Topic: Paul Cochrane Timmy Pedal?

Has anybody heard of this pedal? Does anybody have this pedal? I hear awesome things about it from another board. Seems to be a killer OD pedal. Any comments anybody??

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

2 (edited by Guitgator 2007-02-26 02:38:58)

Re: Paul Cochrane Timmy Pedal?

He makes 'em here in Nashville and they're pretty well known in guitar circles. It may take some time to get one if you order it and that actually makes them sell higher on EBAY than what Cochrane charges to make a new one.

I've never played one but I have friends that use them. I'm one of those guys who looks to be a bit different in my pedal selection....still looking for "the" sound. I have several overdrives...Option 5 Destination Overdrive / Shannon Overdrive / TGTM by Tim Juernigan.
I had my TS-9 modded by Robert Keeley (baked mod) and I really like that much better than the stock sound. I know Joe deals with Keeley also.

I really like the Shannon overdrive but unfortunatley Eric Shannon makes one pedal at a time and he's not making them now...I think he's doing his phaser.

go to Harmony Central and read the reviews on the  Tim/Timmy pedals...it should give you some insight.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi … l+Cochrane

zosozep7 wrote:

Has anybody heard of this pedal? Does anybody have this pedal? I hear awesome things about it from another board. Seems to be a killer OD pedal. Any comments anybody??

Rob

"why isn't the number "11" pronounced "onety one"???....S. Wright.

Guitgator, I can I buy a Timmy? I cant seem to find anything online. Also, thanks for all the info!

Rob

4 (edited by Guitgator 2007-02-26 14:31:32)

Let me see if I can track down Paul's number for you. The last I heard the waiting time was about 2 months. Sometimes you see them on EBAY but most folks don't get rid of them so it can be a long wait...another reason the prices are higher.  I'll email you when I get the info.

Thanks Guitgator. Definetly let me know if you do run across the number. I can wait a few months anyways!

Rob

6 (edited by Guitgator 2007-02-26 21:28:43)

There seem to be guys selling them on The Gear Page but they go really quick and run anywhere from $200-$250 dollars. "The Tim" pedal has a few listings on EBAY but they go for the ridiculous amounts of $350 and up...you'd have to take out an equity loan. smile

zosozep7 wrote:

Thanks Guitgator. Definetly let me know if you do run across the number. I can wait a few months anyways!

Rob

On the Gear Page the Timmy is really highly talked about, there has to be dozens of threads about that pedal. I'm a try before you buy type of person, but I think I'm ready to order one anyway's. I want to try the timmy, a "Rat" and a Mojo Vibe pedal.

I haven't had one yet but it's one of those deals that I get really edgy about going over 2 bills for an overdive pedal. I've had a bunch of 'em and they all have different characteristics depending on your guitar/amp setup. Some sound great with single coil but not so hot with humbuckers and vice versa. The good thing about getting a Timmy is you probably wont' lose money if you get one and decide to resell it.  I have found I like boutique...small manufacture...pedals over the big guys units. First off you'll get true bypass and hand soldered joints. You also get personal service with these guys because the norm now is for them to back up their products lest they get a bad review on Harmony Central or The Gear Page.

I myself like the botique pedals because they hold their value and are excellent quality. Redhouse, I believe your the one that gave me the link to the Gear Page and thats how I found out about the Timmy, so thanks for the great link!! Guitgator, if you happen to run across the number please let me know. I have seen the pedals on Ebay and its worth me waiting for Mr. Cochrane to build one!

Rob

I just placed my order with Paul Cochrane for the Timmy pedal. It is a 4 month wait!! The cost is $105 with shipping and they sell for as high as $300 on Ebay. Paul said that he has a 30 day trial period on the pedal for anyone that is interested. Paul said he has sold them to Brad Whitford, the guitarists of Staind and a few other big names.

Rob

zosozep7 wrote:

I just placed my order with Paul Cochrane for the Timmy pedal. It is a 4 month wait!! The cost is $105 with shipping and they sell for as high as $300 on Ebay. Paul said that he has a 30 day trial period on the pedal for anyone that is interested. Paul said he has sold them to Brad Whitford, the guitarists of Staind and a few other big names.

