Re: Used guitar strings/StringsforaCURE

Already got strings promised from Chantel McGregor and Marcus Bonfanti,hoping to get more from the Paul Rodgers camp very soon

Roger62 wrote:

Already got strings promised from Chantel McGregor and Marcus Bonfanti,hoping to get more from the Paul Rodgers camp very soon

That WAS worth saying twice!!! Very Cool indeed, Roger! Cheers!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Score!!!

While at the Dallas International Guitar Festival this past weekend, Davy Knowles gave me 6 sets of his used strings from his European tour. Thanks so much Davy!! smile

Also, I had a word or two with the Texas guitar shredder by the name of Lance Lopez and he too made a promise to donate his strings. All in all, a very successful weekend! wink

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Roger62 wrote:

Chantel's strings will be in the post today. I also spoke to Paul Rodgers' wife Cynthia on Sunday and she will either give the guitar strings from all the band from the current UK tour to me or will send them onto yourselves herself. I gave her all the details and a copy of the authorisation form.

The Hebden Bridge Blues Festival held in Yorkshire at the end of May holiday weekend of which I am helping out with the organisation, is also going to asking the artists to donate as well.

Thank you everyone for your efforts and support of the StringsforaCURE Foundation!! Its not one bit surprising to me how totally AWESOME Joe fans are!!  smile

I just got a new box of business cards, which are two-sided and explain in just a couple of sentences, the mission statement of the foundation.  With all the strings in inventory now, more pieces will be available for sale.

Its a cycle...recycle old strings to make jewelry which sells to raise money for patients battling cancer.  Send me an e-mail if you would like me to mail you some cards to spread the word.

Thanks.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

60 (edited by BluesMan 2011-04-29 09:26:09)

Saw and spoke with Chris Duarte on Wednesday night. Explained SFAC to him and gave him a business card and artist release form. He promised to collect a few sets and send them in as soon as he could. Score another great artist for the cause! cool 

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Angela wrote:

Send me an e-mail if you would like me to mail you some cards to spread the word.

Thanks.

Please send some cards to Cathy asap, Angela. We'll be able to hand them out at the Chesapeake and the Western Maryland! I have already written to Paul Barrere asking him for his and Fred Tackett's strings, and I will remind Michael Burks, who also promised to contribute.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Hey George,

I will get cards out today.  And I have college graduation this weekend, I will reply to your e-mail when I figure out when I don't have to be somewhere in the next couple of weeks.... wink

Also, Elisa said she got a mailer that I gave out to someone with my return address, HOWEVER, the musician form was BLANK, so the strings can't be used, because she doesn't know who the musician is.  There was no stamped postage so it can't be traced to what area it came from.  If anyone has any clues or if you think it may have been from you, please help with info. 

Thanks again for everyones help!  smile

Amsterhammer wrote:
Angela wrote:

Send me an e-mail if you would like me to mail you some cards to spread the word.

Thanks.

Please send some cards to Cathy asap, Angela. We'll be able to hand them out at the Chesapeake and the Western Maryland! I have already written to Paul Barrere asking him for his and Fred Tackett's strings, and I will remind Michael Burks, who also promised to contribute.

I bought some jewelry made out of Joe’s strings as a Mother’s Day gift. The jewelry looks fantastic and the proceeds go to a great cause. Sadly I lost my Mother and sister to breast cancer and I hope StringforaCure will be out of business soon by helping put an end to cancer.

I hope to see StringsforaCure receive some of Rik Emmett strings soon. I introduced Elisa to Rik’s Emmetts manager to supply some strings for this great cause.

Take care,
Bill

I have a set of Grace Potter's flying Vee strings.  cool   tongue

I hope to add Little Feat this weekend.

RIP Iron Man

Strings from Chris Thomas King went in the mail today! Chris was the guitar player at the Crossroads in the movie, Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? His music has been featured in and he has composed music for the films: Kill Switch, Ray, Animal, Last of the Mississippi Jukes, The Soul of a Man, and Signpost to Freedom.

