Re: SUPERGROUPS ON VH1

Melissa wrote:

It was brief but well-presented; some music, a few words, the name, and the image.  Very exciting to see Joe on TV!!

I'm sure Joe was bummed to see they edited most out.

- But very cool anyway.

For me it was kind of like passing the torch from Ted Nugent, seasoned vet, to Joe Bonamassa ,new kid on the block. ( I remember seeing T.Nugent way back in 1978.)

A single bright shining light in a contentious episode. For once, Ted looked at ease and that's because he was kickin' it with Joe. That was some seriously fine jammin'.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Does anybody know if that clip of Joe and Ted was actually shot in Vegas and @ what venue?

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

It was worth suffering through almost an hour of it to see Joe come on for an instant.  They always save the best for last !!

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Does anybody know if that clip of Joe and Ted was actually shot in Vegas and @ what venue?

Here is the link to the club's website that speaks of that performance - in the VH1 show you can briefly see the club marquee prior to the clip of Joe.

http://www.sanddollarblues.com/view_story.asp?ID=19

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Saw Joe on VH-1's supergroup.  Very Cool!  Good Exposure for Joe.  So glad I don't have to watch that show anymore.  Joe was definely the highlight.

Pattie wrote:

Saw Joe on VH-1's supergroup.  Very Cool!  Good Exposure for Joe.  So glad I don't have to watch that show anymore.  Joe was definely the highlight.

Pattie, I am in agreement with you.  Going to try and burn that short portion onto a DVD.  If I can remember how to do it, I will share to some of the forum members if interested.

Music is good for the Soul...

Short, sweet and nice TV exposure...  Other than that, it had me feeling very grateful that Joe is the class act that he is!!!!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Loved seeing Joe with Ted, however, wanted much more air time with Joe!  He was the best part of that episode.  Great TV exposure for him.  Barbara

the dude wrote:

I saw Joe jam with Ted on the 2nd episode a little bit ago.  By my count his appearance began at about the 52 minute mark into the show.  Very nice interaction and blues groove between the 2 of them.  And nice comments from Ted about Joe.  Onward and upward!

Would you believe I just watched (without reading your posted elapsed time here) and I it was minute 53??!!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Thanks Dude . . .

THANK GOD I recorded it & didn't have to watch the whole miserable thing.

<G>
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”  Theodore Roosevelt