conference during inter-conference play.
It remains to be seen if that will continue (I believe it will).
Who are your picks as the teams to beat?

I'll say Chicago, St. Louis, Anaheim, San Jose, Boston, maybe Detroit...maybe Pittsburgh

Yikes....last post by anyone not named Bill S was in October? Have the forum hockey fans gone on hiatus?? Lol, sorry...I received a miniature Zamboni desktop vacuum and a red flashing goal light for Christmas and I'm excited!!

Wings season has been trying.  But looking forward to the Winter Classic.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

dknight16 wrote:

I'd love to be there...billed as the biggest hockey game ever.
Hawks play at Soldier Field in March. I'd try to get tickets , but prices are so ridiculous I'm not sure it's worth it.

Bill, i'm assuming your a Hawks fan? Never really got into the hockey scene until I moved to Northern Illinois and all the people are CRAZY about the Hawks!! LOL

Bill S wrote:
dknight16 wrote:

Hawks play at Soldier Field in March. I'd try to get tickets , but prices are so ridiculous I'm not sure it's worth it.

edragoo wrote:

Bill, i'm assuming your a Hawks fan? Never really got into the hockey scene until I moved to Northern Illinois and all the people are CRAZY about the Hawks!! LOL

Bill S wrote:
dknight16 wrote:

Me? A Hawks fan? I guess you could say that, lol.

449 (edited by Bill S 2014-04-27 08:23:03)

I had trouble finding this topic.
Lots going on:
I believe there have been at least nine games where teams have come back from 2 goals down.
Lots of late goals to tie games, including the Avs last night and the Blues tying two games very late and beating the Hawks. The Hawks/Blues series is epic...5 games with 4 being decided in OT. Seabrook is back today and the Blues have their backs against the wall - I anticipate mayhem.
The Kings are trying to come back from being down 3-0 against the Sharks, now 3-2
The Bruins beat Detroit and move to the next round against Montreal
NY Rangers (you out there Rocket?) in a battle with the Flyers
The Stars giving the Ducks a run for their money

I'm sure I missed something...anybody have any favorite moments yet??

Living in hotel rooms for the last two weeks cut down on the watching but I did see most of a couple of the Blackhawks games. Good exciting skating this year. Home now so there will be more opportunities.
Good luck Bill.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381