163 (edited by dknight16 2012-06-30 14:46:06)

Re: Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul Registry

It's an Epiphone, so there is no need to get carried away with collectibility.  It's a great player whether they make 2000, 5000, or as demand indicates.  I love mine no matter what.

POST #999!  The next one makes me Bonametal.  Better choose wisely ...

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Just arrived to me this morning smile

Owner: Sch3cter
S/N: 11091506517
Mfg Date: Unknown- no warrenty card in the box
Quality Issues: None on the guitar it's awesome. Case has a couple screws sticking out of it though.

NB - Mine also came with a black thick leather Epiphone branded strap that in the Case ( stuffed under the head stock)

Proud Owner of an Epiphone Joe Bonamassa GoldTop S/N: 11091506517
Epiphone G-1275 Cherry Doubleneck - Schecter Ultra III
Fender HSS PlusTop with Floyd Rose and Split-coil Humbucker
Taylor 214ce & Taylor GS Mini KOA.....and list goes on.........

Sch3cter wrote:

Quality Issues: None on the guitar it's awesome. Case has a couple screws sticking out of it though.

NB - Mine also came with a black thick leather Epiphone branded strap that in the Case ( stuffed under the head stock)

awesome guitar mate!! Enjoy!!

stefanhauk wrote:
Sch3cter wrote:

So far man, it's beyond awesome!!! ....Not mad on the pink case interior though smile

Proud Owner of an Epiphone Joe Bonamassa GoldTop S/N: 11091506517
Epiphone G-1275 Cherry Doubleneck - Schecter Ultra III
Fender HSS PlusTop with Floyd Rose and Split-coil Humbucker
Taylor 214ce & Taylor GS Mini KOA.....and list goes on.........

Sch3cter wrote:
stefanhauk wrote:
Sch3cter wrote:

So far man, it's beyond awesome!!! ....Not mad on the pink case interior though smile

I know, but the pink interior is a tradition late 50's Gibson thing... Adds to the Mojo!!  I'd top wrap 11-52's on it!! Made a world of difference to my JB Epiphone smile

Sch3cter wrote:

Welcome to the Forum!  You can never have too many Irish, eh?  wink  (I'm Irish-American myself!)

I'll second what Stefan said about top-wrapping, and add that I had nylon saddles installed on mine on the G, B, and top E, and so far I'm happy with the change...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

I've finally got round to updating the list on the first page.

I've assumed 56Bluesboys s/n is 11071507853 as his post had a digit missing. Please let me know if that's wrong, Bluesboy.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

I am the proud owner of a new Epi JB #11071509985 from Vancouver, Canada. This is my 7th Les Paul and honestly the first one I have really bonded with. I have been a Fender player for many years but have just recently discovered the joy of a Les Paul with either low powered PAF's or low powered P-90's. I have replaced the Burstbuckers (which are actually quite good for production pups) for Bare Knuckle Stormy Mondays and am replacing all the electronics with CTS pots and switchkraft toggle and jack. I honestly prefer the vintage tulip tuners but the Grovers are very smooth. The neck on this guitar is perfect. i love thick necks and this makes such a difference to the sustain and feel. I just recently sold a Gibson Les Paul goldtop with the 60's neck that I just couldn't bond with. The minute the JB came home the standard never got played again. My only complaint on this guitar is the smaller Epiphone frets which will have to be replaced and a few small finish flaws. Other than this a perfect guitar that I will never sell, the best current Epiphone guitar by a country mile. I got to meet Joe last December and just recently purchased the Midnight Blues lithograph so I get to meet him again at an upcoming show, though none anywhere near me for a long time and get him to sign this for me.

Hi and welcome to the forum. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:

Thanks!

CMB wrote:
PSmith1946 wrote:

Thanks!

Why don't you post on the introductions thread and give us a brief history about yourself, how long playing, equipment etc so people get to know you. This may be overlooked on here.

Just received mine here in Belgium. No defects so far; first impressions of the setup : intonation very slightly off, not sure about the nut height, frets are a little rough and that's it. I only played a bit on it for now, I have yet to measure and set it up. I love its unplugged tone and voice.

By the way, this is my first message on this board. JB is the reason I even looked at Les Pauls again, with all the gorgeous tones he squeezes out of one, and finally I got an Epi JB. It is very different from what I play otherwise - an Ibanez JEM and a Fender Lead II - which is the other reason I started to crave a LP.

I'm tempted to try 11-XX and/or Eb tuning on this, but I fear that too heavy a gauge might ruin my playing on light gauges. Oh well, we'll see, it's the beginning of a journey anyway.

I'l post the SN later.

Cheers.

PifLeChien wrote:

Just received mine here in Belgium. No defects so far; first impressions of the setup : intonation very slightly off, not sure about the nut height, frets are a little rough and that's it. I only played a bit on it for now, I have yet to measure and set it up. I love its unplugged tone and voice.

By the way, this is my first message on this board. JB is the reason I even looked at Les Pauls again, with all the gorgeous tones he squeezes out of one, and finally I got an Epi JB. It is very different from what I play otherwise - an Ibanez JEM and a Fender Lead II - which is the other reason I started to crave a LP.

I'm tempted to try 11-XX and/or Eb tuning on this, but I fear that too heavy a gauge might ruin my playing on light gauges. Oh well, we'll see, it's the beginning of a journey anyway.

I'l post the SN later.

Cheers.

You will grow to love it, top wrapping 11's ( I use 11-48's but some use 11-52's0 really does make a difference. Welcome to the forum. I suggest you copy this post into the introductions thread as more people will see it and say hi. big_smile

PSmith1946 wrote:

I suggest you copy this post into the introductions thread as more people will see it and say hi. big_smile

Yes, an introduction of course, thanks for reminding me.

s/n11091507140
perfect cond
ny.usa
very nice

So, S/N 11071509293 is in Belgium. I did find a crack in the 7th fret inlay that I had not initially seen.

(BTW, PSmith1946, I tried pure nickel 11-48 and it does feel good. Bending's a bit stiff right no but I want to fight a little bit on this one, it's my "don't try to play so many damn notes" guitar, and I _still_ have the option of a top wrap)

PifLeChien wrote:

So, S/N 11071509293 is in Belgium. I did find a crack in the 7th fret inlay that I had not initially seen.

(BTW, PSmith1946, I tried pure nickel 11-48 and it does feel good. Bending's a bit stiff right no but I want to fight a little bit on this one, it's my "don't try to play so many damn notes" guitar, and I _still_ have the option of a top wrap)

Top wrap is good, It takes a bit f the tension off.

muthusamy yadhavan wrote:

Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul Registry :

As spambots go, I thought this one was more clever than most.  Reported, though...   wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO