Re: Tedeschi Trucks Band

Now Tedeschi Trucks Band is possibly something I would never stumbled across had I not (finally) come across Joe and joined the forum. And when an 'other artist' thread gets into 5 pages it's a cue to take notice at least!
I noted that they were playing down here next year (at the theatre / theater that Joe played last year) and thought I'd have a bit of a sniff. End result is I bought Revelator and this year's Everybody's Talkin' (live) that surprisingly nobody's mentioned here.

I agree with the sentiment that Revelator is mellow but it still oozes class. And it is OK to have something this good to play while chilling out reading a book or as backgound to dinner or a glass of wine in the afternoon sun with friends.
Everybody's Talking though is amazing and seems to have captured the rave reviews throughout this thread of the live shows. The big band has so many facets and Susan's voice tingles the spine, full of exended jams - there's only 11 tracks on the 2 CD set.

So they're primarily coming here for this: http://www.bluesfest.com.au/ (suck that lineup up!) and the Enmore Theatre show I mentioned is a sideshow to it, but would be a full set. My dilemma now is I've realized it's on Easter Sunday night when, as every year, I'll be camping up the coast with very close friends which makes it a bit too far away... Decisions, decisions. (And also why am I  not going to the 2013 Byron Bay Bluesfest - which again I never have because the Easter beach trip).

Time to change traditions I think.  Grace Potter and the Nocturnals will be there, too (Byron Bay).

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Anybody else going to see TTB in Harrisburg, PA on 11/30?

Great interview with Derek:

http://www.americanbluesscene.com/2012/ … obsession/

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

I just recently got to know Tedeschi Trucks Band, and i must say that i'm very very glad i did. i've listened to "Everybody's Talking" and i liked it so much. i'm going to get the other album and check it, the "Revelator" one...

Fishing for a good time starts with throwing in your line...

Reem wrote:

I just recently got to know Tedeschi Trucks Band, and i must say that i'm very very glad i did. i've listened to "Everybody's Talking" and i liked it so much. i'm going to get the other album and check it, the "Revelator" one...

Definitely do it, 'Revelator' is an amazing album, and for me just pipped Joe Bonamassa's 'Dust Bowl' for album of 2011. You won't be disappointed. Also there are number of Live Allman Brothers recordings, available at MunkMusic.com and Hittinthenote.com in which Susan Tedeschi joins the band onstage for some excellent collaborations, which i would also highly recommend.

haveacigar wrote:
Reem wrote:

Definitely do it, 'Revelator' is an amazing album, and for me just pipped Joe Bonamassa's 'Dust Bowl' for album of 2011. You won't be disappointed. Also there are number of Live Allman Brothers recordings, available at MunkMusic.com and Hittinthenote.com in which Susan Tedeschi joins the band onstage for some excellent collaborations, which i would also highly recommend.

Thanks a bunch! i definitely will check them!
i just got "Revelator", and i'm searching for some of The Derek Trucks Band albums online...

Reem wrote:
haveacigar wrote:
Reem wrote:

Thanks a bunch! i definitely will check them!
i just got "Revelator", and i'm searching for some of The Derek Trucks Band albums online...

Check out the Derek Trucks Band live album 'Roadsongs'. Their last studio album 'Already Free' (2009) is their best effort. And check out Susan Tedeschi's 'Back To The River' (2009) & 'Just Won't Burn' (1998).

haveacigar wrote:

Check out the Derek Trucks Band live album 'Roadsongs'. Their last studio album 'Already Free' (2009) is their best effort. And check out Susan Tedeschi's 'Back To The River' (2009) & 'Just Won't Burn' (1998).

i definitely will check those! thanks!

Awesome Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wVWjl9Kq6U

Co-headlining USA summer tour with The Black Crowes :

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=804752

102 (edited by bump827 2013-04-06 11:58:36)

Kenny wrote:

I saw he Crowes last night and the venue (PNC) is less than a half hour from home.

Alan

bump827 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

I saw he Crowes last night and the venue (PNC) is less than a half hour from home.

That's a handy venue - how did they perform?

104 (edited by bump827 2013-04-06 15:26:38)

Great. Jackie Greene who has opened for Govt Mule is on guitar now rather than Luther Dickonson from N Mississippi Allstars. And it was in a club.

Alan

Jones Beach here we come ... smile

eva wrote:

From Germany? Wow

Alan

bump827 wrote:
eva wrote: