19 (edited by Rocket 2009-12-31 12:04:44)

Re: Super Group CD with Joe

NickSlikk2112 wrote:
Plutux wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Ha Ha Plutux! It's not about economics, it's about ROCK! lol Rocks aren't always black, sometimes they are clear....As in a double shot of J & B on the ROCKS wink

Rock On & Study & Keep the Faith too,
Rocket

And rock is helping a lot while studying! wink

PS: I'd rather have a double Jack Daniel's or a Single Malt Scotch on my rocks big_smile

Please, don't put a Single Malt Scotch on the Rocks, although a drop of water may help you to savour the flavour smile

You guys get a dunce cap... jut kidding of course big_smile
That double shot of J & B is supposed to be a study hint...
And not about economics...
or scotch!
A double shot is about BURN!!!

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Just to keep some fuel on the fire...
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/N … page-1221/        cool

Was it Paige or Plant that was at the RAH?

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

JBSRV wrote:

-Eric

Neither. Or at least a big maybe there's denial. Plant was thought to be seen, but apparently not Robert, just a stunt double or credible likeness.

Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
JBSRV wrote:

-Eric

Neither. Or at least a big maybe there's denial. Plant was thought to be seen, but apparently not Robert, just a stunt double or credible likeness.

Rocket

Ahh I see.

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

NickSlikk2112 wrote:

Please, don't put a Single Malt Scotch on the Rocks, although a drop of water may help you to savour the flavour smile

Of course I won't, it was just for the example wink

Rocket wrote:

or scotch!

Rocket

I don't know whether it's too much whisky or economics, but I don't get it... Or is it my English skills ?

Anyway, let's get back to the topic: they're recording tomorrow!

Follow me on Twitter, join me on Facebook

Plutux wrote:
NickSlikk2112 wrote:

Of course I won't, it was just for the example wink

Rocket wrote:

or scotch!

Rocket

I don't know whether it's too much whisky or economics, but I don't get it... Or is it my English skills ?

Anyway, let's get back to the topic: they're recording tomorrow!

Sorry Plutux!
But, but, but You mean J & B is not Joe & Jeff or Beck & Bonamassa? sad
My vision...has...burn.........ed......out neutral
Rocket

Somebody drink a double double for me...

Oh, I see big_smile I had one, though...

Guytron wrote:

So what's this all about -- if following Joe's "tweets", needed a clean loud marshall for a new recording session, and now something about cannot release the names, but more to come?

Joe and Eric Johnson recording together??  Joe and Paul Rogers?  Joe and BB King ( wait that is coming on Black Rock ), Joe and Lady Gaga ( man I would have to shot myself, just kidding?? )

Anyone know anything about this.....

Jay

Maybe this is what you guys/gals are lookin' for? wink cheers Trev

http://mixonline.com/recording/mixing/m … ndex1.html

Cmon....is it Glenn?
Twittering....

"I'm @ dinner...its Movie nite...been speakin' with our "Band "members 2day...its all kickin' off in LA 2morrow... Here we go!!....GH"

together with JB...

"Supa groupa starts tomorrow.. Been writing all week. I am very excited to see a bunch of friends and crank up the super bass plexi."

then GH again

"I'm on my way to the Studio...it is the first day of our new Band..wish us well..its gonna Rock.. And you're gonna get it!! GH"

It's gotta be! Who are the others?!?!? lol

Il looks like a confirmation big_smile Can't wait to know the others!

30 (edited by =o|-[ 2010-01-03 03:28:57)

I wouldn't mind if GH was Gary Hoey!

Ummm... nevermind.  I just realized that the GH references were twitter post BY GH, not ABOUT GH.

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"  unknown

So, it appears Glenn Hughes is part of the "super group", watching his tweets, Shirley has been doing alot a remixing old tunes, and now both he and Joe are heading to studio at same time, interesting.

Hughes sang on ( 1 ) Black Sabbath record, and is one of my favorite performances by GH, and the album was not that popular too bad....

So, any cases on the drummer?   Bogie, I hope???   They had a nice chemistry on the recent videos, posted as a trio.

Jay

Self-Professed "GOLDIE" Nut-Job!!!!

JBLP #267

From Classic Rock Magazine Website:

Glenn Hughes has confirmed he’s the vocalist in a new ’supergroup’.
The band are already in the studio working on their debut album with producer Kevin Shirley.

So far, none of the other musicians involved have been identified, although rumours have so far suggested that anyone from the following list might (or might not) be in the line-up: David Coverdale, Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham, Ken Hensley, Jordan Rudess… and Jimmy Page!

Talking about the band, the always understated Hughes says: “It is gonna rock… and you’re gonna get it! The new band is now runnin’… it is a spectacle… with the most amazin’ players… an orgasm for the mind!”

Hughes is also working with producer Shirley on the remixes for a reissue of Deep Purple’s 1975 album Come Taste The Band.

When I was a child I spoke as a child, But all I heard was how I should get ahead,
Now growing up it ain't anything but all This indecision with these debts and doubts
And worries hanging over my head. When I was a child I spoke as a child,
I wish I could remember what I said.

Glenn Hughes twittered this earlier today: "The new Band is a MINDBLOWER... I Repeat A MINDBLOWER.... GH"

Of course I want to see Joe and the band for a Black Rock show, but I wouldn't miss these ones either (except if they plan to come around here in the middle of my exams, as Clapton, Winwood and Knopfler did, that's really frustrating)

From the Melodic Rock Website:

GLENN HUGHES JOINS KEVIN SHIRLEY IN L.A. STUDIO:
In the words of legendary vocalist Glenn Hughes (Solo, HTP, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Trapeze) "And God said...Its Time to Rock 'n Roll....". Yes, Glenn started recording his brand new project at the weekend with producer Kevin Shirley at the helm. The "supergroup" line-up has not yet been announced and has no name, but Glenn has confirmed he is the vocalist in question and that "it is gonna Rock.. And you're gonna get it!!" and "The new Band has now runnin'...it is a spectacle...with the most amazin' players..an orgasm for the mind!!!!"
Cannot wait to hear more about this and who is involved. Stay tuned.

Jay

JBLP #267

From Glenn's tweeter site:

Off to the Studio with the Band stoppin' @ Starbucks as we are all Coffee Freaks,recorded the Basic tracks to 3 songs yest + four more 2day

Jay

JBLP #267

Glenn as vocalist is good news for any band.