Re: Ryan McGarvey

Cafe de Comm, Groesbeek, Netherlands - acoustic set of Ryan & band:

http://www.youtube.com/user/retlawv#p/u/11/jirMB4osJ8s
http://www.youtube.com/user/retlawv#p/u/10/9eJx_Zw-bfY
http://www.youtube.com/user/retlawv#p/u/8/MyccRTQDdoM
It was nearly the same set that Ryan normally plays electric, but it was so different.

Check the youtube channel of retlawv if you want more, it seems that he filmed the whole gig :-) Thanks buddy.

I'm so grateful that I could be there.
It was a magic night.

Konzertbericht von Rocktimes des Akustik Konzerts in Groesbeek:
http://www.rocktimes.de/gesamt/m/ryan_m … k11_2.html

Schade, wir hatten dem Redakteur auch etwas - fast unbemerkt - auf den Spickzettel geschrieben. Unsere Kommentare haben's aber nicht in den Bericht geschafft. Ist aber auch so ein ordentlicher Konzertbericht draus geworden.  cool

Many thanks for all these Blues Sissi!!!  smile  smile  smile
cool  cool  cool

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:

Many thanks for all these Blues Sissi!!!  smile  smile  smile
cool  cool  cool

Rocket

I'm glad I don't trample on other's nerves.
Here's another review (Dutch) and an interview with the band (English):
http://www.bluesmagazine.nl/ryan-mcgarv … ember-2011

And I remember that I neglected to tell Ryan something from you ... will do that next weekend. Promised.

Can someone remind Ryan's management that the UK is part of Europe.

I met Ryan in LA last September and he said he had a European tour coming up and was looking forward to visiting the UK.

Two tours later he has still to visit.

Joe did not visit the UK on his first European tour but things really kicked off when he eventually got here - albeit after a lot of hard work!

Hey its been a while last time I was on the forum but amsterhammer asked me to tell something about ryan because I was at the Blues in the schools last monday!
ryan answered a lot of questions and playd a few songs, they all sounded great! didn't even know him that long before he came to the netherlands actually.. but i can't stop listening now I know his music:) But I want to hear more so i'm also going to his gig the 26th! Afterwards I had the chance to meet him and the band and even had lunch with them thanks to andre. It was a great day ill never forget! He's very talented and im sure he's gonna make it far! guess he has some more touring to do in america.. smile

xJulia

trdb wrote:

I met Ryan in LA last September and he said he had a European tour coming up and was looking forward to visiting the UK.

Joe did not visit the UK on his first European tour but things really kicked off when he eventually got here - albeit after a lot of hard work!

Both tours began with fans finding dates before Ryan hooked up with Bluesmoose. If you have venues you think would be interested, follow thru. I'm hoping for a US tour at some point!! Very jealous of my friends on the Continent!   Cathy

Juliavandewarenburg wrote:

Hey its been a while last time I was on the forum but amsterhammer asked me to tell something about ryan because I was at the Blues in the schools last monday!
ryan answered a lot of questions and playd a few songs, they all sounded great! didn't even know him that long before he came to the netherlands actually.. but i can't stop listening now I know his music:) But I want to hear more so i'm also going to his gig the 26th! Afterwards I had the chance to meet him and the band and even had lunch with them thanks to andre. It was a great day ill never forget! He's very talented and im sure he's gonna make it far! guess he has some more touring to do in america.. smile

xJulia

Happy for you!! Loved the pic. You make a cute couple! lol   Cathy

xJulia

Thank you for responding so quickly, Julia!  big_smile

I'm glad that you'll be able to see Ryan doing a proper show too, even though I'm sure that the BITS was both informative and fun.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

cathysiler wrote:
trdb wrote:

Both tours began with fans finding dates before Ryan hooked up with Bluesmoose. If you have venues you think would be interested, follow thru. I'm hoping for a US tour at some point!! Very jealous of my friends on the Continent!   Cathy

I have to correct Cathy here - fans did not find dates for Ryan. Some fans (me for one) tried to find him dates in the very early days before the Mooses appeared on the scene. Once they hooked up, they did all the bookings.

As for the UK, perhaps Ryan needs to hook up with someone else to find UK venues. The catch is that they need to have lots of small shows in a concentrated time frame in order to make the trip to Europe viable.

