1 (edited by zosozep7 2006-12-16 14:39:09)

Topic: New Kenny Wayne Sheppard cd coming in January

Here is a link. http://www.amazon.com/Days-Out-Blues-Ba … p;s=music.
Not sure if anybody allready knows about this double cd but I heard it today at a cd joint here in Michigan called Rockabillys. He had a demo cd and it was frikin incredible! From what I heard it sounded all live. There are some big names on this cd. Ill be definetly picking up a copy.
Today I picked up Charlie Musselwhite, and Popa Chubby. Chubby has a unique sound. Also picked up Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris cd/dvd set. This is a really good set! Cant wait to watch it all. Also got a rare Govt Mule, Mule on Easy Street 10.19.06.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Re: New Kenny Wayne Sheppard cd coming in January

Yep. Shepherd's new one's actually been in the work for a couple of years. Should be a good one.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Hey Deezer, from what I heard at the store it was really good! I cant wait to buy that baby!!

Rob

4 (edited by ohiodawg13 2006-12-16 21:38:50)

Rob,

When you sit down to watch the DVD there's sort of an introduction voice over by Emmylou while Mark and his bandmates play some acoustic jam stuff at some kind of party. You'll hear somebody blurt out Freebird before the guys start playing. There's one guy who's not in Knopfler's band sitting next to him. It's Ed King from Skynyrd. I loved the CD & the DVD, and Emmylou is still lookin' fine.

C&W is cool too,

J Dawg

(What song is it you wanna hear??????......Ronnie Van Zant)

P.S. This KWS CD is the soundtrack to Ten Days Out a blues documentary Kenny put together.

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Hey Dawg!! You aint kiddin about Emmylou. She is a goddess! She dresses much like Nancy Wilson of Heart. Im really begining to be a fan of hers. I did hear that saying you mentioned. I happened ti hear it as the dvd kept ressetting when I was to busy to pull it out of the dvd player. Thanks for the heads up on that Ed King thing.

Rob

And on another note, I think all the bagging on Kenny needs to stop. Not saying a whole lot of people do it here, but everywhere I look somebody's ragging on him for some stupid friggin' reason. Forget saying some bs about passion or anything, that's objective, what leaves me cold might give you  the warm and fuzzy's. As a guitar player, he is a very good blues guitarist. Period. He puts out good hard rockin' blues rock. He gives credit to his heroes. He's tried to distance himself from the Stevie Ray Vaughanabe crap (which honestly was never deserved....would SRV have ever put out a song like Deja Voodoo? Exactly). Hence came The Place You're In. And as Joe said, he's one of the stars of the blues, we should push him hard. Joe will give you more variety, and can probably play different styles of music on the guitar. But on stone-cold blues, Kenny and Joe are very good, two of the best going. Both approach it from different styles. That's what makes them different. Give the guy more credit. What hurts Kenny more than anything is the way his career has been managed, whether it's his doing of his dad's doing. He may tour a lot, but his stuff does not get pushed. And the frequent pushing back of release dates on The Place You're In and the upcoming Ten Days Out documentary, coupled with the huge layoff between Live On and The Place You're In, and the absolutely LACK of information you can get out of the web site as far as what Kenny is doing, have led to losing a lot of fans. But, as a musician, he's one of the best blues guitarists in the business, I don't care what anybody says. Even if you don't like Kenny's music, you can't deny that with the Ten Days Out documentary that he's trying to shine a light on lesser known artists than he, and that is commendable. He learned his biggest lesson from SRV, which is to always show respect to your elder musicians, and try and help get their name out as much as possible.

I would love in 5 or so years to read about the artists that saved the blues, and have that list include Joe, John Mayer, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, Jonny Lang, Mato Nanji, Doyle Bramhall II, Robert Randolph, and Eric Sardinas. I look at these artists I mentioned as each having their signature style and approach. We have a lot of variety of great roots artists. We need to realize how good we've actually got it.

Deezer wrote:

I would love in 5 or so years to read about the artists that saved the blues, and have that list include Joe, John Mayer, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, Jonny Lang, Mato Nanji, Doyle Bramhall II, Robert Randolph, and Eric Sardinas. I look at these artists I mentioned as each having their signature style and approach. We have a lot of variety of great roots artists. We need to realize how good we've actually got it.

you forgot joe on your list!

the tens days out effort epitomizes the lack of support for the blues lately.  It is really frustrating to know how long ago the "could have" come out with this thing.
Lotsa folks have passed on since the movie was filmed - you'd think places would want to 'cash in' on that. I think filming that was a great and wholesome idea.

that said, i think the martin scorsese's dvd of the blues left out a lot. i think this may help fill in that gap.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Jane H. wrote:

hey Deezer, is there something going on with the KWS message board. I just went there and it said I am banned(maybe they found out i am friends with route66,lol). it says contact admin but I don't have any contact info and couldn't find any on the main site either.
thanks
Jane

and btw Rob, there's already a few topics about this cd on this site. no big deal but easy enough to find...:)

Thanks for the heads up Jane. I knew I had sen some stuff awhile ago but really didnt read the post.

Rob

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

you forgot joe on your list!

the tens days out effort epitomizes the lack of support for the blues lately.  It is really frustrating to know how long ago the "could have" come out with this thing.
Lotsa folks have passed on since the movie was filmed - you'd think places would want to 'cash in' on that. I think filming that was a great and wholesome idea.

that said, i think the martin scorsese's dvd of the blues left out a lot. i think this may help fill in that gap.

Nope, he's the first one I mentioned.

As far as the message board and your problems Jane, not sure what's going on. I get in there just fine. Don't have a clue.

It may have been the spam thing. Surely that's it. The webmaster email probably won't work, Robb left some time ago.

sorry bout that Deez!

I basically quit frequenting the kws message board. it's lost its luster.
This is my home now!

_ smile

Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hey Deezer, I like your self was a pretty hard core KWS fan. I'm not saying I don't care about him anymore, but I backed off considerably. Reasons being as you mentioned the gap between Live On and The Place I'm In and getting turned on to Joe's music. I don't think this is a news flash, but as you probably know Kenny went through some major lifestyle changes i.e. rehab, finding God, and hooking up with his new wife, not to mention the two of them dealing with her father Mel's drunken tirade against the Jews. I think it's safe to say this is a different guy than we were used to hearing from. Personally I liked SRV's stuff live and recorded better after he cleaned up. One can only wonder how incredible he would be today had he not been taken so soon. Perhaps once Kenny's more comfortable in the place he's in now he'll blow us all away with future offerings. I'm sure hopin' so!

Happy Holidays!!!!!!

J Dawg

Walkin' the tightrope, every day and every night...

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Hey, how 'bout a double bill: KWS and Jonny Lang. Call it the Holy Roller Boys tour.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

Or: The Kicking A** & Taking Names Tour. smile

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Perhaps once Kenny's more comfortable in the place he's in now he'll blow us all away with future offerings....

his next album will dictate his staying power in the industry in my opinion. fingers are crossed.

and I just moved to MI from milwaukee... now I wish Id was back there just so I could see this freakin thing!

I hear from Donnie ( who was there when they filmed it) that its great..  My hats off to Kenny for documenting guys like Henry Townsend, Gatemouth and my friend the King!!  I am glad its finally coming out.  Congrats to Kenny on this. Very important for the future of the blues.  ( Remember my New Years Resolution) Bring it to the Kids! Joe Bonamassa