Topic: Beth Hart

I don't know if anyone's posted about her before, but ya gotta hear this girl! I heard her for the first time yesterday on the "Mark and Brian Show" (outta LA) and was blown away by her vocals and her songwriting. I'm not really a big fan of female artists (prefer guitar driven songs), but I'll be putting her on my i-pod today. Check her out :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF2loBxu … re=related

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

Re: Beth Hart

Hi Guido,

Yes she's fabulous!! Seen her a few times live and she's definitely one of my favourite female artists.
A real power woman. There are a lot of vids on Youtube but you should also check out the ones that were made at Paradiso Amsterdam in 2007. Live she's a whirlwind and even better!!!
One of them:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHWYW6Tw67A

She's coming to Zoetermeer (NL) on May 3rd and i'm turning the whole household upside down to be able to go there on monday....

Hey Suzanne,

It seems by her website that she tends to play over there much more. I was shocked to see that she really doesn't have a lot of gigs lined up. I don't know whether that's bad mgmt or if she prefers it that way, but she could definately fill all the local places around here. Wish she would play locally.

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

guido wrote:

I don't know if anyone's posted about her before

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10525

Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

I've always considered Susan Tedeschi my favorite female vocalist/artist, but Beth is right up there. What an amazing talent (check out the paradiso DVD, you won't be sorry)! Great musician, vocalist, singer, songwriter, and performer! She can do it all.  Can't wait to hear the Joe/Beth collaboration. She's the real deal (just ask Jeff Beck).

Beth Hart really rocks with her amazing voice as well as her hammond playing.
Not to forget her song writing.

Here's a link to "Rockpalast" where you can find a few songs and an interview:
http://www.wdr.de/tv/rockpalast/extra/b … h_hart.jsp

Checked Beth tour schedule again and again - but these gigs in the Netherlands in December doesn't really do it for me.
Either too far away or seated. And Beth Hart seated: no way. Otherwise Eindhoven would be nice.

But next year there are a few German dates and one is at the Zeche in Bochum :-) That's the place where I've seen my first Joe gig in 2008.

DECEMBER
12-01-2011  Lucky and Co, Rijssen, NL (support Stefan Schill)
12-03-2011  Muziekgebouw Frits Philips,  Eindhoven, NL (support Coco)
12-06-2011  Tivoli, Utrecht, NL (support Stefan Schill)
12-08-2011  Paard van Troje,  Den Haag, NL (support Stefan Schill)
12-10-2011  Parkstad Limburg Theater, Heerlen, NL (support Coco)
12-13-2011  Gebouw T, Bergen op Zoom, NL (support Stefan Schill)
12-15-2011  Oosterpoort, Groningen, NL (support Stefan Schill)
12-17-2011  Muziekcentrum Schaaf, Leeuwarden, NL (support Coco)
12-19-2011  Paradiso, Amsterdam, NL (support Rupert Blackman)

FEBRUARY 
02-25-2012  Shepherd's Bush,  London,  UK
02-28-2011  Zeche Bochum, Bochum, DE

MARCH 
03-01-2012  Colos Saal, Aschaffenburg, DE
03-03-2011  Backstage Halle, Munich DE

Blues Sissi I don't think Lucky in Rijssen is seated. I've been there a few times and never seated.

andre wittebroek wrote:

Blues Sissi I don't think Lucky in Rijssen is seated. I've been there a few times and never seated.

All non-seated gigs are during the week and too far away.
And the Saturday gig in Eindhoven is seated. So, I'll have to wait until Beth will be in Germany.
And I attended some gigs in November  lol  that's another reason to take it easy in December.

Hmm, I may well go to the Paradiso show so I can get Beth to sign the cd too.  big_smile

Who knows, maybe we'll get to see Beth with Joe next year?  tongue

edit - awful typo

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Amsterhammer wrote:

Hmm, I may well go to the Paradiso show so I can get Beth to sign the cd too.  big_smile

Who knows, maybe we'll get to see Beth with Joe next year?  tongue

Paradiso is sold out.
For Eindhoven there are still tix available.
Got my tix for Zeche Bochum :-) Time to wear my Beth Hart shirt again.

Went to see her this week at Dingwalls, London and she was incredible.  What a live act.  And being in such an intimate venue made it that much better, i think the sell out was about 400people.  Loved the way she interacted with crowd with introductions to most of the songs, replying to shouts etc.  Would highly recommend seeing her if you get the chance.

Posted a few video's on youtube but only parts of songs unfortunately...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxJM-FwOCwI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz5UekliHGc

Well, a fellow Aberdonian in the crowd.

I can honestly say that her vocal performance was right up there with the best that I've seen. Absolutely spell binding.

Kenny

Kenny wrote:

I can honestly say that her vocal performance was right up there with the best that I've seen. Absolutely spell binding.

Kenny

Hi Kenny, indeed...and well the worth the trip down i'd say.  Must say i'm very tempted to do it again to see her in February!

GGM1903 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Kenny

Hi Kenny, indeed...and well the worth the trip down i'd say.  Must say i'm very tempted to do it again to see her in February!

Would definitely be worth another visit but alas I cannot manage. Going by your Dingwalls videos you must have been slightly to the right of me - I was 4 rows back when Beth was on keyboards.

Kenny wrote:
GGM1903 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Kenny

Would definitely be worth another visit but alas I cannot manage. Going by your Dingwalls videos you must have been slightly to the right of me - I was 4 rows back when Beth was on keyboards.

I'm tempted to take a trip down to London for this one too.

17 (edited by Kenny 2011-12-04 08:26:10)

Murray1903 wrote:
Kenny wrote:
GGM1903 wrote:

I'm tempted to take a trip down to London for this one too.

Hey Murray you will not be disappointed (unless you really want to see St Mirren v Dons). I think they did 5 or 6 songs from the new album - "Your heart is black as night" and "I'd rather go blind" being the highlights.

Kenny

18 (edited by Kenny 2011-12-04 12:07:08)

Here's the Dingwalls set list :

1.Good As It Gets
2.Delicious Surprise
3.Waterfalls
4.Well Well
5.Chocolate Jesus
6.I'll Take Care Of You
7.Your Heart is as Black As Night
8.Sinner's Prayer
9.For My Friends
10.Stinky Feet