Don't worry Eva, Bibi and I relayed Rocket greetings to Ryan.  wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

trdb wrote:

A few days ago I submitted a list of 8 venues in the UK to the Bluesmoose guys who do the booking.
And I wrote the names of the venues into Ryan's tourbook ... and I heard that they want to bring Ryan to the UK.
If you know a good club, send them a link with the Bluesemoose Youtube vids. It worked in Germany, why not in the UK.

Julia, great to hear that the Blues in Schools was great. See you the 26. Will you be in Wijk or Mook? Or both gigs? Think a number of followers will be there me included.

138 (edited by Rocket 2011-11-18 03:47:58)

Amsterhammer wrote:

Don't worry Eva, Bibi and I relayed Rocket greetings to Ryan.  wink

Thanks Bibi and George!  smile
I hope to return the flavor one day soon!  wink

Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

cathysiler wrote:

ryan answered a lot of questions and playd a few songs, they all sounded great! didn't even know him that long before he came to the netherlands actually.. but i can't stop listening now I know his music:) But I want to hear more so i'm also going to his gig the 26th! Afterwards I had the chance to meet him and the band and even had lunch with them thanks to andre. It was a great day ill never forget! He's very talented and im sure he's gonna make it far! guess he has some more touring to do in america.. :)

xJulia

Happy for you!! Loved the pic. You make a cute couple! lol   Cathy

hahaha thanks cathy, if he only lived a little closer to the netherlands... :p

Blues Sissi wrote:
trdb wrote:

A few days ago I submitted a list of 8 venues in the UK to the Bluesmoose guys who do the booking.
And I wrote the names of the venues into Ryan's tourbook ... and I heard that they want to bring Ryan to the UK.
If you know a good club, send them a link with the Bluesemoose Youtube vids. It worked in Germany, why not in the UK.

Julia, great to hear that the Blues in Schools was great. See you the 26. Will you be in Wijk or Mook? Or both gigs? Think a number of followers will be there me included.

Cathy

I have passed on links to 2 promoters that I know that would love to book Ryan and happy to remind them.

Tom

Spirit of 66, Verviers, Belgium - 21 Nov. 2011

Yesterday was once again very special. Won some Meet & Greet Tix from Rocktimes  lol
So, for me the concert started with the soundcheck followed by a dinner with the band & Manni and then an absolute breathtaking concert.
Don't know how it's gonna work that the band gets better and better from concert to concert  cool
Verviers was unbelievable ... the crowd forgot to move, to talk and nearly to breathe ... but not to clap hands and make some good noises at the end of the concert.
So we got 2 stunning encores: A million miles away followed by Hey Joe.

lol  cool  lol

Munich- Yesterday Evening

first i have to thank günter and eva who have put me on the name ryan mc garvey. since a few hours i know that i will watch and follow what he will do in the future. he was outstanding, fantastic and it was something like a new star was born.
well, maybe a bit to much said.
for me ryan hits the right notes and finds the perfect tunes that goes in my bone, he got a way to play that not only goes into my ears but goes deeper and hits the soul. allready after the first two or three songs i was standing there and only said wow is that great. everthing looked easy and he plays with lots of passion.
sure he is extremely fast and technical perfect, but there is something else he got which is hard to discribe. its these tunes he gets out of his guitars what you expect from the "big"ones or from those who got big names allready, soulfull powerfull and really touching.
for me it was one of the best concerts i have been to this year and i am sure he will make his way up.
i dont know about the setlist, but if the concert wasnt enough, he played " a million miles away" as encore which was more than a perfect end for that evening.
glad to be there with günter, eva, ben and even my son and his girl friend came around. wonderfull evening had by all
except the traffic jam out of munich at midnight.
Thomas

Blues Sissi wrote:

Guenter, say hello to Manni at the merch and write something into the tourbook.
I'll give Manni something for you and Eva ... surprise, surprise ...

Really a surprise: thank you so much, Eva!

Having seen Ryan at Schöppingen in spring I had high expectations - and I was not disappointed. I think they are even better now, including the new drummer. Ryan gave us a lecture what you can do with a guitar - not at all in a showing off way, but - as Thomas described it so well - in a passionate and soulful way.
The venue was rather a bit empty - Bayern München and Rammstein playing at the same time-  , but in one or two year we´ll proudly say: WE have seen Ryan still in a small venue with 50 people.
Wonderful evening!
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

How can I hear his music? I can't find it anywhere online (iTunes, Napster, etc.)