Re: Joe B Business Cards

Nick wrote:

Good idea with the business cards/ flyers , i'll shoot the idea to Management and see what happens,

I talked to the Boss about the business card thing this weekend. He didn't seem as excited as I thought he would about the idea. Any way I still think it is a good idea and will have to have a better presentation at the next meeting. Get some sample cards done and a cost estimate before bringing it up again. How did you do on your end Nick?

Stu,
I guess we are still working on it. That is all I have to report at this time. Anybody sees Joe out there tell him what a good idea it is please.

jim m

We will not be seeing Joe for another a couple of weeks, but definately will mention it to him then.  It is important for people who attend the shows, especially for the first time, to have a take away so they will go to Joe's website.  Hopefully they will sign up for the forum/street team.  The business card would be an excellent way to accomplish that.  Thanks for your efforts Jim, Nick and Stu.

Music is good for the Soul...

i am getting the same unexcited feedback from management, as u guys may already the decision lies with Joe.

Nick wrote:

i am getting the same unexcited feedback from management, as u guys may already the decision lies with Joe.

I think the most important thing about the card idea is directing new fans to the official site and the proper spelling of Joe's name so when they walk into Barnes and Noble they can say BONAMASSA and they won't get results for Bossanova like I got yesterday.

I did get an e-mail from B&N today letting me know the release date and asking if I wanted to order it.
Barnes & Noble my new favorite retailer.

jim m

jim m wrote:
Nick wrote:

I think the most important thing about the card idea is directing new fans to the official site and the proper spelling of Joe's name so when they walk into Barnes and Noble they can say BONAMASSA and they won't get results for Bossanova like I got yesterday.

I did get an e-mail from B&N today letting me know the release date and asking if I wanted to order it.
Barnes & Noble my new favorite retailer.

jim m

Jim, I agree that the important thing is getting new fans to the website & the correct spelling of Joe's name. I thought some type of card would be good, just because I always seem to be looking for a scrap of paper and a pen to write down the Joe's name/website for people. I probably hand out the website address a couple times a week. I can always handwrite or print some of these in advance so I have them when needed.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

24 (edited by Stu Craig 2006-06-02 09:05:53)

I'm wondering if we really need Management behind this if all we want to do is hand out business cards with Joe's name and website on them? I could see it if we were asking Premier to fund this activity, or if we wanted to make some unusual and/or potentially controversial statement. What I had thought we could do is just have interested Street Team members order the free cards from vista print and we would be off and running.

I agree that Management and Joe should have the final say/ok as to what's on them, but I think we should simply move forward with this. A very simple card that says "Discover Joe Bonamassa" and then has Joe's Website URL on them...or something along those lines. Maybe an additional line or two at the bottom of the card that reads, "This card provided courtesy of the Joe Bonamassa Street Team."

It's no different than after telling someone about Joe we pull out a piece of paper and write down his name and website. I think we're trying to make this too complicated?

Thanks Stu for netting this out.  You are right, it does not and is not complicated.  Our goal is to increase fan support and spread the word.  I would like to have some in hand for the Atlanta show on the 17th.  This is just one very simple thing that we all could do and it seems that their is a lot of fan support to do this. 

We will wait to hear what we can do...

David A. wrote:

Thanks Stu for netting this out.  You are right, it does not and is not complicated.  Our goal is to increase fan support and spread the word.  I would like to have some in hand for the Atlanta show on the 17th.  This is just one very simple thing that we all could do and it seems that their is a lot of fan support to do this. 

We will wait to hear what we can do...

I would recommend going to www.vistaprint.com and click on the FREE BUSINESS CARDS logo in the upper right corner of the page. Pick your background, enter your text, and you're good to go.

I experimented with one this morning, with the blue water background I think on page 3 of the available backgrounds. I typed "Discover Joe Bonamassa!" in the main line, and then "Visit www.jbonamassa.com" in line 2. Then I skipped 1 line and entered "for photographs, tour dates, audio and video clips" Then the last 2 lines I put "This card a courtesy of The Joe Bonamassa Street Team." 

It looked ok but I didn't save it or order it at the time. The neat think about their website is that you can try several different designs and see what looks the best before ordering.

As to the management issue, I think all we need to do is say, "This is what we want to do on our own. As long as we stay within (insert text here) agreed guidelines, are you opposed to this?" and then just do it.

Done deal, ordered 250...  Should have them by the 16th.

Stu Craig wrote:

I'm wondering if we really need Management behind this if all we want to do is hand out business cards with Joe's name and website on them? I could see it if we were asking Premier to fund this activity, or if we wanted to make some unusual and/or potentially controversial statement. What I had thought we could do is just have interested Street Team members order the free cards from vista print and we would be off and running.

I agree that Management and Joe should have the final say/ok as to what's on them, but I think we should simply move forward with this. A very simple card that says "Discover Joe Bonamassa" and then has Joe's Website URL on them...or something along those lines. Maybe an additional line or two at the bottom of the card that reads, "This card provided courtesy of the Joe Bonamassa Street Team."

It's no different than after telling someone about Joe we pull out a piece of paper and write down his name and website. I think we're trying to make this too complicated?

I was thinking that Premier would provide these to the Street Team officially and that they would also have them available at shows. People come up to the merch table all the time to talk with out buying and it would be good to be able to send them away with something to remeber Joe's name by. Also so they can spell it when they order online. Also saves them from having to do a web search where they might find some unofficial website and I ain't talkin bout yours Stu.

I always make things too complicated. You are right  the only negative comment from Joe was the cost of the cards they used to have. If it is a Street Team activity I'm sure they won't mind if it is done how you propose.

jim m

Jim, I hope I didn't come off wrong, it wasn't my intent to sound or be critical. I liked your idea as well...!

Stu,

Not in any way my bonabrother. I think it is great for the Street Team to be able to make their own and get it done now. Just another tool. The official cards I'm thinking of are much more complicated and expensive for Joe B. to get done. I am still going to push for it. Just working the chain of command.

jim m

I will have a proof and a cost estimate for Joe. I will be seeing him Friday. I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.
He can't say no to me any way. Nick I will e-mail you a proof.

jim m

thanks ....send it to nick@jbonamassa.com

Howzabout a "joe played here " sticker  or" bonamassa boogied here" card that could be left after the gig by a street team member or someone

jim m wrote:

I will have a proof and a cost estimate for Joe. I will be seeing him Friday. I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.
He can't say no to me any way. Nick I will e-mail you a proof.

jim m

Jim you are a thug! Seriously, what/how was his response?

Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I have permision to proceed. He told me what he wanted on the card. Basicly JB logo his name with the Web adress. The logo is full color which will affect the cost estimate I got. The cards will be distributed to Street Team members. How that is done must be worked out. 

The next step is getting them made.

jim m wrote:

I have permision to proceed. He told me what he wanted on the card. Basicly JB logo his name with the Web adress. The logo is full color which will affect the cost estimate I got. The cards will be distributed to Street Team members. How that is done must be worked out. 

The next step is getting them made.

Excellent!