Topic: SUPERGROUPS ON VH1

Does anyone know if JOe is supposed to be on tonite on Supergroups Part II - didn't see him on Sunday and Stu was waiting for Fay who was waiting on VH1 to call her back.

Re: SUPERGROUPS ON VH1

tracy wrote:

Does anyone know if JOe is supposed to be on tonite on Supergroups Part II - didn't see him on Sunday and Stu was waiting for Fay who was waiting on VH1 to call her back.

No word from VH1 as of yesterday, per Faye.

Thanks for the update Stu.

The word from VH1 is that Joe has NOT been cut, however we are waiting to hear back on what date it will actually air. When I know more I will post to this thread ASAP.

In the mean time, all one can do is watch. What the heck, Idol is over!

From what I make of the show times at VH1 it indicates a new show on Sunday 5/28 if you scroll down.  Under episode it changes from "Episode 1" to "#102" and the description changes from "The five Rock Warriors descend on their spectacular, if gaudy Vegas digs and meet their new Bandmates..." to "With the concert just 10 days away, drummer Jason Bonham drops a bombshell. He needs to leave town for a gig with his band, Foreigner..."

see for yourself at http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/supergroup … imes.jhtml

This just in - Faye just called. Vh1 has responded to the inquiry from Joe's publicist, and the footage with Joe is supposed to appear during episode #2 which is scheduled to air on Sunday 5-28 at Noon (time zone unknown). If you can't catch the Noon Sunday show, it is also scheduled to air 5-28 10pm, 5-29 Noon, 5-29 1pm, 5-30 Noon, 5-30 7pm, 6-1 1am, 6-2 3:30pm, and 6-3 11pm.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/supergroup … imes.jhtml

Thanks so much for the info, Stu!!

Can't wait for Sunday, it will really be great to see Joe on T.V.  I hope he's on long enough for people (who haven 't heard of him yet) to catch his name and want to hear more!  I'll bet the forum hears from some of them next week...

stu, you rock, what would we do without you man!

i look forward to your emails every week

Thanks Stu!! smile

Alright, that's great news!

Stu Craig wrote:

This just in - Faye just called. Vh1 has responded to the inquiry from Joe's publicist, and the footage with Joe is supposed to appear during episode #2 which is scheduled to air on Sunday 5-28 at Noon (time zone unknown). If you can't catch the Noon Sunday show, it is also scheduled to air 5-28 10pm, 5-29 Noon, 5-29 1pm, 5-30 Noon, 5-30 7pm, 6-1 1am, 6-2 3:30pm, and 6-3 11pm.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/supergroup … imes.jhtml

Thanks for the update Stu! I followed the link and there's an area to the left of the showtimes where you can have them send you a reminder. When I clicked that link for Sunday's date, a screen came up with 3 show times: 12PM/11PM C (central), which I assume means this is on at Midnight eastern time, rather than noon (unless this was a mistake by VH-1?). The other Sunday time indicated was 10PM/9PM C (central). The third time was on Monday...sorry, I didn't pay attention to that time.
I'm going to check Sunday at 11AM (central), just in case.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Ooops! I just went back and looked at VH-1's hour by hour list of shows and Supergroup is indeed on at noon (i assume this is eastern time). The other showtime I saw was very misleading, since it was listed as 12/11c PM. Sorry if I've confused anyone.

I saw Joe jam with Ted on the 2nd episode a little bit ago.  By my count his appearance began at about the 52 minute mark into the show.  Very nice interaction and blues groove between the 2 of them.  And nice comments from Ted about Joe.  Onward and upward!

yes Joe was on this weeks Supergroup a very short clip but atleast they got his name out there

Just what I envisioned...a cameo appearance, not enough to satisfy JB fans, but it was really cool to see Joe get some airtime and to hear Uncle Ted's glowing review. Since Jasen Bonham played on You & Me, I thought there might be some mention of that fact.

What I don't get is the fact that the "beat-box" guy got almost an entire segment, complete with an interview and the band hated him-  didn't even want to see him, and he gets all that air time... Then you get a guy with actual talent like Joe, jamming with Ted, you get Ted's positive review and probably around 45 minutes of film coverage, and Joe gets like 15 seconds.... WTF?!

That's Hollywood for ya-

Still glad Joe was on TV, though- it was cool to see him and his name on the screen smile

yeah that kind of pisses me off. they couldnt even show anything ted nugent had to say about him. and the only guitar playing sounded like low quality, extremely basic blues. Well at least we know he's better than that.

I woke up this mornin', cant find my shoes.

It was brief but well-presented; some music, a few words, the name, and the image.  Very exciting to see Joe on TV!!

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!