Have a look at www.planetrock.com
There are details regarding a 'supergroup'
featuring Glen Hughes (Deep Purple).
David Coverdale and Jason Bonham get
a mention as well.

Lester..

Re: Super Group CD with Joe

Classic Rock Mag website again:

Is Joe Bonamassa Working With Glenn Hughes?

Joe Bonamassa has hinted that he is involved with a new band.He’s written the following on his Twitter page:

“Supa groupa starts tomorrow. (January 2). Been writing all week. I am very excited to see a bunch of friends and crank up the super bass plexi.”

Given the fact that Glenn Hughes has announced he’s fronting a hot new band, could it be that Bonamassa is the guitarist?

Keep up to date with Bonamassa at twitter.com/JBONAMASSA

But we already knew that lol

Follow me on Twitter, join me on Facebook

Anyone remember that line...What's the buzz, tell me what's happening? What's the buzz, tell me what's happening?...

Anyway, this is such a great buzz and we're all getting it psyched up by speculating about it, which is way more fun than dealing with stuff that's going on in the real world... hmm

I haven't read everyones twitter tweets etc., BUT I would love to see and hear: Glenn, Jason, Jimmy and Joe!!  Dreaming on!!!  smile

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Angela wrote:

Anyone remember that line...What's the buzz, tell me what's happening? What's the buzz, tell me what's happening?...

Anyway, this is such a great buzz and we're all getting it psyched up by speculating about it, which is way more fun than dealing with stuff that's going on in the real world... hmm

I haven't read everyones twitter tweets etc., BUT I would love to see and hear: Glenn, Jason, Jimmy and Joe!!  Dreaming on!!!  smile

I remember that line....it's from Jesus Christ Superstar......am I correct Angela?  (Memory don't fail me now tongue )
                              pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hmm, I seem to be the only one not too keen on Glenn Hughes's singing. Too much screeching for my taste, e.g. at 3:26. He's a bit of a poser too, isn't he.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsN_kJVR-YI
No offence, just not my cup of tea at all.

Bluesbreaker wrote:

Hmm, I seem to be the only one not too keen on Glenn Hughes's singing. Too much screeching for my taste, e.g. at 3:26. He's a bit of a poser too, isn't he.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsN_kJVR-YI
No offence, just not my cup of tea at all.

I'm with you Bluesbreaker, not my cup of tea either. I'll wait 'til the results are in to make a final judgement, however.

Seems the rumourmill might be getting close.
Listened to Joe's Planet Rock show tonite, and amongst the first few songs he played Trapeze, Led Zep, and David Coverdale.
Either I'm reading too much into that or somebody finds it hard to keep secrets. lol

We'll find out sooner or later................

Ian wink

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

Hello guys. Keith from the Glenn Hughes camp here. We're just as flumoxed over there too. Not even the PR guy knows. But I am guessing it will be fairly soon when we will all be checking our music halls for tickets and amazon for release dates. I just wanted to say too that I am a big fan of Joe B. We have a rock radio show called Rockwaves which broadcasts near Liverpool UK and syndicated to internet radio, and we often throw on the JB classics.

Naturally there are one or two doubters and personal tastes. But that's what it's all about. All musicians have their own styles. Mistreated has become Glenn's party solo piece live but he also plays a team role too in all his collaborations in recent years. Evidence for that stems from the hook up with Joe Lynn Turner and Hughes Thrall. The Fused album with Tony Iommi, although was never toured, is a good example of when GH complements his talents with other musos to create a whole which is greater than the sum of the parts. Soul Mover was as much about Navroo and Chad Smith as it was about GH:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXz6ASog … re=related

So I think you will find Joe's project to your liking. Enjoy the ride.

I'm excited as heck.  Check out this vocal performance by Glenn.  Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsl_ScR6 … re=related

Please don't go anywhere near the name super group.  I don't even like like it as a topic title! Just my thoughts IMHO as usual...  Exciting Collaboration Consortium.  Who knows?
Well it's building and leaks and secrets get people in trouble roll .  SO, I am content to know that if my Pal Joey is involved...no worries mates!!!

