Topic: yngwie malmsteen

oh my goodness, i went to see yngwie last night at a club in sauget ,il.
   talk about a step back to 1985.the man has not changed at all. he was such an
   80s "poser" it was to funny to enjoy.although the man is very talented, you know
  you still have to evolve.

joe it was a very cool venue ,2 level type place please consider
               playing here.
                                         max

Re: yngwie malmsteen

Yawnoyvey Napalmsteen

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Last time I saw Yngwie was on the G3 DVD... I didn't recognize him!  I had some of the same thoughts...  I used to love him way back when, in fact, my first ever album was Trilogy, but it got old after a while. 

Has he made any recent recordings? I really haven't kept up with his career- sounds like the music hasn't changed for the better?

4 (edited by David 2006-05-21 19:46:57)

I had his "Rising Force" album. "Black Star" is a killer song. Unfortunately, that was about the only song I liked by him.

I was never a fan of Yngwie's playing style, but it was cool to watch on the G3 DVD.

- my Dream G3: Eddie Van Halen , Joe Bonamassa , Jeff Beck

I saw Yngwie once in a G3 show. 80's, true. Fat, yes. Arrogant, yes. But somehow I found myself LOVING his show. He was a lot of fun to watch. I especially liked when he slowly runs his right hand through his gnarly long hair while he keeps playing guitar with his left hand. He did that about 100 times.

POPS does not really bring in blues acts, + good place for a gear heist - a little rough -(Sauget-?)= not good

Yngwie is still putting out albums and they are much better than his mid to late 90's stuff !  I wish he would just give up on vocals and stick with mostly instrumental.

I caught him on the G3 tour as well and though he needs to worry more about playing than hamming it up, it is something to see !

All-Original SG wrote:

I especially liked when he slowly runs his right hand through his gnarly long hair while he keeps playing guitar with his left hand. He did that about 100 times.

He must've been watching Steve Vai a lot. smile

"The blues is just a good man feelin' bad"