1 (edited by TieDyeVikki 2011-03-13 04:17:57)

Topic: BCC @ 9:30 Club in D.C. 6/19/11

The trend seems to be to start these pre-show planning threads here in the Reviews & Setlists sections, so I'm following suit.  Mods, if you think it should be moved to General Topics, please do so.  Anyway.........

Thanks to Forever Young for the heads-up in the BCC tour dates thread about these June 19th D.C. tickets being on sale already.  A few days ago I noticed the "on sale to general public" date of 5/5, and I was happy to wait, due to funds.  The show is not yet appearing on the 9:30 Club's site or TicketFly's 9:30 Club page, but on BCC's tour page the "buy tickets" link takes you directly to the event listing... http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/33005.  Kinda like BCC's own little presale, albeit a very early one, and unannounced by email (I'm on their list) or news page.  Kinda makes me half wonder if it's a mistake... but oh well.

As for the show's start time... the 9:30 Club's F.A.Q. page says: "The time listed on your ticket and on the purchase page of the website is the door time, not the show time."  In this case that's 7:00 as Jane noted in the other thread.  BCC's tour page says showtime is 8:00.

Next, regarding the parking... the 9:30 Club's F.A.Q. page says their lot is $15 night of show, so I guess the $12 advance price on the ticketing page is a "bargain" (edit: Or I guess not, with a $4.75 service fee added onto it!).  My question is, what other parking options are around?  I normally go the cheap route and look for street parking, but I don't know what's available nearby or what kind of neighborhood that is.  Hopefully somebody who is familiar with that area can answer this.  I kinda need to know before I make my ticket purchase.

As Jane noted in the other thread, their parking lot opens only 1 hour before, but that's before doortime (7:00), not showtime (apparently 8:00), so we'd still have plenty of time to hang out together before the show and grab a bit to eat.  They have a menu, but apparently no seating, so I'm a little confused there... ???... maybe somebody who's been to the 9:30 Club before can shed some light on the dining situation.

My brother surprised me tonight and said he'd go with me for this one.  I say surprised because he's not really a Joe fan.  However he's a Zep fan, so his crowd is tuned in to Jason's projects and I think they've gotten him psyched up for this, plus he wants to meet up with some online friends there.  He likes the whole classic hard rock genre, and I know he was impressed with Glenn's vocals in those BCC debut videos, so he should dig the show.  Who knows, he may even get converted into a Joe fan!  wink

--Vik cool

Re: BCC @ 9:30 Club in D.C. 6/19/11

Jane H. wrote:

Thanks for the info. I personally don't know much about the venue but can find out from friends and will post here when i do.
Glad  on the timing if i read what you said correctly. I had emailed the venue last week and they told me to sign up for email list to get the info when tix go on sale...and i found out here, well from Vortex phone call.

Can't wait for this show and seriously can't wait for the next cd. hope to get those tunes before this show.....
i really think this is historic rock **##. i'm loving it like it is anyway.......
big_smile   big_smile    big_smile   big_smile   big_smile    big_smile

Jane, I'm not sure you read it right. The tickets are on sale now. I posted the link in the other thread in GT. I wouldn't wait until May. I grabbed mine on Saturday.

Jane H. wrote:

from a friend
"I've been to the 9:30 club. If they serve food I've never seen it, probably best
to eat somewhere else. It's standing room only unless you get in line early
enough to grab the few seats on the upper level. Parking sucks, we parked on the
street and walked about 3 blocks but the neighborhood isn't very good so I'd
advise you not walking alone and not leave anything that could be stolen inside
your car.

The sound system is good, the ground floor open area is large and there's
several bars. The upper level does have a small seating area with a bar and
there's steps to sit on but you can't see the stage from the steps. "

Gee, that sounds like old Winterland in San Francisco. yikes I paid a guy to watch my car in a private lot and he only stole my radio.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Hey, just a heads-up!  I don't know if this "presale" is about to end, or just what, but when I refresh this ticketing page http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/33005 , it keeps alternating between the normal purchase page and a message saying "Tickets for this event are no longer available from Ticketfly."  I was on there viewing it last night and all was fine, now today this keeps happening, so I'm wondering if maybe their system is in the process of removing it from presale or something.  In which case you'd have to wait til the May 5th public sale date.  The 9:30 Club's box office had no answers for me (only that THEY weren't selling them THERE yet), and the Ticketfly rep had no idea either because the purchase page was appearing fine for him.  Anyway, I figured this was a sign that I'd procrastinated long enough (but hey, I managed to delay for yet another credit card billing cycle!) and I just grabbed mine, as soon as I got the purchase page to reappear (and now it's gone again, at the moment anyway).  See you at the show!  big_smile

--Vik cool

FWIW, I was AT the 9:30 Club box office last week for another show and asked about buying a ticket and the woman there said she didn't even SEE it on their calendar, and said if anyone had purchased tickets that it must have been through some sort of fanclub presale. 

