Re: Help! How to use a 1CH tube amp....

i used to use FastFret but didn't like the feel.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hey yall, whats up with this treble bleed a few of you have mentioned? What does it do? Also, what is the difference between a 250 and a 500k pot? I want to experiment!! LOL.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

DeAndrea String Cleaner is the same price as Lemon Oil....and graphite from a pencil is cheaper than Nut Sauce....moist socks???? Ugh!!

wood wrote:

Phhttt... lint free and no lemon oil!  How dare you question me! lol (totally just picking)  I'm not paying those prices when the lemon oil cleans it just fine (note I'm not dousing it on the strings or anything, basically a lubricant to let the sock glide).  Plus really I just let the sock get a tad moist and leave it in the case, cleans them great for months, then maybe add a few drops more to the sock and I'm good.  The only thing I blow money on that is questionable is Nut Sauce.  Way overpriced but does help out the tuning stability of my Strats. smile  Plus somehow we're OT here anyway...

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

22 (edited by kwsjb1238 2007-01-30 10:20:09)

I'm confused... how did talk about a one channel tube amp turn into how to best clean strings, stop treble bleed, and other various things?  It's kinda funny, really.... haha

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Wow Wood- that's a pretty awesome setup... you must be getting a great tone out of that gear!  got any recordings?

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

zosozep7 wrote:

Hey yall, whats up with this treble bleed a few of you have mentioned? What does it do? Also, what is the difference between a 250 and a 500k pot? I want to experiment!! LOL.

Rob

Dig around torres website for info too:

http://www.torresengineering.com/1megpot.html

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

25 (edited by gsj 2007-01-30 16:12:51)

smile Yep, funny how you (we) get side-tracked. Still, it all connects with gear tips and tricks I suppose. Absolutely Wood, gotta have a DD3 on the pedal board, even if it's used occasionally.

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young