Topic: Reading 3-23

Is anyone planning a pre show get together?

Re: Reading 3-23

We'd sorta talked about meeting for dinner or something, but AFAIK no formal pre-show plans.

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16247

- Paul

"It's really liberating to not know you can't do something." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
My photos: http://chemicalgraphics.smugmug.com/

I have been looking into a good location to do just that.

Someplace close with decent bar food and drinks. I'm not real familair with Reading so if anyone knows better, I'm all eyes/ears. If nobody really knows then we'll just pick a local place and roll with it.

4 (edited by can1208 2011-03-08 13:58:10)

Please look at Post #26 in the thread Paul linked to.....we're Marylanders so we don't have much familiarity with Reading. There are 2-3 places I looked at online, that were linked on the venue (Sovereign Perf Arts Center) website, so we can roll with the dice on any.

I'd like to suggest we make reservations, since I'm sure most local watering holes will be full prior to the show.

Eventually if there is a M&G we'll have to accomodate that in as well..... big_smile Still wishing/waiting....

100% Certified 'Bona-Nut'

I will be heading in from Jersey, and have no idea what is in Reading......so I will just go with any suggestions that anyone here has!!!!

It makes me sick, since Reading is only about an hour from me and so many posters are going to be there, but I think I'm going to have to miss this show.  Last time Joe came around (Wilkes-Barre 11/17), I'd splurged and bought a pair of expensive seats for me and my taper friend, and THIS show went on sale before THAT one even happened, so I decided to be sensible at the time and hold off on this purchase.  In the meantime my financial situation has done nothing but get worse.  I think I've come to the conclusion that I can't afford Joe's shows anymore, or not very often anyway.  That's partly a reflection on my poverty and partly a reflection on Joe's new ticket prices... groan to both. roll

If I can figure out a way to do it, I'll post and let ya'll know, and I'll make sure I make it up to Reading early enough to meet everyone and hang out this time (was running late for Wilkes-Barre roll ).  But it's not looking good for me.  Oh well. hmm

I should be able to help you guys out with pre-show meet-up suggestions in Reading because I've been to the Sovereign PAC numerous times, but for some reason I can NEVER remember the bars/restaurants nearby... it's become like a running joke for me.  I just scanned through some old Machine reviews to refresh my memory but it didn't help much.  Somebody said there's not really anything on that street, and the Peanut Bar was mentioned... I think I've been there, but I don't have much memory of the place, sorry.  Here's a link to the venue's page of nearby places...
http://www.sovereigncenter.com/udp.php?id=84

One more thing: Be aware there's the "Sovereign Center" and the "Sovereign Performing Arts Center" and they are located several blocks apart.  This show is at the PAC located at 136 N. 6th St, although it might actually be best to use the address of the parking garage you're using instead.  You might want to allow some time to study the venue's driving/parking directions page because it's very confusing... they're giving you directions to 2 different venues and several different parking garages using 2 alternative exits... I guess they've organized it the best they can, but it's kind of a mess, lol...
http://www.sovereigncenter.com/udp.php?id=35
I always find it helpful to take along a printout of this parking map... wink
http://www.prosportsmedia.com/sovereign … ge_Map.pdf

Everybody have fun!  The Sovereign PAC is a real nice venue.  smile

--Vik cool

Thanks for the info! And sorry if you can't make it.

- Paul

"It's really liberating to not know you can't do something." - Stevie Ray Vaughan

OK Jane. Time to tell work you're leaving half day!!! I'm sorry I haven't had time to say Howdy to my fellow Maryland fans who have recently joined. I'm excited to meet everybody before the show. Time is flying!!!  Then we plan for the Hippodrome!!!   Cathy

9 (edited by TieDyeVikki 2011-03-09 22:02:28)

Well I'm sitting here with a goofy stunned smile on my face and a printed e-ticket in my hand, thanks to the kindness of RickB.  Except HE says the thanks should go to JOE, because he was only paying forward what Joe did for him recently.  I'd say the thanks goes to BOTH of them, and I am extremely grateful.  What a great little community we have here.  cool

As I told Rick, I will enjoy this show enough for the both of us.  And I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to meeting and hanging with all of you.  I won't be late this time, promise! tongue   What time is everyone getting into town?  And did anyone decide on a meet-up spot yet?  I THINK the Peanut Bar is one of the closest places, but I'm not sure.  Just tell me when & where!  smile

I know a bunch of people posted in Pauly's intro thread already, but could we get another rollcall here?

