1 (edited by ohiodawg13 2007-02-21 18:49:45)

Topic: Volker Strifler Band

Here's a little taste of Volker Strifler who is currently on tour as Robben Ford's sideman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blQBLz7qcM8         

J Dawg

OK if that doesn't work just type in Volker Strifler and search and that will work. Check out "The Dance Goes On".

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: Volker Strifler Band

Hey Jdawg:

I can give you a big thumbs up on the Volker cat.
He is a German that knows his way around the Telecaster. He stood his ground very well with Robben last night at a small club in Salem, Oregon last night. His vocals were nice and bluesy, and gave Robben's pipes a break every now and then. 
A nice surprise, as I had not heard of him B4. Keep a look out for Robben's Bass player. A young kid, the shined on a couple of solos.
Unfortunately, Mark was ill last night, so did not get to hear some harp blowin. I was looking forward to that for sure.
Robben is amazing, and stretched out on some tunes to keep the crowd excited. When the boys come to your town, grab a ticket quick!

RockinRon

Two kinds of women in this world. Theres naughty and there's nice
Any man will tell you that one is a virtue
And the other is a Vice.
Warren Haynes-Inside Outside Women Blues #3-By a Thread