Topic: Day 19 Santorini 2010

The sun is angry here my friends. We have been invaded by flies.  The earth bakes, the wind blows and we are churning out our special brand of blues and rock yet again for your listening pleasure.  I have discovered that I am the victim of the worst farmer's tan in history.  All work and little play make Joe's arms two different colors.  Things are good here in the fertile crescent.  Hope everybody is having a happy and safe summer..  Global warming.. Debate it all you want.. Come to Greece in August.  Its like living on the freaking sun.. Miss all of you guys and gals..
Joe Bonamassa

Re: Day 19 Santorini 2010

A lot of stuff for several good blues songs.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

3 (edited by HellRot 2010-08-19 11:06:17)

That's a good mood for some "smokey" blues CD  cool  lol

Hang on, Joe, we had some +40C here in Moscow with all that smog from the fires around.  sad 

That was "burning hell, burning hell... burning he-aaaaallll!!!!"  wink

lol  lol  lol  Can you send the sun to the UK please, Joe.

Hope you and the guys are keeping well hydrated and laying down some good rocking blues for us..... We're missing you too.....Please keep us updated on progress.

Looking forward to seeing you in the UK in October ....... there'll be a welcoming party on your first night at Folkestone.  big_smile

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

5 (edited by Brack 2010-08-19 11:19:30)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Hope everybody is having a happy and safe summer.. 

I for one am thanks Joe. Santorini is a beautiful place. Good to hear you're getting some work done, as well as enjoying the great weather!
Have you visited the Hot Thermal Mud Springs ? If not, i recommend a visit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJj_M0aafeY

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

So in honor of the occasion, being at Black Rock, battling flies, I believe that Joe should cover Black Fly by ZZ Top.  lol

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Thanks for the message Joe. I bet you drink the cool white wine, sauvignon blanc by the dozen. How where the cigars, just wondering if they what they told me they would be. Summer was great, Gran Canaria, Luzerne but the last 2 weeks a lot, really a lot of rain in Holland.
Hope you're all very satisfied with the Album and have a save trip home all of you and enjoy the time off ( if there is any!)

See you in November.

Andre Wittebroek

thanks Joe for posting this, "special brand" indeed. Glad you at least have some wind. I have the same problem with my arms, left is much darker because it is hung out the window of my car. Just hose down the other arm with that fake Coppertone stuff, for important occasions. Look forward to another update, we'll buy them as fast as you can get them finished.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Now, let's see...Great time but too HOT at Crossroads. Home to a broken hot water heater, flooded basement, then the "Chicago Crud" followed up by a root canal for good measure. Breath, empty basement, repaint, new flooring..broken a/c, repaired, electric crisis and $2000 into new wiring etc..now my back is out of whack sad  ...so, hot in Greece sounds doable. There's bound to be a pool somewhere. And, God bless a/c.  The memories of these days will bring a smile to your face for decades to come. My best to all and see you in Holland.   Cathy

Yes Joe, we can tell you are suffering. Beautiful scenery, nice looking ladies in the photos, sea side dining with spectacular sunsets....  roll

Just keep on keeping on and we will understand. It's a rough life style but someone's got to do it.  big_smile
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Is it August already?

WTF?
BJJ

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:

Is it August already?
WTF?
BJJ

The last week in Germany felt already like autumn.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

that is just not fair G, we are still baking in it with very little or no wind. Actually BJJ does get a little wind. Truth be known, nobody has suffered this summer more than Deezer in Arkansas. I have watched their temps soar to incredible heat indexes day after day. We associate cooler weather with American football season here, please send some ASASP.

Tres

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Hang in there Joe Bonamassa.....maybe a little homesickness on top of it all?  Missing you immensely here in the flood ravaged hot & humid midwest...........can't wait to see you walk out on some stage somewhere............saving the pennies.....hoping Iowa is a destination for the Bonabus......as always, you're the greatest & can't wait to hear BR2!!
                                                              luv ya lots & hugs to you
                                                                                 smile  luvs  cool

P.S.  Wishing the nasty old flies leave you be...."shoo flies, don't bother Joe."    wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Thanks for the update Joe! It's about 75 degrees in my office, with comfortable temperatures...wanna trade places??
Ooops, nobody would want to listen to anything I'd record, lol!
Stay where you are and best of luck. We're all looking forward to the outcome!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

August 19th and my boat still has not seen the water this year. Work is crazy, with the heat and the rain I should just turn over my lawnmowing duties to the dairy farm around the corner (making hay while the sun shines). At least I'm fortunate to be working. Stuck here on Lawn Guyland for another night...

Joe have you ever thought about going to the Aegean in January?  lol

Major Tom to ground control...

Did you write a song about the heat in Greece?  Doesn't matter.  Can't wait to hear the new stuff. 
It's hot here in Florida too, but I promise cooler days are on the way.  Look forward to seeing you in Jacksonville, Orlando and Hollywood in December  Especially Orlando.   I promise you cooler weather.  cool

Take care and safe travels...

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

White (hot) Rock?