Re: Cleveland House of Blues

I feel bad for all who did not enjoy the show.  sad  pattyluvsjoe

Hopefully you can go to another show, another time, another place and I wish for you a wonderful experience......

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

The problem is that with Joe now having his tours expanding out to more areas, we now end up with one show for this entire region in place of the typical 4 or 5 shows spread across the state in previous years. People tracking hundreds of miles to see Joe in this venue is certainly not a good thing. The bigger issue is how will an artist like  Joe be able to grow in fan base and achieve greater success but still be able to maintain any degree of quality at the increasingly larger venues.

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Hopefully you can go to another show, another time, another place and I wish for you a wonderful experience......

21 (edited by Demonsterastratofixation 2007-02-08 13:10:43)

Bob, dude, I do not follow what you are saying at all!!! How is one centrally (or not) located show within a state and greater success diminishing quality per se of Joe Bonamassa's ability to perform well? It just appears that (this) the House of Blues sucks... I have to agree and I have not been to the one in Cleveland to attend the show in question but I have been to 2 others and-it seems to be something inherent in the operations (as opposed to the concept) I think stockholders (the places underwent aquisition last year I believe) should look closer at what's going on as the venues are getting a poor rep-NOT JOE

Bob wrote:

The problem is that with Joe now having his tours expanding out to more areas, we now end up with one show for this entire region in place of the typical 4 or 5 shows spread across the state in previous years. People tracking hundreds of miles to see Joe in this venue is certainly not a good thing. The bigger issue is how will an artist like  Joe be able to grow in fan base and achieve greater success but still be able to maintain any degree of quality at the increasingly larger venues.

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

I agree.  There aren't many options in Cleveland anymore.  That's unfortunate for anyone playing there.  Not Joe's fault in the least; it's the monopoly the industry in Cleveland has on the venues. 

Solution?  HOB needs a better sound system.  Better seating (or standing) would be nice, but I don't think we're gonna get that.  And while we're at it, how about a real light show...?

Craig's Guitar Tech Resource - free information online.
Guitar Repair and Customization in Northeast Ohio since 1979.

http://www.guitartechcraig.com

23 (edited by Demonsterastratofixation 2007-02-08 16:18:27)

Well maybe Joe should save playing Cleveland for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame....Just kidding, Please don't take offense to my offhandedness, I attended a Joe show in Cleveland at the Beachland and it was great, even missing a bit of the show due to 10+ hrs. travel time.
The House of Blues carries a name brand recognition, personalities and more: Dan Akkroyd as Elwood Blues, which includes various tie-ins with a couple of huge movies, a revitalizing movement towards blues appreciation, plus the weekly radio show...worth the chance of casual semi-interested exposure even to people looking for "something to do tonight"...I say fans (You & Me worthy fans at least) accept trifling little disappointments and move on to Better Days, damn the torpedoes! Sound quality alone is an issue everyday with some of the top acts in the world at some of the premier locations. If it can go wrong,.......it just might! That's Show Biz!

24 (edited by SRV-Rocks 2007-02-08 18:19:09)

I had general admission seats expecting to be able to move around to the front of the stage and back.

I have been to the house of blues many times and this is the first time they had seats in the pit. I told an usher that it was a  bad idea and I still believe that it was.  I would have purchased reserved seats if I knew the seating would have been that way. I feel it dampens audience enthusiasm to have seating like this.

Also there was no reason to get there early if the seating was like this.

I do think the seating was done like this so us old folks wouldnt have to sit.

In any case I thought it was a good show. Volume could have been a bit higher but the sound was good.

If you intend to visit the house of blues again please write them with your suggestions. I know I will.

Demonsterastratofixation wrote:

Kind of curious if other shows at the House of Blues (Cleveland) seem subdued also???

No I have been to many shows at the HOB. I think this one seemed subdued due to he reserved pit seating and volume being a little low.  People just dont seem to get as excited when everyone is sitting. Half will want to stand while half will shout for them to sit down. 

The reserve seating in the balcony is excellent.  Leave the GA for us in the pit.

zosozep7 wrote:

Craig, the seats on the floor were not GA. Not that Im aware of anyways or I would have been up close but there were many others there that would have claimed them first before us anyways. I also had heard that the upper level was reserved when we were there for most of the shows. Ill be more aware the next time of whats going on.

Rob

The tickets on the floor were reserved.  There were four options for tickets. What were the $50.00 tickets for.

The reason I've gone to the HOB 6-7 times is because I really REALLY like the band that is playing!!! I've decided to "grin and bear it" even though I know the sound is really bad in that room!!!!! (Plus 5 of the 7 times I've gone I've had free tickets!!!!!). Absolutely no disrespect for JOE B. ; he is an amazing guitarist plus a really nice person every time I've met him!! Please note - The last 3 or 4 shows that I've wanted to attend at  the HOB I've had  or been offered free tickets but I've still not attended because the sound is so very bad!!!!! I will boycott this venue each and every time from now on!!!!!!

I think that's fine, as long as you don't boycott Joe, no matter where he's playing.  I, personally, would stand in stinking garbage to see our boy play.  I've got 15 years on Joe, and he's definitely got something on me...of course, my playing wasn't supported when I was young.  Blah, whatever, excuses aside, Joe is the talented future of guitar playing.  You just gotta grin and bear it for him.

Craig's Guitar Tech Resource - free information online.
Guitar Repair and Customization in Northeast Ohio since 1979.

http://www.guitartechcraig.com

CraigJC wrote:

I, personally, would stand in stinking garbage to see our boy play.

Craig,  You wouldn't have to stand it in alone, cuz' I'd be there with ya'  lol  Patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184