Re: Super Group CD with Joe

Judging by Glenn Hughes' twitter posts I'm speculating the band - Joe, Glenn and Jason Bonham, for sure - played at the Guitar Center Drum Off finals last evening at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles.

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/drum-off-2009/

ReverendPaul wrote:

I would have to geuss that along with Joe and Glenn it's Bonham since they need a drummer and he is in town. I'm thinking Coverdale for the 4th as according to Shirleys sight he was in the studio with Glenn Hughes to check out the Come Taste the Band remixes.

I think I read on the web that Coverdale said he was not part of the "supergroup", but you never know.

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

GoT MuLe 31788 wrote:

Maybe its not another guitar player....  My dad and I were talking, possible keys.  He said Jon Lord, psycho on the keys and one of our favorites big_smile, or what about Mr. Winwood, kinda outta left field - I know, but Joe did jam with him recently and he's pretty wicked too.

Discuss lol,
Ben

One name  I've seen mentioned a few times regarding keys is Jordan Rudess

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

76 (edited by Plutux 2010-01-10 00:01:34)

Joe's last tweet : "Qudos to Jason and Glenn for inviting me along to the Drum Off.. To play Moby D ick with those guys was wicked!!"

Oh, really ? big_smile

Follow me on Twitter, join me on Facebook

Facebook update:

"Drums , Drums and more Drums!!! That was the scene at the Wiltern Theater last night. Great to play Moby Dick with Glenn and Jason.. Split early just as the scenesters started to scenester things. Im more of a homebody when I am off the road. Special thanks to Jody Carson, Dustin and Guitar Center for making it easy though.. Jolly good time!!"

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

OOOOOOOOOOhh
So it's a power trio for da rockin!
smile  cool
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

80 (edited by Gary Ashton 2010-01-10 09:55:17)

'Moby D---k............! can't wait to hear !!

smile

Joe Live In Rotherham....not too long to go now !

"More will be revealed soon...I believe we have the name for the Band...Very Appropriate indeed... GH"

'bout 2 minutes ago on Twitter

Very cool.... can't wait to hear more.. big_smile

Kevin is still working...

"Received another MP3:new band: this morn' from Kevin Shirley from the Malibu sessions... As Kev says...its KILLAH!!! GH" from Glenn's Twitter

Who says I'm an addict ? big_smile

Okay... my brother belongs to a Led Zeppelin list called For Badgeholders Only (FBO), and he often gets inside information on there from a few guys with real connections... their track record is excellent.  I won't reveal the name of the source, but here's the guy's whole posting:

Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 6:02 PM
Subject: New Jason project

Speaking of Jason...

I have it on good authority (not from Jason), that Glenn Hughes is putting
together a new project, and at the moment, the following lineup is giving
it a go:

Glenn Hughes - Bass, Vocals
Joe Bonamassa - Guitar
Derek Sherinian - Keyboards
Jason Bonham - Drums

Whether or not this lineup sticks, only the future will tell...

Cheers!

--Vik cool

If it's true, I think this lineup would be really great.

Lookin' back in front of me

We're getting closer smile

TieDyeVikki wrote:

Okay... my brother belongs to a Led Zeppelin list called For Badgeholders Only (FBO), and he often gets inside information on there from a few guys with real connections... their track record is excellent.  I won't reveal the name of the source, but here's the guy's whole posting:

Speaking of Jason...

it a go:

Joe Bonamassa - Guitar
Jason Bonham - Drums

Cheers!

--Vik cool

Check your cards folks......we may have a BINGO! big_smile

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

I guess you can put that "supergroup" moniker to rest. The only star in that line up is JB, hell Glenn Hughes was never even on my radar till Joe let him sit in with him in Hollywood. I'll take JB, Bogie, Rick, & Carmine any day of the week.

Think Green,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

I'm gonna have to agree with J Dawg on this one. If Vikki is right about the line up it took all the wind out of the sails for me.

When I was a child I spoke as a child, But all I heard was how I should get ahead,
Now growing up it ain't anything but all This indecision with these debts and doubts
And worries hanging over my head. When I was a child I spoke as a child,
I wish I could remember what I said.

pcornell wrote:
TieDyeVikki wrote:

Speaking of Jason...

it a go:

Joe Bonamassa - Guitar
Jason Bonham - Drums

Cheers!

--Vik cool

Check your cards folks......we may have a BINGO! big_smile

big_smile  So do I win a prize?  Or do I get kicked off the forum for revealing insider secrets?  LOL tongue
Funny thing is, when I came here last night to post that, Joe himself was logged in... and I waited til he logged off to post, lol... just seemed like the proper thing to do... woulda been kinda like talking about the man when he was right in the room, ya know... and for all I knew he could've been typing up a post with some new info/clues for us, and I didn't want to steal his thunder, lol.  Anyway, I was just passing along what info I had... time will tell... and if you notice his post says "at the moment", "giving it a go", etc.  But based on the enthusiasm we're hearing from some of the key players, I'd say this is it.  To all the negative nellies out there... do you really think ANYTHING Joe (or Kevin) puts out is going to disappoint us?  I have this saying: "All I HAVE seen teaches me to trust in all I have NOT seen." wink

--Vik cool