Topic: Crossroads Part Duex?

I ran across the following news blurb that could be hot!

"Eric Clapton planning 2nd "Crossroads"?

Eric Clapton my be planning a second Crossroads Festival this year, taking place in July in Chicago. An Italian web site dedicated to former Mahavishnu Orchestra leader John McLaughlin ( italway.it) reports that the guitarist -- who was part of the first Crossroads Festival in 2004 in Dallas -- would be part of the sequel on July 28th in the Windy City. No official announcement has been made, and Clapton's representatives were not available for comment about the report."

Can you say ROADTRIP/PLANETRIP TO CHI-TOWN????????????

If it is half of the the original Crossroad Fest was, it would be worth the trip North.

If anyone in the area knows any inside info, offer it up.

Joneson for a roadtrip

RockinRon

Two kinds of women in this world. Theres naughty and there's nice
Any man will tell you that one is a virtue
And the other is a Vice.
Warren Haynes-Inside Outside Women Blues #3-By a Thread

Re: Crossroads Part Duex?

Rockin'Ron-This topic was tossed around over under the street team--How can we get Joe invited???? Since then, I have heard through the grapevine (a Clapton message board) that Joe was invited.  Please Note- It's not confirmed!!!  But something very exciting to think about.

I'm updating my fantasy- Bonamassa, Jeff Beck and Clapton share the stage and perform Blues Deluxe - Joe lead vocals-Jeff lead guitar- nice guitar soloing/duels..the works!!!!! Superstitious is a nice tune as well.

If you haven't already checked out these 2 clips, this link is to the wonderful Stu Craig's fansite where you can view Beck, Bogert and Appice (1973) doing Superstitious and Bonamassa, Bogert and Appice (2007) performing Superstitious.

http://www.bonamassabluesrock.com/

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Basically with the first Crossroads, it was the people that Clapton dug and respected. So, if Clapton's heard of Joe, and likes Joe, Joe will probably be invited. Let's hope.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

smile Angela, my fantasy involves Bonnie Raitt but that's another story wink

Angela wrote:

Rockin'Ron-This topic was tossed around over under the street team--How can we get Joe invited???? Since then, I have heard through the grapevine (a Clapton message board) that Joe was invited.  Please Note- It's not confirmed!!!  But something very exciting to think about.

I'm updating my fantasy- Bonamassa, Jeff Beck and Clapton share the stage and perform Blues Deluxe - Joe lead vocals-Jeff lead guitar- nice guitar soloing/duels..the works!!!!! Superstitious is a nice tune as well.

If you haven't already checked out these 2 clips, this link is to the wonderful Stu Craig's fansite where you can view Beck, Bogert and Appice (1973) doing Superstitious and Bonamassa, Bogert and Appice (2007) performing Superstitious.

http://www.bonamassabluesrock.com/

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

A 2nd Crossroads will take place in Chicago, Sonny Landrith told me that he has been booked. This show will be smaller then Dallas,Sonny said he heard it will only be a 1 day event

These are the details I got in an e-mail.

"OVER 20 OF THE WORLD’S GREATEST GUITARISTS PLAY SIDEMEN TO EACH OTHER ON ONE STAGE, FOR ONE DAY, TO SUPPORT ONE CAUSE

ERIC CLAPTON ANNOUNCES
CROSSROADS GUITAR FESTIVAL
JULY 28, 2007    CHICAGO

Day-Long Festival To Feature Legendary Music And Collaborations Including:
Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, BB King, Willie Nelson, Jeff Beck, Vince Gill, Sheryl Crow, Buddy Guy and John Mayer

(New York, NY, March 23, 2007) – Credited throughout his career with creating super sounds in super groups, the ultimate Clapton collaboration will take place July 28, 2007 when he gathers the past, present and future of guitar music onto one stage for an incredible full day musical event. Announced today, the second Crossroads Guitar Festival, scheduled for July 28, 2007 at Toyota Park in Chicago, will be a cornerstone of this year’s summer music festival season. Profits from the Festival will benefit The Crossroads Centre in Antigua, a treatment and education facility founded by Clapton for chemically dependent persons.

Since its inception, Clapton’s vision for the Crossroads Guitar Festival has been to create an event where his friends and contemporaries can have fun and jam together for the benefit of a good cause. This year’s Festival will feature a full day of musical performances with once-in-a-lifetime guitar collaborations. Known as pioneers in their field, the roster of artists spans old and new, from BB King to John Mayer (anticipated guest list below). The audience can expect unrivaled entertainment, brilliant guitar work, surprise guests and impromptu jams that are the hallmarks of these performers.