And Angela, what's the deal? That lyric from Jesus Christ Superstar goes What's the buzz, tell me what'sA happening, What's the buzz, tell me what'sA happening...you know, Italian styling! lol Just kidding dear! smile

Rock On, Get It On, Get Down and Get With It, and Keep the Faith,
Rock IT

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

A friend of mine convinced me we should go see Tapeze in 72 or 73. I wasn't to familiar with them but went. Two other bands on the bill. Don't remember them at all but Trapeze rocked.
For whatever reason I never followed Glenn Hughes during his career. With the Guitar Center performance with Joe and this it has gotten me to research a little bit especially the Deep Purple album Caveman is mixing. That is some good stuff. I was a Heart/Fleetwood Mac fan in 75 and never owned that album.

I am not so much curious about the bandmembers as what the sound will be. Bluesy or just balls to the walls rock. Having seen Joe evolve as a player over the years and knowing his versitility It will be a great platform to see him stretch out into another genre' even if only for a moment. I think he feeds off the talent around him and I'm sure whoever the band is they will rock.

As for a name. I would be willing to bet it isn't Super Group.

HAHA no way - I was pretty close with my original post.  I guess when if its official you'll all owe me a 100 bucks wink ... Cash only please lol.

I like GH as a vocalist and bassist a lot so I'm pretty excited to hear these new tracks!

Ben

From Caveman on Facebook:

No secret that I was recording an astounding new band this weekend past. Easy enough to see who, if you're a little forensic, but it was dynamite! Big, dark, complex old school rock, with prog elements to confuse the dancers - incredibly energetic. An incredible and exhausting experience. We cut six songs, and 5.5 of them are knockout!!! Just wait.. leaving the country for awhile tomorrow. Daddy's got to go to work..

So it's easy, huh ?

Follow me on Twitter, join me on Facebook

this whole thing is so cool! big_smile cool

I hope it's some old school rock like the Caveman says it is....

... and the blues purists that continually rip on Joe can say all they want, but we all know it will be rockin' cool

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

Supergroup or not I think it is a 'super' development. Whatever, it will bring JB to the attention of another group of fans, especially if it crosses into a dedicated 'rock' scenario.

However, with Glenn Hughes (if thats who it is) on vocals you don't just get an all out rock attack. Glenn is a grandmaster of funk with an attitude and any collaboration between them promises a Forrest Gump style 'chocolate box'.

Oh and to those who would say Glenn Hughes is just a rock screecher, believe me, he has a vocal range to die for and can handle ballads, blues and balls out rockers and will nail it every time. He's no slouch on the bass duties either.

I'm looking forward to seeing just what it is all about:)

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

I've tried not to get too carried away by this speculation as i've not always been a fan of these supergroups (Chickenfoot and the Vultures do little for me, I think it's often about reviving faded fortunes). Naturally as this is beleived to include Joe then it is different and I'm certainly interested. As I've mentioned before Glenn Hughes is an excellent singer and he does have a large variety of musical styles in his music, so it certainly is intreguing - as a side project.

"The recently formed Edinburgh Blues Club has identified an appetite for the personal communication between musicians and audience that the blues long ago perfected." The Herald Newspaper (Scotland)
http://www.edinburgh-blues.uk

53 (edited by Supergroup 2010-01-06 20:22:23)

Not sure whether my post got in so apologies for reposting. I was just saying that my handle wasn't a hint. I probably should have called myself Keith or something because that's my name. I may re-register because I am not sure either that "supergroup" does much except promote impossible expectations. Agree Greenose. Chickenfoot need another album to convince us members of the jury and Dem Vultures are dreadful.

JB falls into my category of a super guitar player because he is relatively young and fresh and doing it. His rise from the small halls in my home town in the UK to the Royal Albert is nothing short of amazing! All credit to his management for doing the biz end. But ya know what? You only achieve that through quality performances. PR helps but you can't PR a mediocre plank slammer.  I can't think of anyone else except that would be more complementary to Glenn's style and flexible range, as expressed by hansamike.

Yes it's nice to have a member of Led Zeppelin in your line up to boost sales but it depends if it's the one that can still hack it. I'd better not say much more than that in case I have to eat my words.

Hey we don't have a line up yet but this is a fun topic nonetheless. Once again guys, I am glad I joined up.

If they eventually tour and play the UK I hope it's going to be more than the 1 gig that Chickenfoot played at the Shepherd Bush Empire.

I wonder if Glen can nail the Tea For One vocal?

Kenny