Re: Ryan McGarvey

wharris wrote:

How can I hear his music? I can't find it anywhere online (iTunes, Napster, etc.)

This thread is full of youtube links (and not just films of mine!) that will give you a perfect idea of what Ryan sounds like live. I sure hope that you have checked some of them out. If you like what you hear, then order the cd, 'Forward in Reverse'.

edit - if you're on FB, go and check the Ryan McGarvey Musician/Band page, more music links there.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

wharris wrote:

How can I hear his music? I can't find it anywhere online (iTunes, Napster, etc.)

He is available on Amazon.       
  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? … 20McGarvey      Cathy

Guenter wrote:
Blues Sissi wrote:

Guenter, say hello to Manni at the merch and write something into the tourbook.
I'll give Manni something for you and Eva ... surprise, surprise ...

Really a surprise: thank you so much, Eva!

Having seen Ryan at Schöppingen in spring I had high expectations - and I was not disappointed. I think they are even better now, including the new drummer. Ryan gave us a lecture what you can do with a guitar - not at all in a showing off way, but - as Thomas described it so well - in a passionate and soulful way.
The venue was rather a bit empty - Bayern München and Rammstein playing at the same time-  , but in one or two year we´ll proudly say: WE have seen Ryan still in a small venue with 50 people.
Wonderful evening!
Günter

What more can I say? Absolutely fantastic show ... and as everyone has already said: the small venues will be history very soon. wink He has the talent and the passion to play in the "big league".

Thanks Eva for the great buttons! What a surprise...  smile

Eva

OMG! OMG!  cool   tongue    cool

So good....two shows in one day....new films to come, including an insane, KILLER version of Hey Joe. A wonderful day out with forum buddies Annelies, Bibi, Blues Sissi, Julia and Andre W.
More tomorrow, it's 4:50 am now.

RIP Iron Man

Here it is - enjoy!!  cool  More to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLuRKX0 … e=youtu.be

RIP Iron Man

Very nice indeed smile

Amsterhammer wrote:

Here it is - enjoy!!  cool  More to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLuRKX0 … e=youtu.be

Already made a comment on YouTube, but that's a great video George. Thanks much for posting it up! cool

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Every time I hear him I am amazed. Hey Joe is stunning! I think this is your best film so far G, and what a song!! If I can't get him near to Maryland, I may have to try Europe next year because he's going to out grow small clubs very soon, just as Eva predicts.    Cathy

wharris wrote:

I noticed he's on Last.fm

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Stunning George, absolutely stunning. He certainly can play and has some nice tricks too.  cool

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Visited 9 shows of this tour. Yesterday the last 2 ones. Wow, wow, wow! What a guitarist, what a band, what a sound!
Voice and songs also VERY good. Spoke to ppl in the audience and except for one who "wants to avoid hypes", they all are gobsmaked. Several ppl made a lot of miles to see him on stage again. A succesfull tour, since he's got the attention of the venue owners. Can't wait to see him here in Europe again!!!

same with us from the south........................we wanna see him back. looks like he really infected a lot of people allready, but its true he is very very good and a pleasure to listen and watch. only saw him one time but hopefully not the last.
Thomas

cathysiler wrote:

Every time I hear him I am amazed. Hey Joe is stunning! I think this is your best film so far G, and what a song!! If I can't get him near to Maryland, I may have to try Europe next year because he's going to out grow small clubs very soon, just as Eva predicts.    Cathy

Thanks Hon! With all due modesty, this Hey Joe is indeed my best film ever (not hard in view of my general standard). Over 100 hits in just a couple of days is amazing going compared to the hits I usually get!  big_smile

Everything came together, most importantly Ryan's playing, which created an immediate magical buzz in the relatively small audience. I consider myself truly fortunate to have witnessed nine Ryan shows this year, four in June and five now. Trust me, this boy will be huge one day!  cool

RIP Iron Man

The last gig at Blues-Rhede yesterday was sensational, like so many other gigs.
Ryan, Bjorn and Justin blew the roof off.
I'm very grateful that I've seen so many shows and met so many incredible nice people.
November 2011 is a month I won't forget.

cool  lol  cool 
HuuuuuHuuuuuHuuuuu Hey Yeah Yeah

http://www.bluesmoosebookings.com/ryanmcgarvey

May/June blocked.

trdb wrote:

Can someone remind Ryan's management that the UK is part of Europe.

I met Ryan in LA last September and he said he had a European tour coming up and was looking forward to visiting the UK.

Two tours later he has still to visit.

Joe did not visit the UK on his first European tour but things really kicked off when he eventually got here - albeit after a lot of hard work!

Don't you worry, Ryan loves to come over to the UK. But as said in another thread: it makes more sense if there are some more shows booked. And the time wherin this two tours where arranged it was too late for a proper Uk tour. But we are working currently on that to make it happen. That also counts for regions as Danmark, Sweden, Norway and France , Spain and Italy.  Well all the world a matter of fact. Ryan is absolutely worldclass material. It is for the world to find that out he is. That means:  play a lot in different places and have the love and support of fans around the world. And that fanbase is growing!!!

Some fans helped us with some leads. thank your for that.

info#bluesmoosebookings.com

all the best

Rob

Nog 143 nachtjes slapen :-)
11-12 May 2012 - Kwadendamme Blues Festival, NL

HuuuuuHuuuuuHuuuuu Hey Yeah Yeah

According to Manni´s FB post, Ryan is around in Europe from end of April to June.

https://www.facebook.com/events/363176667030299/?ref=ts

Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith