Re: BCC @ 9:30 Club in D.C. 6/19/11

Thanks, jclark42796.  I certainly didn't intend to create any hostility, particularly with my first posting.

Different people like different things.  I just prefer JB's singing over Glenn's and if my ear hurts, I'm not enjoying the show as much.  Maybe my ears are more sensitive (NOT better) to loudness than others.

I REALLY enjoyed the show!  I thought they played great together.  Glenn was excellent on One Last Soul and Burn.  He has amazing energy, and keep in mind he's old enough to be JB's dad!  Impressive.

I think they'd have a better vocal sound if both of them sang together more often.  On the songs where they did that, it was a great mix.

I also was not aware of how the pre-show code worked.  Another band I like just has you join the online fan club.  I had no idea of how it worked for Bonamassa shows.

Not a troll (I'm 6'3"! )  smile  Just a guy with an opinion.

69RoadRunner wrote:

Thanks, jclark42796.  I certainly didn't intend to create any hostility, particularly with my first posting.

Different people like different things.  I just prefer JB's singing over Glenn's and if my ear hurts, I'm not enjoying the show as much.  Maybe my ears are more sensitive (NOT better) to loudness than others.

I REALLY enjoyed the show!  I thought they played great together.  Glenn was excellent on One Last Soul and Burn.  He has amazing energy, and keep in mind he's old enough to be JB's dad!  Impressive.

I think they'd have a better vocal sound if both of them sang together more often.  On the songs where they did that, it was a great mix.

I also was not aware of how the pre-show code worked.  Another band I like just has you join the online fan club.  I had no idea of how it worked for Bonamassa shows.

Not a troll (I'm 6'3"! )  smile  Just a guy with an opinion.

Hey, there is no hostility here in any way. Yes people do like different things. I was just pointing out that it was the first less than possitive thing I'd read. Not a crime by means!! Just your opinion and mine. I was indeed down in front so I have no idea what it sounded like up there. I generally avoid the upper levels of such places because usually something is lost sound wise and I always feel like I'm missing something.

No anger here my friend!! Still high on the BCC!!!

Forever Young wrote:

Hey, there is no hostility here in any way. Yes people do like different things. I was just pointing out that it was the first less than possitive thing I'd read. Not a crime by means!! Just your opinion and mine. I was indeed down in front so I have no idea what it sounded like up there. I generally avoid the upper levels of such places because usually something is lost sound wise and I always feel like I'm missing something.

No anger here my friend!! Still high on the BCC!!!

Cool!  I didn't get there early enough to be right at the stage, and my wife's back starts to bother her if she stands for long periods of time, so we went straight up to the balcony railing.

I sure am enjoying my shot ears. Nothing is too loud for me with 50% high frequency loss from military service. lol Scream on Glenn and crank the amps to 11! It's all good when the band is playing.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

I sure am enjoying my shot ears. Nothing is too loud for me with 50% high frequency loss from military service. lol Scream on Glenn and crank the amps to 11! It's all good when the band is playing.
Rick

Huh?? Did you say something Rick?

I hear ya!! Or do I??

Road runner, thanks for the John Henry video.  I must have been standing right next to you on the balcony.

43 (edited by can1208 2011-06-22 07:09:32)

Jane - Great review of the show, of course I'm still kicking myself about the whole situation as you know. Forever Young, buddy  - sorry I could not see you this time around...would've rocked with you as Jane mentioned in the review!!! If you are at the Hippo 11/11, we'll see you there for sure!!! Come hell or high water (ha ha...Highhhh Water Everywhere....) I will be there with a bunch of new Bonavirgins that we can most certainly drown in Joe's music....... lol  lol 

And...Joe will get his gold record as well, in due course........ wink  wink

100% Certified 'Bona-Nut'

don-PA wrote:

Road runner, thanks for the John Henry video.  I must have been standing right next to you on the balcony.

I'm about 6'3", 175 and 41 with an expanding forehead.  My wife was on my right.

When I get time, I'll YouTube a couple of other videos she did with her iPhone.  My iPhone 3Gs gets a lot more distortion than her 4G.

can1208 wrote:

Jane - Great review of the show, of course I'm still kicking myself about the whole situation as you know. Forever Young, buddy  - sorry I could not see you this time around...would've rocked with you as Jane mentioned in the review!!! If you are at the Hippo 11/11, we'll see you there for sure!!! Come hell or high water (ha ha...Highhhh Water Everywhere....) I will be there with a bunch of new Bonavirgins that we can most certainly drown in Joe's music....... lol  lol 

And...Joe will get his gold record as well, in due course........ wink  wink

Yeah man, we missed ya! Was looking for you. Flat out one of the greatest shows ever!! We will probably be in Baltimore on 11/11. We are going to be in Philly on the 12th as it's Kim's birthday night. But we'll likely snag a copuple tix just to be in the house the night before.

