Topic: Guitar One Article

I heard somewhere that there was going to be an article on Joe in the June issue of Guitar One (the one out now).  Has anyone read the article?
Also, does anyone know when Joe's new tab book is comming out?

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Re: Guitar One Article

I've had the June Guitar One (B.B.King on the cover) for a couple of weeks, but I couldn't find anything about Joe except the quote from B.B. King that I mentioned before.  My subscription does not include the CD which is optional and extra money, so I was thinking maybe that's where Joe is exclusively.  My understanding was the disc covered how to play the songs in the back. I called 2 different people in subscriptions, they didn't know the answer to what was covered on the disc and they told me who would know the answer. I'll e-mail him tomorrow. If I find anything out, I'll post back and I'll look thru it again to see if I missed something.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Joe did the article back in march. Im looking forward to reading it wink

Angela wrote:

I've had the June Guitar One (B.B.King on the cover) for a couple of weeks, but I couldn't find anything about Joe except the quote from B.B. King that I mentioned before.  My subscription does not include the CD which is optional and extra money, so I was thinking maybe that's where Joe is exclusively.  My understanding was the disc covered how to play the songs in the back. I called 2 different people in subscriptions, they didn't know the answer to what was covered on the disc and they told me who would know the answer. I'll e-mail him tomorrow. If I find anything out, I'll post back and I'll look thru it again to see if I missed something.

The only thing I saw was the B.B. King quote you mentioned.  I did not find anything about/from Joe on the CD-ROM.

L8r... John

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

Our July Guitar One issue just came in the mail.  The cover story is about Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath.

If Robbie Cook from East Landsing, MI is a fan who visits this forum, your letter to the editor got published complimenting the article about B.B. King last month, along with naming Joe Bonamassa among six next generation blues players...

On page 32, sharing the page with the Top Ten Songs To Play...To Get Some... is a review on the left side entitled Tab & Tutorial DVD's. These are some of the songs listed-Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You, Wonderful Tonight & Melissa... Nice songs and musicians to share ink with...

The DVD review:
"For years this magazine has been all over blues-rocker Joe Bonamassa's (guitar) nuts, rhasposodizing about his sickass chops as well as monstrous tone. Now you can see how he arrives at both, on Hal Leonard's new DVD Joe Bonamassa: Signature Sounds, Styles & Techniques.  First, Bonamassa explores the tonal ranges of his three favorite axes-the Strat, the Tele, and the Les Paul-then he reveals his approach to rhythm, soloing, and slide playing: finally, he walks you through all the effects on his capacious pedalboard."

The next DVD review is also very nice, about Johnny A.

Great review and I haven't found anything else yet, but like I said, I don't get the CD with it, so maybe John will report later.

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/