Topic: Goldie build

So, working on a "goldie" build.....will not be a 100% spot on replica, but a "homage" to goldie if you will, as wanted a couple appointments to the guitar that I would be comfortable with.....body if off to be sprayed, and when shop was applying the VERY RARE to find decal of the green lady for behind the bridge --- ruined the decal.....beyond upset, but what can I do at this point, told them to remove the decal and clear the entire guitar, and I will have to figure out plan b for another decal.

My sincerest apologies to Spider, who hooked me up with the decal...my intent was to use it, clear over it and have forever, what happened is to the contrary....was very generous of you to hook me up, and I am sorry decal got destroyed....

Here are a couple shots with it on, and the decal is wrinkled / damaged

Jay

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fb … mp;theater

Self-Professed "GOLDIE" Nut-Job!!!!

JBLP #267

Re: Goldie build

Wow that looks really good.  My favorite is the ash body esquire with the seymour duncan little 59' in the bridge.  I think I could really get into that one.  The neck on Goldie was really cool too with the signature on it.  Do you build for money or is it just for fun?

I have one left. However I do have more on the way!!! Yes originals!!!!!  cool   cool   cool

Jay check your email.

I'm putting together a champagne sparkle strat this weekend, too.  Goldie 'inspired', but in a different hue.  I have a green sparkle one, too, but with much bigger flake to it. cool

Spider wrote:

I have one left. However I do have more on the way!!! Yes originals!!!!!  cool   cool   cool

Jay check your email.

would you sale one of these originals to me..???

cliff dougherty wrote:
Spider wrote:

Jay check your email.

would you sale one of these originals to me..???

I much prefer to wait until they arrive before committing. When they arrive and I can be sure they're all good I will post them for sale or trade. I would prefer trading for early Joe Bonamassa stickers or something else.

I had offered my last one to Joe if he would like to have it but I haven't heard back. Joe?

Spider,

Got your email --- I am interested in a couple....if you would hook a brother up once again....working on a source for the round, red bonamassa sticker on the back of goldie too....more to come here

Let me know...

Jay

JBLP #267

My builds are for fun and nothing else.....

JBLP #267

9 (edited by jddarden 2011-03-26 21:00:06)

Guytron wrote:

My builds are for fun and nothing else.....

What's your source for the Tele bodies and necks, or do you build them from scratch?

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

Wish I was talented enough to cut the wood, route them out and stain myself....nope, I simply buy the bodies online.....so they are all partocasters.

JBLP #267