Should we worry?

9:30 would not have been my first choice for this type of show, but better than a theater.  It's sort of a large cavernous warehouse type of deal, two stories with a big open floor and a large balcony around 3 sides of the second floor.  They do have food available, nothing to write home about but edible.  Be prepared to pay $7.00 for even domestic drafts/bottles OUCH!

But it's probably cheaper than driving to NY with gas approaching $4.00/gallon with no end in sight.

Hope to see y'all there.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

CarljMD wrote:

Should we worry?

Don't worry, be happy wink  The show is listed on their website under "Coming Soon" with a show date of 6/19 so perhaps the woman didn't check there.  I have tickets in hand so it better be on!  smile

jclark42796 wrote:
CarljMD wrote:

Should we worry?

Don't worry, be happy wink  The show is listed on their website under "Coming Soon" with a show date of 6/19 so perhaps the woman didn't check there.  I have tickets in hand so it better be on!  smile

I ordered tickets a couple of weeks ago, haven't received them as yet.  But we will be there!!!

Music is good for the Soul...

Ordered my tickets when the presale started on March 12. I received them about 2 weeks ago and can't wait for the show.

David A. wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:
CarljMD wrote:

Should we worry?

I ordered tickets a couple of weeks ago, haven't received them as yet.  But we will be there!!!

Yeah, received in the mail our tickets!!!

pay for the 9:30 club parking lot.

Boy, I hadn't visited the forum in 5 weeks, but I wanted to touch base with people before this Sunday's BCC show in D.C., and I came here expecting this thread to be active with pre-show meet-up plans or at least a final rollcall or something.  What's up, people?! tongue

My brother and I will be there.  We paid for the parking lot.  Is there a pre-show meet-up anywhere, and is it within walking distance of the venue's parking lot?  Or are we just meeting at doortime and hanging at the venue?  According to their website, they serve some food, but have no tables/chairs.  I've never been to this venue and I'm not at all familiar with the area, so I'm open to suggestions.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to Sunday! smile

--Vik cool

TieDyeVikki wrote:

Boy, I hadn't visited the forum in 5 weeks, but I wanted to touch base with people before this Sunday's BCC show in D.C., and I came here expecting this thread to be active with pre-show meet-up plans or at least a final rollcall or something.  What's up, people?! tongue

My brother and I will be there.  We paid for the parking lot.  Is there a pre-show meet-up anywhere, and is it within walking distance of the venue's parking lot?  Or are we just meeting at doortime and hanging at the venue?  According to their website, they serve some food, but have no tables/chairs.  I've never been to this venue and I'm not at all familiar with the area, so I'm open to suggestions.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to Sunday! smile

--Vik cool

Hi Vik, we will be there, probably be taking a taxi from our hotel. Not sure of the surrounding area...

I plan on getting there around 6 p.m. or so.  Not sure if I want to park at a Metro Station and take a train in from Virginia (that's gonna be a pain in the **** because of having to transfer,) or just parking as close to the venue as I can and then walking.

Jane H. wrote:

yeah its not the best neighborhood. i plan to hang at venue before doors at 7.
called them yesterday, thought the parking lot was open before 6 when it is guarded. they said its the howard u lot and if you park there before its officialy 930 club lot at 6 you risk being towed.
they couldn't confirm 8 pm set time but they post that on website as soon as they know it

The FAQ on their website says the parking lot opens one hour before the doors.  The concert is at 8, doors at 7, so parking should be 6.

What to do, what to do...

Me, my buddy Tate and brother Jon(bonavirgin) will be there 6ish, I have 930 club parking.  Just look for the "short fat irishman" (Tate's words), hobbling around ( recovering from a torn achilles) and two guys that look nothing like brothers big_smile.

Jim

More and more I think I'll do the 9:30 Club parking lot deal.  Metro is gonna be a pain, and who knows how close to the venue I'll be able to find safe parking.I'll probably be there around 5:30, hovering.  :-D

Hex Omega wrote:

More and more I think I'll do the 9:30 Club parking lot deal.  Metro is gonna be a pain, and who knows how close to the venue I'll be able to find safe parking.I'll probably be there around 5:30, hovering.  :-D

HexOmega:  As of a few days ago, parking was listed sold out on their website, it's a pretty small lot.  There is adequate street parking less than a block or two away if you get there an hour or two before showtime.  I was surprised that tickets weren't sold out but I was able to request 10 tix a few days ago.

I have an extra available that I'd sell for 80% or so if anyone wants to save a few bucks and not pay TicketBa$tard fees.  Drop me an email or find me in the Bonamasses.

Enjoy the show!

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Hope to be there 6:00 PM when the parking lot opens. There will be my nephew and myself coming from Richmond.