Also, if anyone needs a ride from the Harrisburg area, I'll have plenty of room in my car.  I'll be driving home that night.

--Vik cool

TieDyeVikki wrote:

Well I'm sitting here with a goofy stunned smile on my face and a printed e-ticket in my hand, thanks to the kindness of RickB.  Except HE says the thanks should go to JOE, because he was only paying forward what Joe did for him recently.  I'd say the thanks goes to BOTH of them, and I am extremely grateful.  What a great little community we have here.  cool

As I told Rick, I will enjoy this show enough for the both of us.  And I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to meeting and hanging with all of you.  I won't be late this time, promise! tongue   What time is everyone getting into town?  And did anyone decide on a meet-up spot yet?  I THINK the Peanut Bar is one of the closest places, but I'm not sure.  Just tell me when & where!  smile

I know a bunch of people posted in Pauly's intro thread already, but could we get another rollcall here?

Also, if anyone needs a ride from the Harrisburg area, I'll have plenty of room in my car.  I'll be driving home that night.

--Vik cool

Very cool for you Vik. I'm sure that goofy stunned look will be replaced by a throughly satisfing smile at the show.
Above and beyond the call, Rick.

11 (edited by Hombre 2011-03-10 07:28:09)

Thats great news Vik, my wife & I really enjoyed meeting you last year at Harrisburg. Thats a very kind thing you did Rick, you are a real good guy. smile 

TieDyeVikki wrote:

--Vik cool

12 (edited by can1208 2011-03-10 07:16:33)

Hombre wrote:

Is anyone planning a pre show get together?

Folks -

Sorry I've been a little held up. I'm waiting for some related info, and will make reservations at one of the restaurants/bars that I'd posted and that others have suggested as well. Looking forward to meet many of you. I will do the reservations/block hold sometime next week. Many of us will be driving long distances to be at this venue (but not as long as other diehards, I'm sure...).

In the meanwhile, can we have a roll call for all who'd like to attend? Please indicate the number of people as well so there's a decent headcount for reservations (let's stick to this thread). I would suggest a 5:30 or 6:00 meet time, so we can have a leisurely dinner, chat some and do personal intros, and then mosey over to the venue for the 'Two minutes to Midnight' call @7:58!!!

***RickB, kudos - great gesture to 'pay it forward' on your part!***

Manoj

I hope you & Jane can both make it, Gale & I are looking forward to seeing you again.

cathysiler wrote:

OK Jane. Time to tell work you're leaving half day!!! I'm sorry I haven't had time to say Howdy to my fellow Maryland fans who have recently joined. I'm excited to meet everybody before the show. Time is flying!!!  Then we plan for the Hippodrome!!!   Cathy

My wife and I are coming.

- Paul

Has anyone heard about M&G for this show? I've e-mailed Alexis a couple of times, but haven't heard back yet one way or another, and I'm trying not to make a pest of myself. Dunno if he's working on the M&G list for this date yet...

- Paul

I was supposed to be physically present for this show, but due to various unfortunate reasons, I shall only be present in spirit and on the end of Cathy's phone. I'll be calling in to say hi before the show, and maybe during the show too, if I can stay awake.

As far as the M&G goes, I would suggest that the newbies stick close to Cathy and Jane, both of whom are well known to Joe's entourage.  wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

17 (edited by can1208 2011-03-10 08:23:51)

cathysiler wrote:

Time is flying!!!  Then we plan for the Hippodrome!!!   Cathy

Yes....now Joe's in our neck of the woods.......let's plan on some good seats, and let's plan well. Besides 11/11 is a holiday for many (Veterans Day) and a Friday, so a good time can be had by many. As a newbie, I cannot wait for Reading....having seen snippets from this tour so far, I have no doubt. Then it is on to Zurich (I have tickets, but unknown if I will go yet due to my friend's schedule there), and definitely Baltimore. - Manoj

Sorry you can't make it George, you will be missed. sad

Amsterhammer wrote:

I was supposed to be physically present for this show, but due to various unfortunate reasons, I shall only be present in spirit and on the end of Cathy's phone. I'll be calling in to say hi before the show, and maybe during the show too, if I can stay awake.

As far as the M&G goes, I would suggest that the newbies stick close to Cathy and Jane, both of whom are well known to Joe's entourage.  wink