His dad is the famous New Orleans bluesman Tabby Thomas. If you get a chance to see Chris live, you wont be disappointed...
Here is his website for anyone interested in checking him out, http://www.christhomasking.com/

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

I bought some jewelry made out of Joe’s strings as a Mother’s Day gift. The jewelry looks fantastic and the proceeds go to a great cause. Sadly I lost my Mother and sister to breast cancer and I hope StringforaCure will be out of business soon by helping put an end to cancer.

I hope to see StringsforaCure receive some of Rik Emmett strings soon. I introduced Elisa to Rik’s Emmetts manager to supply some strings for this great cause.

Take care,
Bill

Rock on, Bill...reminds everyone again of a great cause.

I sound like a broken record, BUT, the Joe Bonamassa fans continue to amaze me!!  Between spreading the word, securing strings and purchasing the jewelry...the Bonafamily has launched the SFAC foundation global!!

Elisa posted that she sold 10 Davy Knowles pieces the same day she put the photos up.  Wow, this is just great. Thanks Roy. 

I had made a suggestion to Elisa about something on her website that shows inventory, for example, if an artists doesn't have any pieces for sale, people assume there isn't anything left. Some artists strings haven't even been made up yet and Elisa still has Joe strings left from the '59 Les Paul and others.

So, its a work in progress and being managed while Elisa and her husband have day jobs... Thanks again to each and everyone of you for your efforts.

Hi Bill,
Touching story, Im sorry for the hard hit you've taken.

Thanks to you and Dave for supporting this.

DaveWammbarro wrote:
Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

Take care,
Bill

Thanks Rhonda for ALL your efforts and educating me about another musician I never heard of!!  Since you know how to get it done or for anyone else out there: SFAC would love to have Glenn Hughes strings and Carmine's (which are sorta MIA currently...)

photogal wrote:

Strings from Chris Thomas King went in the mail today! Chris was the guitar player at the Crossroads in the movie, Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? His music has been featured in and he has composed music for the films: Kill Switch, Ray, Animal, Last of the Mississippi Jukes, The Soul of a Man, and Signpost to Freedom.

His dad is the famous New Orleans bluesman Tabby Thomas. If you get a chance to see Chris live, you wont be disappointed...
Here is his website for anyone interested in checking him out, http://www.christhomasking.com/

~Rhonda

70 (edited by Angela 2011-06-17 08:36:54)

Hey George,
Cool those  strings off before packaging, don't want to cause a fire at the post office!!  Thanks and hope you had a fab time in the USA...  Someday baby...we will cross paths. wink

Amsterhammer wrote:

I have a set of Grace Potter's flying Vee strings.  cool   tongue

I hope to add Little Feat this weekend.

And Roger,

THANK YOU!!!  I hope you got the recent package of cards I mailed you. Thanks again!!!

Angela wrote:

Hi Bill,
Touching story, Im sorry for the hard hit you've taken.

Thanks to you and Dave for supporting this.

DaveWammbarro wrote:
Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

Take care,
Bill

Angela & Dave, thank you both for the kind words.

I completely space on having a photo taken with my gal and our daughter during the BCC meet and greet last week. We waited and took the photo after the San Diego show but the lighting was very poor outside and the shot didn’t turn out like I had hoped. I will send the photo to Elisa at StringsforaCure anyway. I will try and do better next time.   

Take care,
Bill

Angela wrote:

Hey George,
Cool those  strings off before packaging, don't want to cause a fire at the post office!!  Thanks and hope you had a fab time in the USA...  Someday baby...we will cross paths. wink

Some day, Angela, some day....

Let's see now....I personally mailed the Grace strings, please ask Elisa to make sure to keep a bracelet for me (when she gets around to them)!

Cathy still has wrapped and packed Matt Schofield and Devon Allman strings to mail (I think that Rhonda already recently got strings from Devon, because he knew all about it and was delighted to give me a set.)

Hopefully, Paul Barrere's Feat strings have arrived by now - Michael Burks also promised to send his after I gave him the address again, and we also gave forms and envelopes to Davy Knowles, Otis Taylor, Ana Popovic, 'our' Joanne Shaw Taylor and Sonny Landreth! Not bad for three festivals. wink

RIP Iron Man