Re: Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul Registry

SN #10101507774

Date of manufacture 10/10

tdylan

bishop, ca

146 (edited by 56Bluesboy 2012-04-24 19:07:01)

Hello from Omaha Nebraska folks.

I'm a newbie to the board, but on April 21st, #1107507853 came home with me as the very happy new owner.

I was set to buy a Gibson Custom Classic LP for a decent workhorse LP, but after trying this particular Epi JB, at my favorite local Gibson dealer, I forgot about ordering the Gibson CC, which wasn't in stock, because The JB blew me away! I got lucky with mine, no issues whatsoever beyond a couple of very tiny noogies. Heck, it doesn't even need any fret leveling and dressing work done. Great value for the money.

By the way, Mr. Bonamassa will be hitting Omaha for a show here in the very near future.

I now have 2.

My first one (which was my new favourite guitar) was in its case on its side, and fell from its side onto it's front. I open the case and the headstock is snapped clean off. That one is Serial Number: 11081506315, still currently broken, but it's scratch plate is signed by joe himself big_smile (met him at brighton)

I have received a new one in the last couple of weeks, that actually plays even better than the previous one! Ill be a lot more careful with this one, but it seems to me like its an issue with the included case, as my other les paul in a standard epiphone case has fallen before twice from a standing position, and is fine.

I think ill keep this JB les paul in the standard epiphone case now.

This new one is serial number: 11081511016

Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul Ltd Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Marshall AVT150 w/4x12
Vox VT30, Dunlop Crybaby 535q

I went through 3 before I got one that was't broke in shipping,but I sure like my unbroken one.

toddlewam wrote:

I now have 2.

My first one (which was my new favourite guitar) was in its case on its side, and fell from its side onto it's front. I open the case and the headstock is snapped clean off. That one is Serial Number: 11081506315, still currently broken, but it's scratch plate is signed by joe himself big_smile (met him at brighton)

I have received a new one in the last couple of weeks, that actually plays even better than the previous one! Ill be a lot more careful with this one, but it seems to me like its an issue with the included case, as my other les paul in a standard epiphone case has fallen before twice from a standing position, and is fine.

I think ill keep this JB les paul in the standard epiphone case now.

This new one is serial number: 11081511016

SN# 11081506314

Bought from Ken Stanton Music in Alpharetta GA on 5/17/2012

Hi guys newbee here from London UK'  I've just scored a 'used' but MINT! 2010 model, serial Number.... 10101514711

SN# 11081506508

Belgium

Got mine today with 0 issues.
serial#  11071508946

I love my JoBo!!!!

Owner: DesTheKingOfTawny

S/N: 11071507516

Quality Issues: None

MFG Date: Not Available.

Hi I have one and love it too. Welcome to the forum, why not tell us about yourself, how long have you played, where you discovered Joe etc.... big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Yep, it's great to see the second run has been so popular.  Great guitars!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Owner: GGM1903
S/N: 11091506818
Mfg Date: Unknown
Quality Issues: Maybe, see below

Hi, took delivery today after winning it from Planet Rock smile  Lovely piece of stuff. 

I'm not a guitarist (yet - going to learn) so don't have the ear to pick up on any sound issues as such and don't have any technical knowledge. 
1) Cosmetically, there is some damage to one of the volume knobs which has broken inside and can slide off with little pull.  Nothing to major but will probably replace myself. 
2) Not sure about this one, could be something or nothing, probably nothing - the neck pickup wobbles when pressed while the bridge pickup is solid.  It also appears to be pushed into the body more.  Is it normal to have movement?  Apologies if this is a daft question.  (See video)
3) Buzzing on the 6th string after playing an open note and slightly on 5th string.  The vibration of the string causes it to hit the fret.  Is this something that needs some setup?  (See video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph6l9DLMChU

GGM1903 wrote:

Owner: GGM1903
S/N: 11091506818
Mfg Date: Unknown
Quality Issues: Maybe, see below

3) Buzzing on the 6th string after playing an open note and slightly on 5th string.  The vibration of the string causes it to hit the fret.  Is this something that needs some setup?

I always have a new guitar looked at by a qualified tech.  My Epi JBLP was part of the first run, and was set up at Gibson Nashville (I'm assuming they're still doing it this way).  Felt good to me right out of the case, but I took it to the Gibson/Epiphone dealer in Omaha and had them give it the once-over. They said there was nothing they thought needed adjusting (they were a little surprised at this), and didn't even charge me for the inspection...

Every guitar is different.  There's no "usual" when it comes to things like this...

Enjoy the JBLP, though...it's an awesome player!

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

When mine came there was no neck relief and the truss rod needed a loosen. Look down the neck from the main body and if it appears to dip down towards the head (as mine did causing some fret buzz) it needs loosening. Get a tech to look at it f you are not sure. A set up is about £40 with new strings. It is worth it. Then learn and love it. It is a truly great guitar.

Cheers guys...will get it looked at and setup properly.  Enjoying it already...'Just Got Paid' is in the bag! well the first few notes anyway.

Owner: jbpoland
S/N: #11071508314
Mfg Date: ?
Quality Issues: none

There was a line in the JB interview in Classic Rock's new Blues magazine where he mentioned something like '5000 kids playing along on the signature Epiphone'.  Nice to referred to as a kid again wink  Does anyone know if that would be all that will be released/in circulation or if batches are still being made?

Who knows it was so successful the original limited run just gets less and less limited. Not surprised it is an awesome piece of kit.