Topic: Bloomington IL show 2-1-07

Woo hoo! Just got tickets for the Bloomington show in February!!!

No reserved seating and an acoustic duo opening act...maybe I'll just show up early, grab a seat and listen to Joe CDs while waiting.

Anybody else planning on being there?

Nancy in Chicago

I'm just saying.

Re: Bloomington IL show 2-1-07

Got my tickets also. This is going to be my first time to see Joe. I am so excited! Cant wait.

3 (edited by firin' frank 2007-01-19 16:59:50)

Possibly. At the Ft. Wayne show my wife had an awesome time and is now itching to go back. We'll see but it will likely be a last-minute trip for us.

This would make my 5th time seeing Joe!

Frank...hope you can make it.  I'm getting so psyched for this show. My husband thinks I'm nuts to want to see Joe again after we just saw two shows in December, but you can listen to the CDs only so long before you get itching to see the real thing again.

I just hoping Joe does some more shows local enough to Chicago that we can see him or I can convince the hubbie that a road trip is in order. smile

Nancy in Chicago (total fangirl)

I'm just saying.

Bears win!! Bears win!! Goin' to the Superbowl, goin' to the Superbowl!!!!

So, how awesome is this weekend going to be??

First we get to see Joe live, then a Superbowl party featuring my team, the Chicago Bears.

I'm in heaven. smile

Nancy in Chicago

I'm just saying.

Joe's a Giants fan.  He can root for Peyton Manning's brother Eli in one of those corporate suites!

Hah....

I'am sorry Nancy but Colts will win superbowl,AFC teams own the superbowl

Until they don't....

I'm just saying.

im going to this show.  i just heard so many roads on the blues station on xm radio a little over a week ago and was blown away.  I already got two of his albums, so its like that and you and me and i have been listening to the rest all nonstop on musicmatch.  Then i stumble upon his myspace page and see he is playing in bloomington in a week, an hour from where i live.  how perfect.  i have a night class so wont catch most of the openers but i am definitely leaving into to not miss any joe.  should be great.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

Hey suhl,
First time seeing Joe I assume? Have fun and let us know how it went.

And welcome to the forum!

yes it will be my first time seeing him.  i am so excited about him i am looking at this like a chance to see buddy guy or bb king when they were young, it is once in a life time, and if the concert is as good as the studio albums, and im assuming it will be even better, then i will be seeing him every chance i get

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

Great show tonight, but what was up with Bonamassa coming on a half hour early? His MySpace page clearly said 9 p.m. Only 15 minute break between acts. Was that some venue thing? I was also surprised when he wrapped up by 10:30. No question he kicked ****, but I sure would have liked to have had him go longer.

My highlights...

So Many Roads
Mountain Time
Bridge to Better Days
Miss You, Hate You

Solos were all so diverse ... never seen anyone quite like him.