Topic: Kansas City / Grand Emporium 01/30

Hey Everybody,    Greetings from a very tired pattyluvsjoe. Just got back from the show.  The place was packed and there was a very enthusiastic crowd.  Joe, Mark, Bogie, Rick, Aaron(sp?),Dave, Donnie(sp?)  many thanks for putting on yet another WONDERFUL show!!! It is REALLY FUN as a fan to have Joe right in front of you.  Joe, you are a hard-workin' man and I loved every minute of it. And you looked really great!  Great solos by Joe, Mark, Bogie, and Rick!!!!  My friend Sarah was very happy she came along and she is Bonabaptized.  She is ready to go to another show.  Photogal & Lee it's always a great joy to see you.  <G> we didn't see you???
Jim M. we thought we spotted you there.  Off to bed.....thanks again everybody.  Patty

P.S. Thanks to Shaggy for driving all of you safely from city to city to city to city.... wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Re: Kansas City / Grand Emporium 01/30

I think you're right about jim m.........Southwest Airlines does it's trick again!

PC

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

setlist anyone????

"I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress."
-Ronald Regan-

Update to my post:  My friend Sarah is "hearing impaired" today after her first concert. but
she said it is worth being deaf for a couple of days  lol    And I stumbled into work today and God had smiled down on me favorably....there was a huge, matted, framed, autographed double- picture of Joe dated 2001 sitting in my office......my mouth fell open and I was almost reduced to tears, when a big smile broke out on my co-workers face and  she said, "That's for you, if you want it."  Well, you all know the answer to that.........big grin on pattyluvsjoe's face and I felt very blessed.  Oh, what a perfect day.......life is good  Patty

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

johnnyg wrote:

setlist anyone????

Opened with a thunderous Just Got Paid...then in no particular order, a perfect  Bridge to Better Days; a most excellent "marching" rendition of Walk In My Shadows; Miss, You,Hate You with an amusing short interlude; a fiery-burning Woke Up Dreaming, a solid New Day Yesterday, a beautiful Django; a spiritual Angel on My Shoulder  and I'll let someone else tag-on the rest...gotta' run back to work...break over.....Patty

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

So Many Roads, and Had to Cry Today were in there also. First time to hear Django in its complete form with Rick on Keyboards. Worth the flight for that alone. Rick also added an extended solo on Tap an Angel. First time for me to hear HTCT with drum solo too.

I saw Joe at the Grand Emporim in 2003 a couple of times. The crowd trippled in size last night. A's to E's.
I was a little shocked by the changes. HG TV decor. Instead of the old concert posters. It might still be a blues bar if more blues acts could sell the place out on a Tuesday.

Just got back from our little excursion to Kansas City to watch Joe and Co.'s performance at the Grand Emporium and also do some research on some fine KC BBQ. As far as the set list goes, it is the same one that Joe has used for a while now:

Just Got Paid
Walk In My Shadows
So Many Roads
Mountain Time
Bridge To Better Days
A New Day Yesterday
Miss You, Hate You
Woke Up Dreaming
Django
Had To Cry Today>Heart Of The Sunrise>Starship Trooper
encore:
Asking Around For You

First off, I'm amazed that the show went as smoothly as it did considering the technical issues they apparently had to endure. As  Mark said, it was a "nightmare". It was still a great show, but I think it's probably safe to say it was Joe's last show at the Grand Emporium in its present condition.
As most of you know, Rick Melick is playing a few dates with the band. I thought Rick's keyboard work was most noticeable  on "Django" and  "Starship Trooper", where he really added a lot of depth, and also "Asking Around For You" in which he got the opportunity to solo. It was great to meet him after the show. Really cool guy!
Patty and Rhonda - it was nice to see you again and meet the newly Bonabaptized Sarah. I'm glad to hear it was a positive experience for her.
I took a peek at my photos and they aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be, but still not the greatest. I'll get some posted on flickr.com as soon as I can.

Great show but the Grand Emporium is not the same and the technical problems were apparent and Joe did not seem happy about it. Keep coming to KC Joe we need to keep the blues alive here!