Re: Joe B Business Cards

Good news Jim... thanks for your efforts.

Music is good for the Soul...

As much as we'd all like new stickers (I have the ones you sent me in a frame, Jane), the reason behind not having them available at shows is that people often buy them and stick them on bathroom mirrors, elevators, etc. Lots of places won't even allow stickers to be sold in their venues anymore.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

Joanie wrote:

As much as we'd all like new stickers (I have the ones you sent me in a frame, Jane), the reason behind not having them available at shows is that people often buy them and stick them on bathroom mirrors, elevators, etc. Lots of places won't even allow stickers to be sold in their venues anymore.

yeah...that has always bothered me a bit. I see band stickers everywhere (street signs, toll booths, etc.), often defacing public property. In my opinion, that sends the wrong kind of message.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Business card update. I am working on getting the artwork done for the cards. Stu has agreed to having the file available to download from bonamassabluesrock.com It will be in the Street Team section.

I will also be printing cards that we will give away to anyone sending a stamped self addressed return envelope.

I am deviating from the JB logo design to something I think will be more recognizeable. Damn I wish I had a few this weekend. I need to get on this. Been kind of busy but trying not to drop the ball.

I'd like to have some this weekend, too. I'll have a captive audience at several shows - Styx, Indigenous, Ronny Baker Brooks, Guitar Shorty, and Shane Dwight. What better way to advertise Joe's August run in the Southwest or his November gig at the famous Belly Up Tavern than to hand someone a reminder?

I may have to create a few temp cards until the official ones are ready.

The blues isn't about a look or a specific sound, the blues is something deep within. But the sound doesn't hurt things, you know? ~ Ben Hernandez

I'm a graphic artist, I would love to do the designing of the card based on everyone's input. I missed out on the t-shirt contest and have been waiting for something like this to come up again.

Jim, once the cards are close to being printed will you please let us know on the Street Team section of the board when and where we should send you a self addressed/stamped envelope for some cards.  I know I would like to have some to hand out in the Pittsburgh/Western PA area.  Thanks, Barbara

I have the file which is photo ready. I can e-mail it directly to anyone now and they can burn a disc and take it into Kinkos to print them now. Stu will have the file on the Street Team page at www.bonamassabluesrock.com
to down load as soon as he can. I will not be able to get them bulk printed for a few days possibly weeks from the company that gave me the extremely reasonable price. So if you would like the file e-mail me and I will send it to you now. I will be getting some printed today and let you know how much it cost.

jamesm7@cox.net

45 (edited by jim m 2006-06-22 10:24:16)

I had 500 printed on 80lb laser card stock for $37.00 The cut charges is what hurts. About $17.00 dollars worth.
the cards are about $4.00 a hundred. You can cut them yourselves to save some money.

For those of you that don't want to wait till I get them done in bulk that is an option. e-mail me for the file. Also working on a way to display the proof so you can see what the design looks like.

Hi Jim,

Will the file print to a 2" x 3-1/2" card?  Or can I modify it?

I print my own business cards and will print as I need them. 

email on the way.

Thanks a bunch.

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

The camera ready art is set 10 up on a page for regular card size. I will have a copy of the file available on disc that can be manipulated. I don't know if you can manipulate the file I currently have.

jim m wrote:

The camera ready art is set 10 up on a page for regular card size. I will have a copy of the file available on disc that can be manipulated. I don't know if you can manipulate the file I currently have.

Is that PC or MAC format?  I would love a disc so that I can print them myself. Let me know when you have some available and I can send you stuff for shipping or the $$$ to cover.

Thanks! smile
Julie in Green Bay

It was made on a Mac in a PDF file. I hope that helps. e-mail me your address and I will send it out.

Depends Jane on how you alter it. Adding your website might not be appropriate. If of course you had one. I guess you get where I'm going with it. If size matters than knock yourselves out. If content matters than I would hope you would make your own.  This is an authorized Street Team project.

My comment was not to add content to it.  Just wondering if I could manipulate it if necessary.  My printer gets a complex every once in a while.

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

52 (edited by Joanie 2006-06-27 03:51:29)

I wouldn't add a thing to whatever Jim's included on the cards. However, we should reformat if needed to print clearly.

Jim, expect an email from me - I want to ensure plenty of promo before the August shows out this way.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Jim, the cards are awesome!

jim m wrote:

Stu will have the file on the Street Team page at www.bonamassabluesrock.com to down load as soon as he can. I will not be able to get them bulk printed for a few days possibly weeks from the company that gave me the extremely reasonable price. So if you would like the file e-mail me and I will send it to you now. I will be getting some printed today and let you know how much it cost.

jamesm7@cox.net

A sample image and a link to the camera-ready .pdf file now appears on the Fan Website. You can go directly to the page at http://www.bonamassabluesrock.com/street_team3.html