Re: Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul Registry

Owner: augustas_guitars
S/N: 10101507842
Mfg Date: no date on the warranty card
Quality Issues: none

I absolutely love this guitar. I purchased this one on e-bay but still in the original box from Epiphone. I've been a luthier for 30 years & I'm an avid Les Paul fan. I've owned a lot of Les Pauls over the years. I've gone over this guitar inside & out and I am very impressed with all that I see. I currently own a dozen Gibson Les Pauls & still pick this one up to play it far more often than the Gibsons. The deep neck joint, fat neck profile, heavy weight, killer tone, playability, & sustain of this guitar make it one of my favorite guitars in my collection. Being a luthier, almost every factory guitar I buy needs at least some modifications or upgrades to meet my standards. Not this one. All I've done to it is change to my preferred string gauge & set it up to my taste. I would put this guitar up against any USA Gibson I've played and it would hold up to the test.

110 (edited by Clapton60 2011-08-09 09:24:14)

Hello guys, I join with my JB Signature LP Goldtop just arrived.

Serial number: 10111507800

Mario Genova Italy

My LP does not have flaws, but I've seen others with a lot of stained rosewood. Mine is only to clean.

I read about broken necks, I have to check some specific point of the guitar?

I love this guitar sounds so wonderful and that's what I expected, a love of Les Paul !!!!!

Thanks Joe and thanks Epiphone!

Sorry for my English but it is the result of 'Italian translated with Google

Clapton60 wrote:

Hello guys, I join with my JB Signature LP Goldtop just arrived.

Serial number: 10111507800

Mario Genova Italy

My LP does not have flaws, but I've seen others with a lot of stained rosewood. Mine is only to clean.

I read about broken necks, I have to check some specific point of the guitar?

I love this guitar sounds so wonderful and that's what I expected, a love of Les Paul !!!!!

Thanks Joe and thanks Epiphone!

Sorry for my English but it is the result of 'Italian translated with Google

It translates excellent, Mario! I believe most people had either completely broken necks or head stocks.  Thanks, and enjoy your EPI LP, they are quite nice.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Owner: kcretro
S/N: 10101508435
Mfg Date: ?
Quality Issues: none

113 (edited by Space 2011-11-03 15:38:41)

Owner: Dave Schrier
S/N: 11071509365
Date of Manufacture: 10/22/2011 (yes, that what it says)
Exeter, NH USA
Arrived: Flawless. Came with nice booklet with picture of Joe and hand signed certificate.

Thanks again Joe  big_smile

I think the new dates may reflect a 2nd run to replace all of the broken ones.  And maybe sneak in a few more . . .

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Registry updated. I'd be interested to hear from bwgintegra and ckretro who are both claiming ownership of #10101508435. Has it been sold on?

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Owner: Das Vagabund
S/N: 11071507725
Manufacture Date: unknown

just arrived today and still checkin it out... haven't noticed anything wrong thus far except possibly needing the bridge and tailpiece replaced aftermarket.  tends to detune a tad but it may just be the strings... i have no idea what type or brand they are.  i usually play GHS Boomers or Blue Steels.  but all that can wait til it settles in and gets used to me.

I guess I should register as some of you seem to want to keep track of them. S/N: 10101507785. Had it for quite a while, last Nov maybe or was it Jan when they came out? I know it was a very early issue. Nut sticks a bit on high E string, very good otherwise.

I'm going to see Joe in 3 days, 11/25, in Clearwater. How hard is it to waylay him between the bus and the hall to get him to sign the guitar. What is the best type of pen to use to sign the back so it shows and stays on?

anykeys wrote:

I guess I should register as some of you seem to want to keep track of them. S/N: 10101507785. Had it for quite a while, last Nov maybe or was it Jan when they came out? I know it was a very early issue. Nut sticks a bit on high E string, very good otherwise.

I'm going to see Joe in 3 days, 11/25, in Clearwater. How hard is it to waylay him between the bus and the hall to get him to sign the guitar. What is the best type of pen to use to sign the back so it shows and stays on?

Don't know about how hard to meet him at the bus. I was fortunate to be at a meet & greet in Richmond. Have had success in the past at the bus and you may have to wait a bit after the show. Had Joe sign the back of the head on mine and also the case. Thought the back of the head would be touched the least. Silver sharpie for the guitar and black for the case. Both look great and are certainly treasured.

Tim

Thanks for the advice, Tim.

By the way, my signature lives in Ocala, Florida for the register.

Prior to the show in Clearwater tonight, Joe was kind enough to sign the Les Paul for me. I'm very pleased. I guess it was last night after the long drive home from the show.

anykeys wrote:

Prior to the show in Clearwater tonight, Joe was kind enough to sign the Les Paul for me. I'm very pleased. I guess it was last night after the long drive home from the show.

Great news and I'm sure you'll treasure it.

Tim

122 (edited by airportdon 2011-12-01 11:47:12)

The Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Goldtop: 2nd Run Available Now ???

I just saw this on the net.....thought they were only making 1000 total...how many are included now in this second run ???

I have seen several available on Flea Bay recently....I was wondering where they were all coming from !!!

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Sorry for writing back so late but the 60's tribute was just fine. The one I'm really impressed with is the 50th anniversary SG. Perfect. I also feel fortunate for getting it since it was a run of 600. I was checking the custom shop version of the 61 Which goes for 3000+ and Felt I got a great deal since the only difference is mine is black but has 24 instead of 22 frets.

Chuck B wrote:
moonatic2u wrote:

Hi folks,
Just got mine today and I was surprised but not in a good way. I ordered it back on jan1 from american musical. My daughter was begging me to ordered it... lol. Anyway when I opened the case the bridge pick up was sitting at a 45 degree angle. If it was not for the strings and the case holding it in place theres no telling what would've happened.
I called AMS and they said since there is no replacements they would have to have me call Gibson customer service.
I left a message. I find epiphones quality control here kind of a joke. I have a wildkat which floored me on the quality and to be honest I really was pissed with this shipment cause it carries Joe's name on it and you would think they would have been more precise. Besides it stuck out like a sore thumb. When I checked it out the adjustment screw for the bottom of the pick up( closet to the pickguard) wasn't eeven screwed into the pick up. Was just laying in there. Also they torqued the pickguard down so tight that they actually chipped the finish under it.
I have a Gibson 60's tribute coming in friday and I pray the QC is better. I'm now trying my best to get this baby right before my daughter comes over this weekend!

I'm interested to know how the Tribute sounds.  I played the 59 limited run, and wasn't too impressed.  The Tribute might end up being my next GAS purchase.

Ain't happy till I feel it in me bones!!!  (blues that is!)

While I'm at it here is my serial # 10101508599
Got it back on 2/28/11
Since their making a second run I would like to give a bit of tone advice that has made a world of difference.
Gotoh aluminum tail piece, Gotoh Nashville bridge and a graphtech nut. No more tuning issues or binding strings and with the aluminum stop bar (plus having the strings wrapped over like joe's) you have sustain for days people! 
Mark ... waynesboro Ga.

Ain't happy till I feel it in me bones!!!  (blues that is!)

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

SN#:   10101513518
Mfgd:   Unknown

Guitar and Case signed by Joe himself!  Nice Guitar without any issues at all!

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

S/N 11081511012. Ordered from AMS in April and finally got it yesterday at 5pm with just enough time to unbox it and take it with me to the concert last night.  Waited by the bus for about an hour after the show.  He signed the back of the headstock and the case.  Haven't had much time with it.  So far nothing seems amiss.