Rob

wow only $105!!!!! that's really not bad for a good boutique pedal... hope you have fun with that once you get it smile

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Yeah....you can't really go wrong with that price. Good luck with the anticipation part and I'm glad I could help ya out with the number. If anyone else wants it just email me and I'll foward it along.

zosozep7 wrote:

Rob

Hi, first post here.

I've got a Timmy pedal. It's a medium gain OD. What I find, is that it can really be like a "Mastering EQ" type of effect. It's a cool OD, on it's own. But, the way it stacks with other pedals, is great.

I'll try to make a clip of it this weekend, and post it.

Paul doesn't have a website. He's a really nice guy to deal with.
    He's pretty busy designing the Heritage amp line. Great amps, by the way.

Here's his contact info:

Paul Cochrane

615-896-8555

He's located in Nashville.

Hope this helps!

Early 80's 1957 U.S. Vintage Reissue Stratocaster (Surf Green)-Warmouth Soloist  Pearly Gates Neck, Pearly Gates Bridge- Larrivee D-03 (Mahogany/ Spruce)
Carmen Ghia Head- Marshall 112 Cab W/G12H 30  or  Custom 4 X 6v6 Head  or  Budda Twinmaster Plus Head-Traynor 212 Cab w/Eminence Texas Heats. 
Mo'D-Eternity-Blues Pro- Timmy-BYOC Chorus/Vibrato- TC SCF- Korg DT 10 Pedal Tuner

Here's areview I wrote to another forum. Just after I got the Timmy.

Played the Timmy through a Kendrick Model 118. It's basically a tweed champ.
    Tried it alone, and with a Rat, and a FD2.
    It IS very clear sounding. Adds it's own unique EQ stamp. Seems to thicken the tone. I liked the gain. It worked with other pedals well. Gain at 7-9 o'clock, seems like it will be the sweet spot at gig volumes. I will be trying larger amps, soon.
    First, I tried it after the FD2 (comp-cut), and Rat.
    7-9 o'clock really added a new level of thickness to the FD2. With the Rat, it seemed to take away the harshness, while the Rat added the punchy bass clarity.
    12-3 o'clock gain, and it started to impose it's voice over the FD2, and Rat.
    The EQ controls really can take the edge off, and smooth out even a fairly rude tone. I could see them adding clarity to an overly dark sound, as well.
    When used before the other pedals, it could be a hi gain machine! But, the tones weren't as inspiring.
    I preferred the dip switches at factory settings. Both down. Assymmetrical, or compressed seemed to take away some of the magic of the Timmy. For compression, I preferred what I got from the FD2, and Rat.
    Overall first impressions, great OD sound. Not quite like a TS, or FD2. Definately it's own man! cool

Can't wait for next band practice, as I think high volume will reveal MUCH more range from this pedal.

Early 80's 1957 U.S. Vintage Reissue Stratocaster (Surf Green)-Warmouth Soloist  Pearly Gates Neck, Pearly Gates Bridge- Larrivee D-03 (Mahogany/ Spruce)
Carmen Ghia Head- Marshall 112 Cab W/G12H 30  or  Custom 4 X 6v6 Head  or  Budda Twinmaster Plus Head-Traynor 212 Cab w/Eminence Texas Heats. 
Mo'D-Eternity-Blues Pro- Timmy-BYOC Chorus/Vibrato- TC SCF- Korg DT 10 Pedal Tuner

Welcome to the board Budda and thanks for the input. It will be awhile until I get mine but I can wait. Are you a Joe Bonamassa fan??

Rob

zosozep7 wrote:

Welcome to the board Budda and thanks for the input. It will be awhile until I get mine but I can wait. Are you a Joe Bonamassa fan??

Rob

Thanks.

Yeah, I really dig JB. I think he'll be in my CD collection, for a long time. He's got a great touch, and technique. I also dig his tones.

More importantly, I think he's a good songwriter. As much material as he puts out, I figure he'll probably come up with some classic tunes eventually. Something that will put him over the top.

Another player/singer/songwriter I like is Johnny Lang. It would be cool, to hear those two hook up. Just a thought.

Anyway, I hope he plays Little Rock at some point. He came to the Fort Smith Blues Festival a couple of years ago. But, I don't think he's ever come here. If you're reading this Joe, COME ON DOWN!!!