Re: Day 19 Santorini 2010

Great to hear from you Joe!!!!! speaking of weird tans......maybe i should take off my sandals when mowing my 3 acres of land!!!! 

anyway....cant wait for you to get back to the states........!!!!  My boy Vince is anxiously awaiting seeing you in concert!!!! as am i of course!!!!!!

Just hanging by a thread, JB, trying to survive in hot and humid LA, heat index 110+ for many weeks in a row.  We get outside early am to play and then crawl under the ac like a lizard during the heat of the day.  My only solace is the days are getting shorter so it has to cool down soon . . . at least by Thanksgiving.  Speaking of Thanksgiving, we're excited to have tickets to see you in Nashville the day after. . . hopefully we'll all be wearing jackets then.

As for Greece, I bet you remember to schedule your time there earlier in the year next time!  Will be so excited to hear the new music that comes out of this Hotter Than Hades Session on the Sun!  Miss you too and sending lots of love your way! cool

Sandy

Sandy

I know a place ....

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

..."shoo flies, don't bother Joe."    wink

I said it: stuff for blues songs.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

The sun is angry here my friends. We have been invaded by flies.  The earth bakes, the wind blows and we are churning out our special brand of blues and rock yet again for your listening pleasure.  I have discovered that I am the victim of the worst farmer's tan in history.  All work and little play make Joe's arms two different colors.  Things are good here in the fertile crescent.  Hope everybody is having a happy and safe summer..  Global warming.. Debate it all you want.. Come to Greece in August.  Its like living on the freaking sun.. Miss all of you guys and gals..
Joe Bonamassa

The earth bakes, the wind blows

Great title for a JoBo guitar opus.....

"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips...."

JB LP Goldtop No. 290- Aged...rather like me.

Joe, your best worst farmer's tan could never compete with my Dad's.  he gets one for the ages every year.  It always starts out as a one armed one from sticking his left arm out the car window and gets updates regularly, depending on wardrobe choices or lack thereof, on the golf courses of upstate New York., with regular Florida and California off season selections.  He ends up like an asymmetrically patched together Pooh Corner type stuffed zebra sometimes...
It was 100 here today by the way.  Hope the recording and hanging is proceeding with enjoyment(s) along the way.

Rock ON, Keep Stretching, & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:

Joe, your best worst farmer's tan could never compete with my Dad's.  he gets one for the ages every year.  It always starts out as a one armed one from sticking his left arm out the car window

That´s why women should drive sometimes, too.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Thanks for the forum postcard Joe, oh no ya got the "Farmers Tan Blues"
you and the guys are missed on the road and coming to a town near you but that will change in October, hope you and the guys are having some proper "Chillax" (my favourite word) and making some damn fine kicka$$ noise, bet the locals are glad your stuck out there at the studios rather than in downtown Oia  big_smile
yep Greek islands in August that where the fire hits the sea at 40+ degrees
mucho jealous of those evenings there and world famous sunsets while sipping a cold one with some trad greek

Chillax

............ Michael

is Bogie's diving improving, did someone say 5.9

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Rocket wrote:

Joe, your best worst farmer's tan could never compete with my Dad's.  he gets one for the ages every year.  It always starts out as a one armed one from sticking his left arm out the car window and gets updates regularly, depending on wardrobe choices or lack thereof, on the golf courses of upstate New York., with regular Florida and California off season selections.  He ends up like an asymmetrically patched together Pooh Corner type stuffed zebra sometimes...
It was 100 here today by the way.  Hope the recording and hanging is proceeding with enjoyment(s) along the way.

Rock ON, Keep Stretching, & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

That is hilarious, your dad's condition is exactly what I have going on. I totally misinterpreted Joe's statement about having the farmer's tan yesterday, he's only talking about the two-toned condition on both arms. The only way that would be bothersome is if he wore shirts like Jeff Beck with no sleeves whatsoever. I got home last night and told my son what I posted as a response, and he said I was an idiot for thinking that one of Joe's forearms was darker than the other.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Could one of you better-informed Bonamaniacs enlighten me? Maybe I've missed something. Is this a new Joe Bonamassa CD Joe's recording, or the rumored second BCC CD?

Don&Jocelyn wrote:

Could one of you better-informed Bonamaniacs enlighten me? Maybe I've missed something. Is this a new Joe Bonamassa CD Joe's recording, or the rumored second BCC CD?

New JB CD   cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

29 (edited by Don&Jocelyn 2010-08-20 11:57:38)

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

New JB CD   cool

Cool! Thanks Patty!

That reminds me, and I apologize for going off-topic, but I have a picture of you and your sister at Crossroads. How can I get it to you? It seems like posting email addresses on this site -- or indeed, any public site -- would be an invitation for copious amounts of spam. But also, I'm not on Facebook or any of those photo sharing sites. Any other ideas?

Don&Jocelyn wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

New JB CD   cool

Cool! Thanks Patty!

That reminds me, and I apologize for going off-topic, but I have a picture of you and your sister at Crossroads. How can I get it to you? It seems like posting email addresses on this site -- or indeed, any public site -- would be an invitation for copious amounts of spam. But also, I'm not on Facebook or any of those photo sharing sites. Any other ideas?

Just edit your profile to include your em. It will be sent as a forum message to your em and you can then respond without the link being publicized.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hope everybody is having a happy and safe summer..  Global warming.. Debate it all you want..  Miss all of you guys and gals..
Joe Bonamassa

Kalisperos!
The only weekend with hot weather was my bike weekend to your gigs at Gent and Bonn. It seems we have to follow you for having some good weather! wink
Miss you to and have to wait 'till Groningen, Amsterdam and Breda!
CU.

32 (edited by Rocket 2010-08-20 15:46:03)

Don&Jocelyn wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

New JB CD   cool

Cool! Thanks Patty!

Folks, I am not on Facebook, my Email has been the same for about 3 years, I post it right here when I feel someone might not find it by checking my profile.  Once every quarter I get a "greeting card" phish attempt. That is it.  It is darockette88@yahoo.com.  I get zero spam.  I have another Email account for that.    IDEA: We'll individually add you both to our "big lists" of email blast addresses.  Everyone has my address, I will not touch Facebook at present for special reasons, so I suffer as I see NO pictures from Facebook being mentioned here. To quoteth a blues song, "It's My Own Fault"sad

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Thanks for the update, Joe, can't wait to hear what you've got cooking.  Nothing say summertime like smokin' hot blues and rock and roll!

34 (edited by It's Me 2010-08-21 21:52:00)

Thanks for your update Joe.  The California June gloom lasted into July here and now August is starting to heat up to our normal desert heat.  You should be looking forward to more heat when you get home.  cool   I'm looking forward to hearing some new music from you.  Take care and stay cool.

P S , I bet the Domaldes there are awsome!

That's a good mood for some "smokey" blues CD

Joe sounds like a new title "Farmer Tan Blues"

PS, see you in Orlando in Dec where you can still wear shorts and tie shirts.  cool

Joe -

If you think it's hot in Greece...wait until you land in LA.

Record setting heat on tap for the next few days.  should cool off by the weekend.

Enjoy your time at home.