Topic: So who has Kenny's dvd?

Well
How is it?

Re: So who has Kenny's dvd?

Im heading out to get it now.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

3 (edited by Dean 2007-01-23 17:09:27)

Picking it up at Best Buy on Wednesday.

It is freakin' amazing. It's so cool. Kenny's really outdone himself on this one.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Deezer wrote:

It is freakin' amazing. It's so cool. Kenny's really outdone himself on this one.

No doubt about that!! This is some awesome stuff! This is my kind a blues. Im watching the dvd right now and so far what I have seen its some very good stuff. The cd is definetly awesome. I loooooved BB King The Thrill is Gone. I can see Ill be burning this baby out in a hurry. Ill have to go out and get me a back up copy. LOL.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Not to change the subject, but ....
               Happy Birthday To You
                    Happy Birthday To You
                             Happy Birthday, Dear Jane
                                               Happy Birthday To You !   smile smile smile

Patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Got it.  Haven't watched it yet.

Does anyone know how many albums were sold for "The Place You're In"???
I read in a review of this DVD that it failed commercially....what does that mean these days?
Less than 500,000 copies? Does something need to go platinum to be considered sucessful?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Im very certain that it was less than 500,000. I believe that 500,000 is a gold record (someone confirm) and since I heard nothing about Place Youre In being gold, then its gotta be less than that.  Im thinkin somewhere in the 250 range.

I think it's GREAT! The 2 bonus tracks are awesome and it sits outside of the CD case and says Barnes and Noble Bonus Tracks, so it seems that's an exclusive offer. I love the Tina Marie song, can't wait to play it for my good friend Tina Marie! I didn't view the DVD yet.

When I  ordered mine I bundled it with Jonny Lang's Lie To Me, so the shipping fee was waived for over $25.  I only had Jonny's new CD, so this was a great purchase too.
Funny coincidence...both CD's have similar packaging, vintage looking with tan and brown colors. And the young Jonny Lang looks so similar to the young Kenny!  (Ledbetter Heights)

blueser wrote:

Well
How is it?

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

Got it.  Haven't watched it yet.

Does anyone know how many albums were sold for "The Place You're In"???
I read in a review of this DVD that it failed commercially....what does that mean these days?
Less than 500,000 copies? Does something need to go platinum to be considered sucessful?

I'm not sure what the exact figures are, but 'The Place You're In' PEAKED at #101 on the Billboard charts, so  definitely under or at tops 100,000 sales. Successful is relative. If it would've been on a small indie label with not much overhead in production costs by a non established artist, then yes. However, seeing as it was on Reprise, with the image and sound change geared towards a mainstream audience, I'm sure they were looking for much higher sales, and in that aspect it wasn't successful.

Nightwatcher's House Of Rock
http://nightwatchershouseofrock.blogspot.com/
Now featured on Planet Rock, The Chicago Sun Times and The Mog Music Network
Also featured on antiMUSIC's RockNewsinfo at http://www.antimusic.com/rocknews/

Well, the album had as much promotion as an indie label. No promo commercials on tv, one music video that wasn't pushed very hard, one appearance on McEnroe's talk show (was canceled about a month later), and that is IT. Add that in with a new look, a new sound, even a new singer, and it being five years since he'd released anything, he may as well have been a new artist. The album didn't have a chance.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

I was just curious on what kind of numbers jbs cds sell. you and me or the others.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I still haven't viewed the DVD yet, but for those who read the cd liner notes know that Kenny Wayne was head over heels about the compliment he received from Hubert Sumlin. Sumlin said he's been waiting for a guitarist like Kenny to come along...Kenny is the one he's been waiting for...

A Clapton fan posted this a day or two ago-  I heard it throught the grapevine- Unconfirmed, but Kenny may be on Jay Leno's show.

"just heard back from my pal who's huberts lawyer and if any of you guys live in austin texas he will be there for 1 show with kenny wayne sheppard at antone's monday evening.sorry don't know the address.he may also be appearing with kws on the tonight show with jay leno this thursday but is waiting for confirmation."

This thing is awesome, I watched the DVD and it's really well done and what cool thing to watch, lot's of great Blues and history. Kenny really get's down, great playing and tone and while showing so much respect for the older guys, he does a really great job. This is a must have for any Blues fan IMHO.

The DVD was really great.  Well cut-up and put together with good displays and graphics.
The music was even better. Kenny seemed along for the ride, while not trying to steal the spotlight from the blues legends.

The dvd marks the last chapter of the still living some unrecognized blues legends, and since many died since the filming - seemed a necessary mission to do the dvd that I believe KWS was happy to have done.

Grammy anyone?

My favorite was Bryan Lee. I met this guy and cannot say enough about him. A class act.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I watched the DVD, and yes, I agree with everyone else.  It's absolutely amazing.  I didn't want him to leave Etta's house.  At the end, where it says in memory of friends we lost, I started bawling.  I just got to know some of these people.  Fantastic piece of work done, and Kenny Wayne should be very proud of his accomplishment.  I will forever be a fan of his now, since he has the respect and admiration of the roots of blues.

I've watched the DVD twice now, it's excellent!! I felt like I was transported back in time! Musically, I thought the entire thing had a good groove going on, fast, slow and in-between.  I like Tina Marie even better live and what can one say about Pinetop Perkins in his 90's singing "Got My Mojo Working"...priceless.

Kenny is getting some well deserved press, nice write ups in Vintage Guitar (SRV on cover-April) and Guitar Player.  What you hear is the way it went down, no overdubs, no studio repair.  Six of the featured musicians have since passed on.

My hubby is on everyone's mailing list and some cool stuff has been coming in with, I think, more of an awareness towards blues guitarists.

Guitar Center Contest- King of the Blues-the search for the next great, undiscovered blues guitar player. (have to be 16 years or older) A couple cool contests-rock n'roll fantasy camp in London, record at Abbey Road and play at the Cavern!
http://www.guitarcenter.com/

Also, Hal Leonard/Music Dispatch sent a post card for 25 Great Blues Guitar Solos
http://www.musicdispatch.com/item_detai … ds=0069979 (bought it for my Valentine)

Yeah, Guitar Center has got another contest going. I guess the last one must have brought them some attention. The backing track CD was very good. I just wish I was good enough to enter this one. Maybe next year if they do it again.

KWS and the DVD are awesome. If you are interested in that type of Blues presentation, you might check out the series of Blues DVDs produced by Martin Scorese for PBS. I would not try to put KWS's and them in the same catagory necessarily, but if you are interested in the history of the Blues and enjoyed the sights and sounds in 10 Days Out, you will like these.

They are available separately and as a set on DVD and on CD for the audio only folks. There is some amazing footage of Son House that I am in awe of every time I watch it. Pinetop is featured also in a film done by Clint Eastwood on Piano Blues. Some people think it gets a little preachy at times, but I find the information and the performances fascinating.

This goes along with Joe and the Blues in the Schools. People need to realize that the Blues is an American original. We didn't steal this music from anybody and it deserves to be kept alive and thriving. Joe is a great ambassador and deserves all the support we can offer.

Nothin' but the Blues