1 (edited by mshalfstep 2011-04-11 15:52:07)

Topic: Tedeschi Trucks Band

Just wanted to pass along that the TTD will be playing the Tower Theater in Philly on 8/18.  Awesome venue and a great band.  Pre-sale tickets just went on sale.  Go to TTD website and can order tixs there.  If you haven't heard them, you won't be disappointed.

2 (edited by samjp4 2011-04-08 21:46:13)

Re: Tedeschi Trucks Band

New Hampshire show for June at Hampton Beach (night before BCC I think) and one for Boston (3 days before Grace Potter).  Go on sale Monday I believe.  Decisions, decisions....    big_smile

Sandy

By the way mshalfstep welcome to the forum.  Could you please do me a favor and edit the title for this thread to not include "Tower Theater?"  We have been trying to clean up the huge number of topics in the "Other Artists" section by trying to keep as much as possible under something simple that would do for more than one show and assorted info about an artist.  Thanks.

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

samjp4 wrote:

New Hampshire show for June at Hampton Beach (night before BCC I think) and one for Boston (3 days before Grace Potter).  Go on sale Monday I believe.  Decisions, decisions....    big_smile

Sandy

By the way mshalfstep welcome to the forum.  Could you please do me a favor and edit the title for this thread to not include "Tower Theater?"  We have been trying to clean up the huge number of topics in the "Other Artists" section by trying to keep as much as possible under something simple that would do for more than one show and assorted info about an artist.  Thanks.

Got tickets to see Tedeschi/Trucks Band at the Shepherds Bush Empire in June. Go see em if you can. Their debut cd 'Revelator' comes out in June.

Apparently they are on the bill for Hot August Blues....should be interesting.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Just bought my tickets for Boston in August.  I have seen Derek and Susan many times both as separate artists and in their new configuration.  Saw the current lineup last year in Boston and also at Crossroads - they are amazing.  Looking forward to this one.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

I´ll go to see them in Stuttgart in July ... also only a few days after BCC. June/July is crazy here with concerts ... I can´t even decide which ones to go to!

Eva

samjp4 wrote:

Thanks for the advice on cleaning up the title.  Glad to be a member!!

Will See TTB in May at the Doheney Blues Fest.  Can't wait for the album release

Just saw the TTB last night in Charlotte at a beautiful 700 seat venue which was sold out.   Great show to say the least.  Derek really played off the charts and Susan's voice is just amazing.  They have an eleven piece band which really flows well.  JJ Johnson from John Mayer was one of the drummers, such a talented drummer.

If they come around you might want to check them out live if you haven't already...

Music is good for the Soul...

We saw them at the Jacksonville Theater New Year's Eve.  Such a great show.  We'll also be seeing them this Saturday at the Wanee Festival in Live Oak.  I just love them together.   cool

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Just got an e-mail for the second song download from Revelator for those that pre-ordered the CD.  Come See About Me.  Love the tune.  Can't wait to see TTB in Doheney next month and for the new CD release.

Going to see them in San Francisco next month.  Should be a great show!

We recently saw this band at the Wanee Festival.  I love these two together.  They have a new record coming out in June too. They played some of the songs at the festival.  From what I've heard so far, it sounds great. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-_EYXYR … r_embedded

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

They are gonna be in Redding Ca May 24th.... Gotta go!!!!!! I love Derek and my fiance loves Susan... thats why we are getting married.. lol wink

Great video of one of their new songs... Might not be able to view in the UK until CD is released though.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/06/03/tedes … ory-video/

Music is good for the Soul...

Secured some very good seats to their September 2nd show at the Riverside Theater in Milwaukee. Saw them perform one other time at Summerfest in Milwaukee. It was a great show! smile

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Revelator's been playing pretty much none stop in this house since it dropped into the mailbox a few days ago. Love it!!!!!

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

18 (edited by vortex1 2011-06-30 07:21:11)

Saw them last night here in Richmond and the show was one of the best i have seen in many years. Have been to several shows of the Derek Trucks Band and really enjoyed them. Had never been to one of Susan's shows so did not know what to expect.Together they make great music and i hope to see them again.

"Bound For Glory"
http://youtu.be/ThB-h2sw_vc