109 (edited by sally12333 2013-04-07 17:31:31)

Re: Tedeschi Trucks Band

Holy cow, bump, up to 700 posts already?  Meteoric!  Comes to 8.3 per day?

No one can ever accuse you of not carrying your weight around here!

Bonametal is in clear sight.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:

Holy cow, bump, up to 700 posts already?  Meteoric!  Comes to 8.3 per day?

No one can ever accuse you of not carrying your weight around here!

Bonametal is in clear sight.

Too much time on my hand but yes

Alan

I think they are one of those bands that are more than the sum of its parts. Have tickets for the Beacon run in September and hoping to get PNC tickets Friday

Alan

bump827 wrote:

I think they are one of those bands that are more than the sum of its parts. Have tickets for the Beacon run in September and hoping to get PNC tickets Friday

They are an amazing band. Superb live, what energy! I have seen both Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi solo. Their only uk show to date as the Tedeschi Trucks Band, and the night before the played with B.B. King for about 45 minutes, along with Slash, Ron Wood and Mick Hucknall. However i would love to see them play London again, it was one of the best gigs I've been too in last few years. I'm sure the Beacon shows will be amazing.

haveacigar wrote:
bump827 wrote:

They are an amazing band. Superb live, what energy! I have seen both Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi solo. Their only uk show to date as the Tedeschi Trucks Band, and the night before the played with B.B. King for about 45 minutes, along with Slash, Ron Wood and Mick Hucknall. However i would love to see them play London again, it was one of the best gigs I've been too in last few years. I'm sure the Beacon shows will be amazing.

I had seen them both alone before the merge (Susan in a club in Boston in 1999) and they are great together. Saw the  at Crossroads in 2010 when Gregg had his transplant.

Alan

114 (edited by sally12333 2013-04-08 15:52:00)

Not that it's any of my business, but what did Gregg have transplanted?

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

115 (edited by bump827 2013-04-08 16:22:11)

sally12333 wrote:

Not that it's any of my business, but what did Gregg have transplanted?

I believe his liver. Of course. Over the years the band has stopped being a party band and even kicked out one of the original guitarists (Dickey Betts).

Alan

Beacon Theatre, NY - 20 and 21 September.

I think there will be another Bump post to take him closer to 800 smile

Kenny wrote:

Beacon Theatre, NY - 20 and 21 September.

I think there will be another Bump post to take him closer to 800 smile

Lol Kenny - already have tickets for those although my partner doesn't know where we're going aside from "save the days".

Who is stopping at 800? I think I've actually slowed down and have Crossroads this weekend. We're staying over in Manhattan.

Alan

WOOOOHOOOOO! New Album is on the way!!!!! i cannot wait!!!!

Fishing for a good time starts with throwing in your line...

Reem wrote:

I've ordered the vinyl and will dl from iTunes on 8/20

Alan

bump827 wrote:
Reem wrote:

Already! but i'd have to wait a bit longer since i live in Jordan... i have to get patience from somewhere, man!

Fishing for a good time starts with throwing in your line...

Reem wrote:
bump827 wrote:
Reem wrote:

Already! but i'd have to wait a bit longer since i live in Jordan... i have to get patience from somewhere, man!

Amazon took pre-orders on the vinyl. I play most music on digital devices and my ears can't tell the difference from downloading or getting a CD and copying it to iTunes.

I'd guess Amazon UK or closer would have it on pre-order. I recently ordered a Deep Purple set on vinyl from Amazon DE and couldn't figure out how to change the language from German. It arrived though!

Alan

122 (edited by Wooders 2013-11-15 09:05:36)

Last Tuesday, 29th October, saw me, Mrs W (Kathryn), Pete, Maggie, David, Lydia and Tricia at the RAH for the first night of the Bluesfest and the almost sell out show by TTB. With the ladies in the front row on one side of the stalls and the guys on the exact opposite side at around 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock respectively, we all had a great view of Derek and Susan and each other. smile

First up we was Mavis Staples with 40 minutes of gospel blues, including The Staples' I'll Take You There and The Band's The Weight plus towards the end, Derek and Susan joined Mavis on stage for Will The Circle Be Unbroken. If we hadn't been interrupted by some late comers along our row, Pete and I would have some footage of this rare moment. sad

Derek and Susan played a mix of their first and the new CD plus some blues standards and the audience loved them. Having seen them two years ago at Shepherds Bush when it was far from sold out, I was both pleased and surprised to see so many at the RAH. This could be the start of something big for TTB in the UK.

With Susan's superb voice and Derek's unique playing style, they are make a wonderful partnership. Not to mention  the other top class musicians they have with them. I have to admire Derek that he has taken virtually his whole band and included them in TTB. They're like one big family.

We all had a superb evening made even more special by the fact that we were also celebrating Tricia's birthday.  Then being driven back to our respective railway stations by Pete in his cab topped off the evening as we drove past many of London's famous sights singing Maybe It's Because I'm a Londoner. big_smile

The setlist was as follows. The links will take you to videos taken by Pete and me. If Pete gets round to uploading Harlem, I'll replace the link as his are far better than mine. As we all know he's the master. wink If you only have time to watch one of these now, I suggest The Storm. It'll blow you away - no pun intended. smile

Made Up Mind

Do I Look Worried

Until You Remember

I Know (DTB cover)

Midnight In Harlem

Misunderstood

Part Of Me

The Sky Is Crying (Elmore James cover)

More and More (Little Milton cover)

Angel From Montgomery/Sugaree (John Prine cover inc. Sugaree by Grateful Dead)

Bound For Glory

The Storm

Enjoy

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

I'm really enjoying the videos and re-living that evening. Nice work Phil and Pete. It was great to meet up with everyone and enjoy such good music together. The Tedeschi Trucks Band were excellent, as were Royal Southern Brotherhood two days later. I managed to see six good bands in the two days I went, so I hope they do it again next year.

currymandavid wrote:

I'm really enjoying the videos and re-living that evening. Nice work Phil and Pete. It was great to meet up with everyone and enjoy such good music together. The Tedeschi Trucks Band were excellent, as were Royal Southern Brotherhood two days later. I managed to see six good bands in the two days I went, so I hope they do it again next year.

Good to meet you again David. Yes, hope they do it again next year. Rumour going about that they are trying to get The Allman Brothers to play there in 2014.

Calm down Phil smile smile

Kenny wrote:

Good to meet you again David. Yes, hope they do it again next year. Rumour going about that they are trying to get The Allman Brothers to play there in 2014.

Calm down Phil smile smile

I'm there!

Phil
Sent from the front of the queue at the RAH. wink  It's going to be a long wait but worth it. Back in 1972 K and I queued at the Rainbow and bought tickets for both nights of their London dates. I never got over the fact that they cancelled these shows. sad

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

TTB have a few gigs confirmed for late April/early May in Europe. Hopefully some UK dates to be added, fingers crossed.