I was waiting for it and got it in spades! Wow Jane, I knew you'd be digging it and what a great report. So, so glad for all you out there to have the experience we left coasters got too. Rock and Roll Rides Again!
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

I was waiting for it and got it in spades! Wow Jane, I knew you'd be digging it and what a great report. So, so glad for all you out there to have the experience we left coasters got too. Rock and Roll Rides Again!
Rick

Yes it does Rick! rest assured the boys lost nothing since leaving the left coast. In fact they were even better on Sunday than they were on Saturday. Look out Europe, the level is rising!!!

Jane, I'd call that saying exactly what you meant. I understand exactly also! It exudes completely what transpired to you and through you!  And your pictures are gorgeous! Thanks. Ride The Great Divide and fly that flag. I'm going to tell all why the bird(s) are ravens. Ravens can sing, crows and vultures cannot! In our Iroquois lore, they are said to fly away singing our songs, telling our tales...like A Song Of Yesterday....
I can see your Spirit, child. Etched in blue on your soul...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

49 (edited by David A. 2011-06-22 14:10:35)

Rock and Roll is alive and well thanks to BCC!!!  What a revival of pure unadulterated rock.  The CDs are great but seeing them live at the 9:30 club was a treat. 

It was not a sell out by any means, so the club has the ability to move the stage up and make it seem to be packed.  However those in attendance which was 500 - 700 was really into it and they were loud!  The sound was great, Warren does such a fantastic job and ensuring the right mix for any venue, he is the best.  It was loud for sure and on certain notes Glenn voice would be a bit piercing but that was on the floor standing with sista Jane.  After about 5 songs, I went upstairs on the balcony where my wife and son was and had no problems.  There really is not a bad spot in the place.  Kind of reminds me of the venues that Joe was playing several years ago before the theatres. It was interesting to watch the crowd from up there and a lot of head banging, dancing, hooting and hollering going on!!!

Really nice to meet the band at the M&G, especially Jason.  We got to chatting about the Led Zeppelin reunion show at the O2 and got him to sign my ticket stub and hardback program which he hadn't seen before.  Glenn was kind of busy on the phone but did get to say hello, Joe was gracious as ever.  Got a bite to eat after that and Joe comes over as well, got to chat some more with him.  There was a couple sitting next to us and the girl got so excited that Joe was coming in.  She wanted to get a picture with him but was too shy to go over, so I took her over and introduced her, but she was so star struck she couldn't hardly speak, it was priceless. After Joe ate, he came over and I took a picture of them together, made her day for sure!!!

It was really nice seeing a lot of Bona buddies again, like Jane, Jim Clark, Roy (Vortex), Bob (Taurus), Don and Jocelyn.  Nice meeting Jane's long time friend, she was very sweet... 

Look forward to seeing BCC again in 2012, hopefully.  Already got tickets for three different Joe shows this fall... Rock on...

Music is good for the Soul...

50 (edited by GAZA 2011-06-22 20:54:47)

so the dvd taping did not take place?

who needs it, with that great footage.

GAZA wrote:

Did not see any cameras rolling...

Jane H. wrote:

yeah David, Marci is definitely one of the most awesome people I ever met and the best company anytime anywhere any situation. i figured it out, instead of saying how many years we've been friends its just about 2/3 of our lives. if not for the cold iron shackles and ball with chain she'd be at every show.

anyway man i have been checking out some vids. i think maybe i need to get out of my Joe zone next time, cool from the other angle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jsmOeq_iR4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T7uCEai7ds

thank you thank you thank you all tapers!!!!!

HOT!!!!!!!!

Here you go Sista Jane...  a little teaser in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crSseSUcTmg

53 (edited by Rocket 2011-06-23 00:19:06)

GAZA wrote:

who needs it, with that great footage.

"The DVD taping"? Where did the idea of DVD taping in D.C. come from? It is going to be in Germany has been the story all along, I thought.  Was there any signage on the venue exterior?

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Quote from Caveman on Facebook.
Back in L.A. from Australia - straight into my studio to rattle off a coupla Cold Chisel mixes, then it's off to Milan Friday to prep BCC for a live DVD/CD we're filming in Germany next week - come on out and be heard!!!
Listening to the new John Hiatt album "Dirty Keans and Mudslide Hymns"- man, I love this record so much!