Topic: question about JOEFEST

who was the young guitar player that played with Doyle Bramhall in the opening act?

Re: question about JOEFEST

Hi Charles,

Doyles guitarist is Mike Keller.  He lives in Austin, TX and when he is not playing with Doyle he fronts his own band with his brother.  He is a really good guitar player and a super nice guy!

Take Care,
Daniel Akers

Daniel A. wrote:

Hi Charles,

Doyles guitarist is Mike Keller.  He lives in Austin, TX and when he is not playing with Doyle he fronts his own band with his brother.  He is a really good guitar player and a super nice guy!

Take Care,
Daniel Akers

Doyle put on a good show that night and was really impressed with Mike.  What is the name of his band?  Austin sure comes out with some great musicans.

Music is good for the Soul...

David,

I don't know what they are currently going by.  They played on the same bill with Rick Derringer last summer as the Mike Keller Trio.  I saw them earlier in the year and they were going by Keller Blues.  I emailed him this morning, but haven't got a reply yet.  I'll let you know what they are up to when I get my reply.

Take Care,
Daniel Akers

Daniel:

How bout a shout-out for Rick Derringer.
Have seen him at the Dallas Guitar Show last year and at a small venue in Centralia, WA. Such a great guy and a rockin band. Charlie Torres on Bass is off the scale with energy. He is all over the stage and flippin his hair all over. Drummer was formerly with Pat Travers Band. I love the Warrior guitars that Rick plays. He has been rockin for many years, and just seems to get better. Check out Blue Deluxe album. It is great.
I had to miss JOEFEST, but got to hear some highlights via cell phone.
Doyle kicks some major booty too. Got to meet him at Dallas Guitar show. Again such a gentleman. His guitarist, Mike handles that Strat real well.

RockinRon

Two kinds of women in this world. Theres naughty and there's nice
Any man will tell you that one is a virtue
And the other is a Vice.
Warren Haynes-Inside Outside Women Blues #3-By a Thread