Re: Tedeschi Trucks Band

Why they no likey UK? It'd be a big deal to see them...anywhere in the UK.

Just got back from TTB with Doyle II and Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Great show. Best I've seen them do. They are the second best live show out there in the Blues Rock genre'. It was outdoors and Tropical Storm Bill drenched us all night had a small crowd that braved the weather but those that showed up were in for a treat. Susan is a powerhouse and Derek played with more fire than I have ever seen him play. He can be a little understated at times. Must see tour if you have the chance.

jim m wrote:

Just got back from TTB with Doyle II and Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Great show. Best I've seen them do. They are the second best live show out there in the Blues Rock genre'. It was outdoors and Tropical Storm Bill drenched us all night had a small crowd that braved the weather but those that showed up were in for a treat. Susan is a powerhouse and Derek played with more fire than I have ever seen him play. He can be a little understated at times. Must see tour if you have the chance.

Seeing them tomorrow night in Minneapolis at the State Theatre. Originally it was scheduled for the Somerset Amphitheater in nearby Wisconsin, which can hold upwards of 20,000 people, but even at a relatively low price ticket sales were much lower than expected (apparently). The good news for us is that our $67 pit tickets for the Amphitheater will be honored as a VIP ticket at the State where the ticket price for those is $129. The only minor downside is we're going from GA to an unknown seat through an exchange at the theatre. And yes, I would agree that they're probably the second best "Blues" show out there.

jim m wrote:

Unfortunately we can't make any of their shows this summer but they top the list of bands that we plan to see next year.  Both my wife and I are huge fans.  Great band.  Susan could sing the McDonald's menu board to me and it would sound like the most beautiful and soulful words that I'd ever heard, she's amazing.

I was fortunate to see this same show (TTB, Sharon Jones, Brmhall II) at Red Rocks last weekend.  It was my 3rd time seeing Tedeschi Trucks Band and it was a great show.  I enjoyed all 3 performers tremendously.  Similar to Jim M's experience rain was a factor at my show as well.  The music was delayed over an hour due to heavy rain.  Unlike Jim's situation it didn't seem to diminsh the crowd at Red Rocks much.  Great show overall.

One thing I will comment on quick would be to say I have been a fan of Bramhall II's playing for awhile.  Back to Arc Angels.  This was my first time seeing him play live.  He is an incredibly talented player and I enjoy what he adds a ton.  The vast majority of what I have seen/heard him doing is support work for other artists.  Eric Clapton, Roger Waters, Tedeschi Trucks, Sheryl Crow, etc.  I truly hope that he is able to find time in the near future to to work on some more of his own material.  Would love to see him put a band together and tour specific to his music.  It would be great to see a show where his playing would be featured the whole time.

Konkman wrote:

I was fortunate to see this same show (TTB, Sharon Jones, Brmhall II) at Red Rocks last weekend.  It was my 3rd time seeing Tedeschi Trucks Band and it was a great show.  I enjoyed all 3 performers tremendously.  Similar to Jim M's experience rain was a factor at my show as well.  The music was delayed over an hour due to heavy rain.  Unlike Jim's situation it didn't seem to diminsh the crowd at Red Rocks much.  Great show overall.

One thing I will comment on quick would be to say I have been a fan of Bramhall II's playing for awhile.  Back to Arc Angels.  This was my first time seeing him play live.  He is an incredibly talented player and I enjoy what he adds a ton.  The vast majority of what I have seen/heard him doing is support work for other artists.  Eric Clapton, Roger Waters, Tedeschi Trucks, Sheryl Crow, etc.  I truly hope that he is able to find time in the near future to to work on some more of his own material.  Would love to see him put a band together and tour specific to his music.  It would be great to see a show where his playing would be featured the whole time.

I came early to see Doyle having been a fan since the Arc Angels days. I'm one of the few people that actually owns and plays regularly the Double Trouble album featuring Doyle. I thought the set was less than impressive with only one familiar song in 45 minutes. The mix was bad the first couple of songs and he was looking off stage the entire time but that could of been because the crowd or shall I say the gathering of brave souls that risked life and limb to attend came late. So He was playing to a couple of hundred people.

Doyle to me has been an enigma in many ways. Arc Angels album was great. It had a hit however they suffered the same fate Storyville did. They couldn't get along and they never sold well outside of Austin. He has been comfortable with the sideman role to the detriment of his own career. As a solo act he is destined to be a festival act or an opener. He can't sell a ticket. I was lucky enough to see the Arc Angels at the original ACL Festival in 2002 which they headlined the last night that was a good band. I also got to see Storyville play the 30th anniversary show at Antones another good band that nobody has heard or seen. Doyle has the talent just not sure he has the drive or direction it takes to power through the building stages of a solo career.

Tedeschi Trucks Band concert PSA:

Tedeschi Trucks Band, Saturday 9/17/16, 8pm, The Orpheum Theatre, Los Angeles

Show had been sold out, but a bunch of tix recently became available:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/tedeschi-tr … norcatid=1

(Not the best seats, but they’re not too pricey either, and it’s TTB!!!)

So much music, so little time!