Topic: Good Press in Bloomington, IL

Central/Southern IL State Coordinator Beth Bennett passed along this example of some good press that Joe has recently gotten in the Bloomington, IL, area.  Nice work, street team!  I don't have to wish you a great time at the show tonight, 'cause I know that's exactly what you'll have.  Here's an excerpt & link to the rest of the article:

Story:

Blues before 30

Blues prodigy brings powerhouse guitar licks, vocals to Bloomington

Though he's still less than 30 years old, Joe Bonamassa has been playing the blues for nearly a quarter of a century -- a sizable career load he'll be toting behind him when he turns up at Bloomington's New Lafayette Club next week (7:30 p.m. Feb. 1).

That quarter-century of dues-paying earns him the inalienable right to be called a grizzled veteran.

For more of this story, click on or type the URL below:

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007 … 752933.txt

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

Re: Good Press in Bloomington, IL

Grizzled???!!!

Re: Good Press in Bloomington, IL

Well he corrected himself quickly in the article! I found it intriguing that Joe says he can't listen to 13 Robert Johnson songs in a row but can listen to Cream's version of Crossroads over & over.... Same with Terraplane Blues by Robert and Foghat's version for me both cases BOTH versions are the Blues!  If you call one "rock" and one "blues" it brings to mind that blues is truly the bed "rock" of the rocking genres! And when Joe states his disdain for "purists" (just the term is snobbish!), I have to think back to Tom Petty WAY back in the day pooh poohing his supposed "'60's sound " fetish, when being interviewed in CREEM magazine (anyone remember that rag?) said "I think we're kinda '80's myself"! Joe is the new millennium breed of True Blue (future album title?) musicianship...