Re: Beth Hart

Rob Mathes cracked me up on this one...  wink

2nd day in studio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2dtF9G … e=youtu.be

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

Great video of Beth performing I'd Rather Go Blind on Australian TV -  RocKwiz - at the Byron Bay Bluesfest. Professional video...fantastic sound...   wink

http://youtu.be/BeK9m4y73HY

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

543 (edited by Beth-O-Holic 2014-09-23 23:25:43)

Hi Jane,

Yes I agree with what was said in the article. Beth had a niche market mostly in Holland, Denmark, Norway and Germany. She headlined festivals but still it was a small market. When Don't Explain came out Europe opened up for her and she landed a record deal that covered all of Europe instead of being on different labels in different countries. Beth has stated in interviews that she credits Joe for her increase in exposure.

I agree that there are many factors, like the boost she got in the U.S. from the Kennedy Center Honors broadcast and other U.S. television appearances. I also agree it works both ways, as I too know people who discovered Joe through Beth, but when you look at overall fanbase - Joe's is much bigger. Joe tours all over the world. Beth is still mostly touring in Europe.

Joe and J&R have a serious marketing/touring/business plan in addition to the hard work of touring. My impression is that Beth has never had anything at that level when it comes to marketing - but I hope that changes in the future - especially as an American fan. The U.S. is so neglected on her touring schedule. She at least used to do a couple shows every year in L.A. and hasn't done one in a long time. I have no idea what's up with that since she lives there, but it sucks. wink

P.S. You're welcome. I really can't help myself. wink

P.P.S. Speaking of exposure...why aren't we seeing Beth & Joe Live in Amsterdam on Palladia or public television???

Jane H. wrote:

hey Beth-o-Holic , out of curiosity, do you have an opinion on what Joe said in that interview regarding his works with Beth? I get stuck on the whole - what makes a rising star reach higher heights - debate. I didn't realize that her current notoriety was influenced so much by her stuff with Joe, if I read what he said correctly. but then again I don't subscribe to the fact it is so easy to quantify when you look at the many factors, just the same as how I often refuse to accept Joe was heading for the gutter or something before he decide to trust Kevin Shirley as they describe. sure I didn't know much about her, was familiar with her sharing the stage with Jeff Beck but have friends who found Joe because he was working with her as they were already fans of hers. i thought it more of a mutual gain type of thing. i admittedly have a small musical background overall so my perspective is quite limited. i was just surprised to read that but i guess he would know. I do whole heartedly agree that the band they toured with was fantastic.

and by the way thanks for keeping us up to date here with all the Beth news

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

Beth will have a special announcement on october 6th. Just wondering what that will be... maybe the release date of the new album? or tour dates for the next year? big_smile

I’ve been at the bottom
The deep end of the ocean
Barely surviving by the dark side

Yeah, I hope it's a full press release about the new album. wink

Seesaw wrote:

Beth will have a special announcement on october 6th. Just wondering what that will be... maybe the release date of the new album? or tour dates for the next year? big_smile

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

The title of the new album will be "Better Than Home"  I cant wait to hear it!

New Interview from september 23! smile
https://m.soundcloud.com/abc-gold-coast … -beth-hart

I’ve been at the bottom

547 (edited by Beth-O-Holic 2014-10-01 20:55:37)

Seesaw wrote:

The title of the new album will be "Better Than Home"  I cant wait to hear it!

New Interview from september 23! smile
https://m.soundcloud.com/abc-gold-coast … -beth-hart

Thanks for sharing! wink

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

big_smile
I hope she will sing some of the new songs on her tour this fall smile

I’ve been at the bottom

549 (edited by Beth-O-Holic 2014-10-02 20:46:14)

Seesaw wrote:

big_smile
I hope she will sing some of the new songs on her tour this fall smile

She used to do that a lot - even work out songs during her shows way before they were on an album, but with the
age of YouTube etc she has been keeping songs secret. I actually prefer that because I want the album to be a complete
surprise. wink

Who knows, she might do one???

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

Yes! I'm agree with that! But she have already singing one of her new song once, this one's for you, that song will be one her new record. big_smile

I’ve been at the bottom

Seesaw wrote:

Yes! I'm agree with that! But she have already singing one of her new song once, this one's for you, that song will be one her new record. big_smile

I don't think I remember that one. I remember one called Fire on the Floor that was recorded backstage many months ago. I really hope that will be on the album. wink  Hopefully we'll find out all the info on Monday.

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

552 (edited by Seesaw 2014-10-03 09:33:05)

You can hear the song here: So amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xL5hKxpuDs 

Yeah, fire on the floor is great! big_smile Cross the fingers on monday then! ;-)  And btw... My california wiill comes out in vinyl in november, and paradiso will comes out in vinyl october 13th big_smile So great!

I’ve been at the bottom

Seesaw wrote:

You can hear the song here: So amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xL5hKxpuDs 

Yeah, fire on the floor is great! big_smile Cross the fingers on monday then! ;-)  And btw... My california wiill comes out in vinyl in november, and paradiso will comes out in vinyl october 13th big_smile So great!

Oh yeah! I remember hearing that almost a year ago. Great song. wink

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

New great AU Interview smile

http://www.theaureview.com/interviews/b … -bluesfest

I’ve been at the bottom

Seesaw wrote:

I guess the announcement is that there will be some U.S. gigs. Not even any cities announced except one.. Nashville. Glad for Nashville.

Not really an announcement... unless they were gonna announce all the cities and dates. Bummer. Wanted to know more info on the new album. I'll try to be patient. wink

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

Beth-O-Holic wrote:
Seesaw wrote:

I guess the announcement is that there will be some U.S. gigs. Not even any cities announced except one.. Nashville. Glad for Nashville.

Not really an announcement... unless they were gonna announce all the cities and dates. Bummer. Wanted to know more info on the new album. I'll try to be patient. wink

I'm so happy for the US fans for sure! big_smile  But I must says I was a little disappointed to wait 2 weeks just for that. Lol... I think I must be a little patient too...

I’ve been at the bottom

Seesaw wrote:
Beth-O-Holic wrote:
Seesaw wrote:

I'm so happy for the US fans for sure! big_smile  But I must says I was a little disappointed to wait 2 weeks just for that. Lol... I think I must be a little patient too...

Ditto! wink
God help me I can't even get excited when they say "U.S. Tour" anymore... because I know it probably means a few gigs on the east coast and a couple in the south. I'm so jaded. wink

Now a Beth-O-Bona-Holic

Oh! yeah, understand what you mean! But Hope she will have some more tour dates in the states then! I think she said before that is little bit expensive to tour there, but cross the fingers! big_smile

I’ve been at the bottom