Topic: Fort Wayne Embassy show....Dec 23rd.....my revue...

Joe Bonamassa did what Joe Bonamassa does tonight......he played every guitar note known to man in 2 hours and had a great time doing it....highlights for me tonight were "mountain time" Joe's live version from Rockpalast DVD showed through tonight, I almost had tears in my eyes.......and "asking around for you" while playing BB King's signature Lucille, the 1st time I've seen him play that guitar, and tonight's version had me feeling like I had just watched Little House on the prairie box set.....tears in my eyes........another original set of tunes we love and tunes that make all of his shows different, having had 3 shows here in Fort Wayne within' 2 years Joe delivered a show I have not seen yet from him and why we all can say that's the edge that Joe has that we all know and love. the kid that won the contest (and I could not make out his name) did a superb job and Fort Wayne show a very loud applaud and reception for this young gun....and he maintained very well, I'll bet he's still smiling all the way till next year.....another reason Joe is such a quality project, giving other talent a shot at exposure.....LD Miller a prime example........
......the down falls for me tonight were the venue (not taking anything away from the beautiful Embassy) given the no beverage no smoking venue, the crowd seemed very reserved to me, and I was sad that the entire place was not on their feet at the 1st initial appearance of Joe back in Fort Wayne and even the end I thought the place would explode and STAND UP FOR JOE!!!.....now granted thats not any of you who are reading this right now but thats my 2 cents on the show.........I'm still wired and listening to Joe tunes tonight.......have a great holiday...

BEERinc...sometimes a name says it all...

Re: Fort Wayne Embassy show....Dec 23rd.....my revue...

I was there too! I thought the crowd gave some nice standing ovations. Unfortunately it wasn't everyone, but it seemed to be the majority. You could tell Joe appreciated it. The setlist, as best I remember is as follows:

Just Got Paid/Dazed and Confused
Walk in My Shadows
Mountain Time
Bridge To Better Days
So Many Roads
If Heartaches Were Nickels (acoustic)
Miss You, Hate You (acoustic)
Woke Up Dreaming (acoustic)
Django
Had To Cry Today
Starship Trooper/Heart of the Sunrise
ENCORE
Asking Around For You, dedicated to a friend who died this year. It was one of his favorites.
You Upset Me Baby, featuring the young Ft. Wayne guitarist (because this is the same song BB let Joe sit in on)

AMAZING show. There's no better musician on the planet. The man has more talent in his pinkie than entire record labels have. Bridge to Better Days was fun to see live. He kinda forgot the words to Heartaches because it had been so long. He asked the crowd to sing along. It was weird to hear it on acoustic so the crowd was struggling with anything that wasn't the chorus. Woke Up Dreaming was PHENOMONAL. It was the most incredible guitar playing I've ever seen and got maybe the longest standing ovation afterwards. It was great to see one of my favorites, Had to Cry Today back on the set list, and I always loved the Yes outro to that song. Asking Around For You is another favorite, and my girlfriend was there. That's "our song" so that was special. Got to get a picture with him after, and this was the best show from him I've ever seen! The man is incredible...on a completely different level from all the competition. It's not fair to compare to him. Joe, have a happy holidays and come back to Indiana (Bloomington next time!) soon!!!

Evan

My wife & I were there too. Awesome show and my wife has been raving about it all day. She's now a true Joe Bonamassa fan. We had balcony seats and they were good, the sound was pretty good as well.  This was my reward for taking her to see Tim McGraw & Faith Hill this summer.

We drove 2 hours up from Indianapolis to see Joe and were not disappointed.  I will agree that the crowd was pretty tame. I think part of it was being an all-ages show and a theatre venue vs. music club scene. The lady next to me could barely muster the energy top clap at first. I think there were a lot of people there who had never heard of Joe before. But I personally love the non-smoking venues and it made the show all that much better. Had it been standing room only I'd be right there at the front of the stage.

One of the highlights from this show had to have been his acoustic set. At one point the theatre was quiet as Joe was ripping it up, and someone from the balcony yelled "you're sick!" (a compliment actually) and he stopped, the whole place got quiet, he looked up and flashed an evil grin before continuing his assault on the acoustic guitar. It was classic!

And yeah Joe bringing out that 15 year old for "You upset me baby" was a class act all the way.  I bet you can't wipe the smile off that kid's face until next month.

My wife keeps talking about his show, how much energy he played with and how long he played non-stop. She was quite impressed and we listened to "You & Me" all the way home to Indy.

My only disappointment was that he didn't play any slide guitar or break out his Chandler slide axe.  But i don't recall Joe calling me before the show for recommendations so that's OK.

Joe, if you're reading this- thank you for such an awesome show. This was my 4th time seeing you and I am never disappointed.  Your voice sounded great, your tone was great ( as usual) and I can't wait to see you again soon. Please come back to Indy next time around- I'll be there.
Frank

When I saw Joe north of Chicago last year he did not play any slide songs (which was a bit of a disappointment).  I'm hoping he fixes that for me in Cleveland in February.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster