1 (edited by Bill S 2006-12-09 03:40:30)

Topic: Joe's- Chicago

Wow!!! Just got home a bit ago and I'm still riding that wave of euphoria/adrenalin/whatever the heck it is that gives you a second or third wind after you haven't slept for 24 hours. Thanks Joe, Mark, Bogie...another great show. I'll see you at Shank Hall Sunday night.
I'm gonna attempt a setlist here, but I'm sure it's either incomplete or out of order. Here goes:
Just Got Paid/ Dazed & Confused/Etc.
Walk in My Shadow (Awesome)
So Many Roads
Bridge to Better Days
A New Day Yesterday
Mountain Time
Miss You/Hate You
Woke Up Dreamin' followed by what I'm gonna call "Joe improvising" on the acoustic (also awesome)
Django
Had to Cry Today/Heart of the Sunrise/Starship Trooper
Askin Around for You

I'm not sure about the exact number of people present, but Joe's was pretty full...500?
Nice Venue...standing right in front of the stage with my new friends pattylovesjoe and photogal.
A great time was had by all!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: Joe's- Chicago

Hey Bill!! Thanks for the setlist! Glad you had fun. I think Pattyluvsjoe was there also? We are off to see him tonight and I cant wait. This will be my first time.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Bill,

Sounds like the same set Joe did at Oneida. I'm still on a high from that trip (saw two shows) so I know how you feel. I'm sorry I missed last night's show. I could see it every night and not get tired of it.

Nancy in Chicago

I'm just saying.

Thanks for the setlist Bill..Joe and Co. have settled into this one and it's definitely a beaut! I believe Pattyluvs Joe and Photogal (let's see those photos gal) should've both been there, although due to supressed enthusiasm were not heard from...(any audio record will bear that out I am sure) Nice crowd and appears a good time was again had by all

Wow Rob I did not realize you had not seen him live yet...wear you Led Boots brother or you are toast

zosozep7 wrote:

Hey Bill!! Thanks for the setlist! Glad you had fun. I think Pattyluvsjoe was there also? We are off to see him tonight and I cant wait. This will be my first time.

Rob

Demonsterastratofixation wrote:

Thanks for the setlist Bill..Joe and Co. have settled into this one and it's definitely a beaut! I believe Pattyluvs Joe and Photogal (let's see those photos gal) should've both been there, although due to supressed enthusiasm were not heard from...(any audio record will bear that out I am sure) Nice crowd and appears a good time was again had by all

Yeah...I spent the entire night right in front of the stage with both pattylovesjoe and photogal. It was fun to meet them, they're definitely big fans.

Did anyone get a cheeseburger and chips from Billy Goat's?

Bill S wrote:

Yeah...I spent the entire night right in front of the stage with both pattylovesjoe and photogal. It was fun to meet them, they're definitely big fans.

Well........first off smile smile smile smile  the Chicago show was an ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, JAW-DROPPING performance by Joe, Mark, and Bogie.  I feel so honored to have witnessed such a performance.  Joe, Mark, and Bogie were all playing out-of-this world and the crowd was totally into it.  My sister Bev, from Wheaton,IL had her "Bonabaptism" at this show and she thoroughly enjoyed it and was tickled to get to meet them and get a great Photogal picture autographed by them.  And what a pleasure it was to meet Bill S. at this show.  He fit perfectly between Photogal and I.   We could all just melt together in adoration and appreciation for Joe,Mark, and Bogie.  Photogal, ya' know I couldn't have made a better friend than you.  thanks... To be at the front of the stage and to have Joe right in front of us was a gift from God.  To see the emotion and energy that Joe puts out was totally mesmerizing and a couple of times it evoked emotions that brought on some misty eyes from this gal.  I don't have enough words in me to describe just how wonderful it was, so when all else fails for me, I can resort to the usual  smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile   pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  My sister came back to the table where we were eating and said, "There's Joe posters in the womens restroom......I was up in a flash and into the restroom...and yes, I am confessing here to all of you that I took both of them.  big_smile

WE have been to the Billy Goat Tavern in the past...Cheesburga',Cheeseburga, Pepsi...lol

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hey guys!  Alex here, Iowa Street Team Coordinator.  I rarely get a chance to post on the forum but I had to drop in and and just say WOW WOW WOW were Joe and the boys AMAZING in Chicago last night!  It was my 27th birthday and I could not have gotten a better present than such a phenomenal show.  No matter how many times I see him he just keeps getting better.  I brought 6 friends with, all but one who had never seen Joe before and every one of them was completely blown away.  The ZZ Top/Zeppelin medley to open the set was unreal and it only got better from there.  My only small complaint was no "Blues Deluxe"...of course I have heard it at every other Joe show I have seen, but I could absolutely *never* get sick of that one.  smile

On a semi-related note, does anyone know where I might be able to dig up an extra ticket for the Milwaukee show at Shank Hall tomorrow night?  When I got to Joe's last night I was only on the list for myself and not a guest...last night was no problem as there were still tix at the door but tomorrow is sold out and I'm bringing a friend with.  If anyone knows someone with an extra it'd be much appreciated.
       --Alex K

CubbyBear wrote:

Hey guys!  Alex here, Iowa Street Team Coordinator.  I rarely get a chance to post on the forum but I had to drop in and and just say WOW WOW WOW were Joe and the boys AMAZING in Chicago last night!  It was my 27th birthday and I could not have gotten a better present than such a phenomenal show.  No matter how many times I see him he just keeps getting better.  I brought 6 friends with, all but one who had never seen Joe before and every one of them was completely blown away.  The ZZ Top/Zeppelin medley to open the set was unreal and it only got better from there.  My only small complaint was no "Blues Deluxe"...of course I have heard it at every other Joe show I have seen, but I could absolutely *never* get sick of that one.  smile

On a semi-related note, does anyone know where I might be able to dig up an extra ticket for the Milwaukee show at Shank Hall tomorrow night?  When I got to Joe's last night I was only on the list for myself and not a guest...last night was no problem as there were still tix at the door but tomorrow is sold out and I'm bringing a friend with.  If anyone knows someone with an extra it'd be much appreciated.
       --Alex K

Alex,
The outlook for a Shank Hall ticket is pretty grim. I know of at least 4 people that are in the same boat (without tickets) and are trying to get tickets. Good Luck

Thanks for the info Bill...I figured as much!  Shank Hall just loves Joe!  lol  Hopefully I'll be able to dig one up somewhere.
   --Alex K

Bill S wrote:

Although many people associate the Billy Goat with Chicago, that would be pretty far down on my list of recommended restaurants. Lots of great choices.
Incidentally, Mark said the band had pizza at Giordano's (pretty decent pizza place).

zosozep7 wrote:

Rob

Hey Rob, I'm excited for you! You're obviously a big fan and a live show is just gonna make it worse. I'm heading up to Shank Hall (milwaukee) tomorrow night for the show.
That place is pretty special as far as I'm concerned. Great intimate room for shows...I think Joe likes it too!
I may have to wear my Bears shirt to have some friendly fun with my neighbors across the border. There haven't been many opportunities over the last 10 years.

There are so many good places to eat in Chicago you could modify the lyrics to be "SO Many Foods" Bawaaa wahhhh wong

Bill S wrote:

Bill S wrote:

Although many people associate the Billy Goat with Chicago, that would be pretty far down on my list of recommended restaurants. Lots of great choices.
Incidentally, Mark said the band had pizza at Giordano's (pretty decent pizza place).

Ok Patty and Bill, I am going to add to what you guys already posted. It's 1:23 am Sunday morning, and I just got in from the drive back from Chicago. I had a few detours, (camera store - xmas shopping for me, and other stores for other folks). I don't know that there is too much to add, but it was an AWESOME SHOW!!

Every time I see a show I think, wow this it great. the best they have been. They couldn't play aby better. And then the next time I see them they play even better than the last time! Joe, Mark and Bogie seemed to enjoy the crowd and had a great time.

Thanks Patty, for everything, especially Yadi, Yadi, Yadi! I had a blast, each show leaves special memories, and hopefully there will be many more adventures!

Bill, It was great meeting you too! Thanks for protecting me from the obnoxious fans and swapping places with me to get some photos. Let me know when you head toward the Missouri border for shows, I will buy next time!

I am dowloading photos to my computer now. I should have them up Sunday afternoon!!

~~ Rhonda smile)

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

I just got home from a great weekend of music, food and x-mas shopping in Chi-Town, my home town.
I would have to agree Joe rocked Joe's it was an awesome show. I just can't believe the tone Joe get's, it's flat out amazing. The whole set was awesome, but So Many Roads and him playing acoustic...OMFG!

We went Buddy Guys Sat. night, as always a great time, I would love to see Joe at Legends with Buddy Guy in January.

I am still reflecting on the Chicago show.....the image I can't get out of my head is how Joe was playing with every cell of his being electrified....about the only way I can describe it is,  I saw his whole body shaking....a vibratory rate that I still can't capture in words....his whole essence was the music....yes, I believe I have found my description....his whole essence and the music were one........ah, bliss..........patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

I am still reflecting on the Chicago show.....the image I can't get out of my head is how Joe was playing with every cell of his being electrified....about the only way I can describe it is,  I saw his whole body shaking....a vibratory rate that I still can't capture in words....his whole essence was the music....yes, I believe I have found my description....his whole essence and the music were one........ah, bliss..........patty

Patty,
It appears that Joe's show left you a little tongue tied and at a loss for words.
I understand completely!