The first Crossroads Guitar Festival, in June 2004 at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, was an unprecedented collection of guitar icons from blues, rock and contemporary music. The sold-out show was chronicled in a 2-disc DVD that has since gone on to become one of the world’s top-selling music DVD’s, recently achieving the 8x platinum mark in the United States alone.
“The Crossroads Festival is the realization of a dream for me, to gather a group of amazingly talented musicians to perform on one stage,” said Clapton. “The Crossroads performers are all musicians I admire and respect.”

Additional Festival artists and elements to be announced shortly.

Tickets for the Crossroads Guitar Festival will go on sale to the public on Saturday, March 31 at 10am Central Time (11am EST) via www.ticketmaster.com or Ticketmaster phone charge at 312-559-1950 or Ticketmaster retail outlets. Both reserved and general admission tickets will be available for this event. All tickets will be priced at $90 plus applicable ticketing/service charges. The ticket price includes parking for the day and the concert begins at NOON.
About Toyota Park:
Conveniently located just 15 minutes southwest of Downtown Chicago (at 71st and Harlem in Bridgeview), Toyota Park (www.toyotapark.com) is Chicagoland’s newest and most exciting outdoor concert facility.
For Photos of the first Crossroads Festival, follow this link: http://www.rhino.com/media/photosearch. … Crossroads
CURRENT ARTIST LISTING CONFIRMED

Jeff Beck
Doyle Bramhall II
Eric Clapton
Robert Cray
Sheryl Crow
Vince Gill
Buddy Guy
BB King
Alison Krauss and Union Station
Sonny Landreth
Albert Lee
Los Lobos
John Mayer
John McLaughlin
Willie Nelson
Robert Randolph
Hubert Sumlin
Derek Trucks
Jimmie Vaughan
Steve Winwood

About Crossroads
Founded in 1997, Crossroads Centre, Antigua was created to provide treatment and education to chemically dependent persons, those with other compulsive addictive behaviors, their families and significant others. Treatment is provided through residential care, family and aftercare programs. The pathway to recovery is founded on the movement toward a change in lifestyle. Crossroads Centre, Antigua also operates a 16 bed halfway-house called The Bevon House (exclusively for local Antiguan residents) and facilitates a school-based education series, Breaking the Cycle, in all local schools. www.crossroadsantigua.org"

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

MAN! That sounds GREAT! I may actually have to go visit my brother who live in Chicago. Finally!

I hope they actually put Jeff Beck on the DVD, if there is one. Last time, that's why I bought the Disc! He was supposed to have jammed with ZZ Top!

Early 80's 1957 U.S. Vintage Reissue Stratocaster (Surf Green)-Warmouth Soloist  Pearly Gates Neck, Pearly Gates Bridge- Larrivee D-03 (Mahogany/ Spruce)
Carmen Ghia Head- Marshall 112 Cab W/G12H 30  or  Custom 4 X 6v6 Head  or  Budda Twinmaster Plus Head-Traynor 212 Cab w/Eminence Texas Heats. 
Mo'D-Eternity-Blues Pro- Timmy-BYOC Chorus/Vibrato- TC SCF- Korg DT 10 Pedal Tuner

I heard it was something to do with Jeff not signing off or something, but I'm not sure if that was correct or not.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

If you join Eric Clapton's fan club for $39.95 you can get tickets for Crossroads Guitar Festival in tomorrow's presale which last till Fri.

Thanks Taurus52! We have our plane tickets, our room and a car but I've been stressing over tickets!!! So, it was worth the money. Get some cool "stuff" as well.................

It's look like we are going to go if we get some good presale tickets.  Great lineup for sure...

Music is good for the Soul...

12 (edited by cathysiler 2007-03-28 13:17:48)

Rumor is that Sonny Landreth will be at Fitzgerald's Friday night before the show. Hope any of you who get in Friday will come. Bona-buddies meet and greet!!!                               WOW! My 100th post! On my way to Bonametal Jane!!!!

tarus52 wrote:

If you join Eric Clapton's fan club for $39.95 you can get tickets for Crossroads Guitar Festival in tomorrow's presale which last till Fri.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what time tomorrow the tickets go on presale?

tarus52 wrote:

$39.95 to join a fan club!? You gotta be shitt*ng me.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

15 (edited by David A. 2007-03-28 16:10:47)

Lee wrote:
tarus52 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what time tomorrow the tickets go on presale?

9:00 a.m.  CDT

16 (edited by tarus52 2007-03-28 17:41:38)

To those of you who are going to the Crossroads Guitar Festival,Walter Trout will be playing at the house of blues back porch on Fri nite 7/27

Thanks David. I also noticed that Walter Trout was in Chicago the eve of the festival.

Lee wrote:

Thanks David. I also noticed that Walter Trout was in Chicago the eve of the festival.

Thanks for the heads up on Walter the night before, might have to check it out...