Re: Reading 3-23

For the headcount, I am a party of ONE.

Again, I have room in my car (a Subaru Outback wagon) for 3 or 4 more people, if anybody needs a ride from the Harrisburg area, returning the same night.  I'd be more than happy to help someone out, just speak up.  I'll probably want to be on the road by like 4:00.

For the meet-up time, I'd definitely suggest 5:30 or maybe even 5:00, even if some people don't trickle in til 6:00 or later.  It takes a while for that many people to get their sh!t together and order food, and we want to allow plenty of time for socializing, and some may be trying to squeeze in a meet & greet too.  I'm afraid if we don't even ATTEMPT to start til 6:00, we'll be way too rushed.  8:00 rolls around fast.

--Vik cool

20 (edited by can1208 2011-03-11 06:53:40)

TieDyeVikki wrote:

For the meet-up time, I'd definitely suggest 5:30 or maybe even 5:00, even if some people don't trickle in til 6:00 or later.  It takes a while for that many people to get their sh!t together and order food, and we want to allow plenty of time for socializing, and some may be trying to squeeze in a meet & greet too.  I'm afraid if we don't even ATTEMPT to start til 6:00, we'll be way too rushed.  8:00 rolls around fast.

--Vik cool

Vik - I intend to leave work at 2:30, and it takes approx. 2+ hours for us Marylanders to get to Reading. It appears many people are leaving early. I have no problem setting the reservations to 5:00, if everyone else is game. Like other newbies, 'when you wish upon a star' comes to mind for M&G...we're still hoping and praying to get 'Bona-baptized', if you will. Like 'amsterhammer' suggests, we'll stick with the veteran groupies to get a glimpse. Regardless, I know all of us will have an epiphany at the end of the show.

I've mentioned to some people on this forum - I faded away from the blues/rock scene for many years because I could not find any new material that I liked, so I gravitated towards jazz and other vocal/adult contemporary stuff. I was always looking for that perfect guitar tone...I am not a guitar player, but I have a thing for good rock and blues and I had this tone thing in my head. When I stumbled upon the RAH show excerpted on Palladia in January and rushed out to buy the DVD, I knew I had found it - 'So Many Roads' (live take) convinced me first, and then the rest of the repertoire. Consequently, in the past two months, I've bought most all of the other CDs and DVDs etc.. and am constantly listening to catch up and form my own impressions.  big_smile

- Manoj

100% Certified 'Bona-Nut'

You may want to be careful referring to Cathy and Jane as "veteran groupies"....  lol

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Amsterhammer wrote:

You may want to be careful referring to Cathy and Jane as "veteran groupies"....  lol

lol I guess I'll have to wait to get 'bashed up' in Reading  lol

Count me and another for the pre-show. I may have missed it but where are we meeting up?

Vikki, that was very cool of Rick to hook you up like that! He is a great guy for sure.

24 (edited by can1208 2011-03-11 15:26:06)

Forever Young wrote:

Count me and another for the pre-show. I may have missed it but where are we meeting up?

Vikki, that was very cool of Rick to hook you up like that! He is a great guy for sure.

I will take a final headcount next Tues 8 AM and let everyone know the venue next Tue/Wed once I make the reservations. There are 3-4 decent places within walking distance of the venue....and by walking, I mean 3 blocks at most...provided no one is 'too happy' after their dinners... lol

- Manoj

I'm in! Just tell me when and where. A gathering of Bonabuddies makes for a perfect pre-show ramp up! I'm so excited for all the Bonavirgins. Prepare to be changed forever, in a good way, but be forewarned, the addiction is incurable  wink   Cathy

Great, thanks for doing this Manoj!

- Paul

"It's really liberating to not know you can't do something." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
My photos: http://chemicalgraphics.smugmug.com/

PaulyT wrote:

Great, thanks for doing this Manoj!

