Topic: Shank Hall

What a great show! Thanks Joe...I know it was almost the identical setlist as Chicago, but there were a few extras mixed in and I never get tired of the energy you, Mark and Bogie bring night in and night out.
Great to see old and new friends: Gregg, Beth, Jeff, Steve, Nancy, Leonard...I'm probably missing someone, but it's 2AM and I need some sleep!
Setlist:
Just Got Paid/ Dazed & Confused/Etc.
Walk in My Shadow
So Many Roads
Bridge to Better Days
A New Day Yesterday
Mountain Time
Miss You/Hate You
Woke Up Dreamin' followed by what I'm gonna call "Joe improvising" on the acoustic (awe inspiring)
Django
Had to Cry Today/Heart of the Sunrise/Starship Trooper
Extended Encore - with special guest Greg Koch on guitar
Askin Around for You
You Upset Me

We were eight people, two of which never saw Joe before...they were definitely "bitten". The rest of us got what we expected and more!
Next show???? Maybe Bloomington in February.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: Shank Hall

Gotta agree with Bill here, another AMAZING show from Joe and the boys!!  Same set list as Friday night in Chicago except for the addition of "You Upset Me Baby" to the encore.  As Joe told us: "We've played 15 shows in 18 days but we have a few days off after tonight so we're gonna do an extra long encore!"

And more good news, my ticket dilema was solved!  As soon as we arrived at the venue, we met a great fan outside the door who had 2 extra tickets for sale.  We bought both, so not only was my buddy taken care of, but  we called a friend of ours who lives about 3 blocks from Shank Hall to come down as well.  He had never heard of Joe before, but got his Bona-baptism tonight and was completely blown away!  Thank you Joe, Bogie, and Mark for giving me just about the best birthday weekend I could ever ask for.  It's almost 2:30 am and I start a new job tomorrow morning, but it'll be worth a little dragging tomorrow!

--Alex K

Dang....I missed that You Upset Me Baby by two nights......boohoo...sniff...sniff.....:(

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Dang....I missed that You Upset Me Baby by two nights......boohoo...sniff...sniff.....:(

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought "Patty & Rhonda missed it"

Bill,

Any idea yet where tickets for Bloomington can be bought? There's no website for the venue.

Nancy in Chicago

I'm just saying.

Nancy in Chicago wrote:

Bill,

Any idea yet where tickets for Bloomington can be bought? There's no website for the venue.

Nancy in Chicago

My understanding is that venue does not have a website. I was told last night that tickets were not on sale yet, but they were going on sale soon (I forgot what day). I just checked ticketmaster and found nothing...I'd probably continue to check there or maybe try to call the venue directly and ask them. I'll let you know if I find anything out.
Bill S

Thanks, Bill!

I'm just saying.

8 (edited by CubbyBear 2006-12-12 21:19:17)

I must say that the one thing I don't like about Shank Hall is that it's another one of those venues where they put a bunch of tables in front of the stage.  They do the same thing at the Hideout in Sandwich...a bunch of stiffs chilling up front and relaxing whle the excited fans are stuck in the back.  This is a rock n' roll (well, and blues...heh) show!!   When I go see a Joe show I want to see people up and moving and into it baby!  No offense to any of you guys who were sitting down there, but if you want to sit down and gently observe the show, stay home and watch your Rockpalast and ANDY Live DVDs and leave the live shows to those of us who want to get a little sweaty and rock out!  wink
         --Alex K

CubbyBear wrote:

I must say that the one thing I don't like about Shank Hall is that it's another one of those venues where they put a bunch of tables in front of the stage.  They do the same thing at the Hideout in Sandwich...a bunch of stiffs chilling up front and relaxing whle the excited fans are stuck in the back.  This is a rock n' roll (well, and blues...heh) show!!   When I go see a Joe show I want to see people up and moving and into it baby!  No offense to any of you guys who were sitting down there, but if you want to sit down and gently observe the show, stay home and watch your Rockpalast and ANDY Live DVDs and leave the live shows to those of us who want to get a little sweaty and rock out!  wink
         --Alex K

Hey...I think you just called me an unexcited stiff!
Most of us "stiffs" bought tickets 4 or 5 months before the show and stood in line for 2 to 2 1/2 hours before the doors opened so we could be as close to the stage as possible.
I'm sure if the tables were in the back instead of the front, we would've all been standing rather than sitting. Sure, I'd probably prefer to stand, but when in Rome....

CubbyBear wrote:

--Alex K

1st) I consider myself a "most devout" Joe Bonamassa fan. When he plays my hometown, I have spent countless hours getting one of those coveted up front table seats. I have met some of the nicest people and respect them as such.

2nd) I was "up front center" and had the best seat in the house. A nice man was close to me and taping the show. There were roughly 298 people behind me.

3rd) Now, I hope that I get this correct. I am a stiff that should stay home and watch my videos?

4th) You stay home and watch the corn grow while tasting the silage.

I often wonder why the drunks in the back by the bar, chatting with friends and neighbors all through the show, bother at all to attend shows.  Priority #1 is getting a good close view of the artist and being able to show your appreciation of their music within their view.

The die-hard fan-boys are near the front, and it's that way at any general admission show.  They sit because there are tables and chairs, anyone would.

LMAO big_smile big_smile big_smile

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

CubbyBear wrote:

I must say that the one thing I don't like about Shank Hall is that it's another one of those venues where they put a bunch of tables in front of the stage.
         --Alex K

Cubbybear,    I think your beef should be with the venue NOT with the other Joe fans.
                     On behalf of the great state of Iowa, I will apologize for you to these other
                     fans.  I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if the venue
                     was set up that way, how can you fault the fans?  And if it is general
                     admission in, then whoever gets there first, gets the prize, whether it
                     be standing or sitting.          Patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

CubbyBear wrote:

--Alex K

I'm sorry....
you misunderstand.
The people sitting quietly in their seats are doing such as to not miss one moment of Joe's performance.
It's difficult to do that if you are jumping around yelling and talking.
If you want a mosh pit go to a TOOL concert.

Julie in Green Bay

P.S.

At Shank Hall, the **artist** dictates if there will be tables/chairs.
So his real complaint is with Joe Bonamassa.  I'm sure he'd like to hear he was wrong.

On Joe's Myspace page, they posted a bulletin about a local newscast promoting his blues in schools and show a club show with a lot of space, everyone seated, plenty of room.

Where was THAT!?

Shank Hall was wall to wall people the other night.  Just shows he does better at some places than others.

Nashville Tenn. I believe.

To me Joe is a spectator sport. I don't need to rock out to enjoy the show. I want seats. I want reserved seats too. So when I buy early I get a better seat closer to the stage. I don't mind standing for the encore the old legs might need a stretch. I wouldn't even mind if the stage got rushed for the encore. All those poor people in the back crowding up front for the encore makes the encore special.

Rock n Roll doesn't have to be uncomfortable to be good.

jim m wrote:

Nashville Tenn. I believe.

To me Joe is a spectator sport. I don't need to rock out to enjoy the show. I want seats. I want reserved seats too. So when I buy early I get a better seat closer to the stage. I don't mind standing for the encore the old legs might need a stretch. I wouldn't even mind if the stage got rushed for the encore. All those poor people in the back crowding up front for the encore makes the encore special.

Rock n Roll doesn't have to be uncomfortable to be good.

AMEN to that!  That's why I skip a lot of live shows.  I can't stand all the standing.  Hurts the back sad