Hey Paul...looks like the both of us are getting up too early on weekends......'Bona-fever' comes to mind....and Cathy...I'm waiting to get Bona-addicted...I'm already addicted to his music, now it's showtime... lol

The ticketmaster russian roulette strikes again. For those of you that want a *single* seat only, Row A is now available. For 2 or more seats, Row F right is available. I'm tired of playing TM games, and will stick with G where we are...... mad

Jane, I'm impressed that you know what a buckeyball is.  cool

I'm working on the babysitter thing so I can leave in the early afternoon. Fortunately my work schedule is pretty flexible so that part's not a problem. I'd rather get there early and have a few hours to hang about idly than be stuck in traffic somewhere. At least we probably don't have to worry about snow!  roll Dunno if there's much to see in Reading, but at the minimum I can wander around and "warm up" my camera on whatever I can find...

- Paul

"It's really liberating to not know you can't do something." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
My photos: http://chemicalgraphics.smugmug.com/

30 (edited by Hombre 2011-03-14 19:19:24)

My wife Gale & I will be there with four of our friends, a total of six in our party. We will probably all be arriving at different times. Come on March 23rd! smile

Tim

31 (edited by can1208 2011-03-15 07:55:22)

OK, so I have the following headcount:

Hombre - 6
Paul - 2
Vik - 1
Forever Young - 2
Cathy/Ang/Jane - 3
Moi - 2
Total - 16

I will make reservations and post details later today or tomorrow. 5:30 chow time (M&G is at 4:30 for those that got lucky big_smile ). That gives us 2 hours for chow/drinks/chat and leisurely stroll to the venue @7:30. I will include parking details for those interested.

***Please try to get there by 5:30 so the restaurant does not throw a fit about people not showing up... big_smile

Reading here we come!!! - Manoj

Sorry, I guess we came upon this conversation too late... we are going to the Reading show, but we haven't worked out the logistics as far as leaving work early, etc. so we're still not sure exactly when we're going to arrive. If we get there in time, we'll try to stop by and say hello to everyone, and maybe even sit in and have a drink or a bite if there's room. Otherwise, we'll see you at the show!

HEAR YE, HEAR YE...........Reservations are made for the 'gang' at Judys On Cherry, 5:30 PM (+/-15 minutes is OK).

Directions, menus, photos, and cafe address can be found here: http://judysoncherry.com

Judy's is approx. 3 blocks walking distance from Sovereign PAC. This is a casual hearth fired Euro cafe. On Wednesdays, they have a '$29 for two' pizza special - two gourmet pizzas, salads, and a carafe of wine. Or a Three-Course 'Prix Fixe' Dinner Menu from 5 to 6 pm. It includes salad, choice of entrée, dessert & glass of wine for $19.95 per person. Or whatever your preference from the menu.

Parking for the venue is available as follows: http://www.readingparking.com/MapEnlarge.htm  - This provides a nice layout for the land so no one is confused. Park as you feel convenient. Most of the parking garages in the area charge between $9 and $12 for event parking. I'll be in garage 13 (just to prove it's not unlucky)... wink

Judy's is diagonally across Parking Lot 6 on the map above between 3rd and 4th streets.

The venue (Sovereign PAC) is directly across Parking Lot 14 on the map above (not to be confused with Sovereign Center on Penn Street).

Reservations are in my name (Manoj). I will come in around 5:30, I was one of the lucky newbies to get in on M&G @4:30...I will bow to 'The Man'....

If anyone would like to exchange cell phone numbers, please PM me. I'm looking forward to meet everybody, and I'm already pumped up for the event. Time to get 'Bona-baptized' is near   big_smile

Awesome!!!

See you all there!!!

We will be at the M&G as well before heading over to the preshow meet-up.

Hey Jane,
Thanks for tossing my name in and can1208 thanks for counting me in and your efforts!    smile

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

36 (edited by can1208 2011-03-16 09:49:48)

Angela wrote:

Hey Jane,
Thanks for tossing my name in and can1208 thanks for counting me in and your efforts!    smile

Glad to help in any way - it is going to be very refreshing to meet all the diehards and the newbies as well for the first time and have you recount all your experiences!

We need to plan properly for Baltimore if the gang will come out for that one as well!!! Now if my Dust Bowl just arrived, I'd be in heaven..... roll