Topic: Joe Bonamassa - Sloe Gin Tel-Aviv, Israel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XEzhWLa0FY

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Re: Joe Bonamassa - Sloe Gin Tel-Aviv, Israel

Brilliant as ever!

At 2.59 the guy graps his head thinking : Impossible.........................

No , that's Joe!

Andre Wittebroek

3 (edited by Rocket 2009-12-20 12:27:56)

Oh my master of the universe! WHAT an amazing version indeed. With all due respect, Holy Moses! WOW!  Joe, Rick, Bogie and Carmine pulled out what may have been the best version of the year to end the year! That was nothing short of fantastic! Thank you Patty for the link and thank you chencohen85 for the wonderful video capturing.  And wow, how about that crowd's exhuberance, singing along! Even rhythm clapping just during the intro...I think a dance of joy almost broke out...repeatedly shhhhshing...sshhh...shhhhhhhhhh (lost count)..."it's beautiful" a woman  says...THAT's Joe Bonamassa my Israeli friends! The guitar, the emotional singing, the evocative pulse of the song, the inextricable synergy of the entire band and crowd.  19 years nearly to the day since I've been in Tel Aviv and I've missed it a lot, but now even more than ever. Shalom!

Rock ON & (again all due respect and love) Kippah the Faith wink,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

what a fantastic video !......competitiion for Tripsy ? !!

smile

Joe Live In Rotherham....not too long to go now !

Stunning, Joe was really enjoying that too smile

6 (edited by Michael 2009-12-19 17:43:35)

Thought i'd just click on this to see another "Sloe Gin" YouTube clip
...... Stunned
This is without doubt the best Joe Bonamassa video i've seen captured in recent years
Just so Awesome it's untrue, captured the raw emotion of the song in a tiny club in Tel Aviv Israel "Amazing", and Joe saved the best Sloe Gin til last which is very apt for this year.
Love everyone in that audience for going to see our Joey, man they know their stuff, just great, even seen Joe gettin' emotional in there too ..... Wow!
I'm gonna watch this over and over and rack up the views
Thank You

....................... Michael

ps .... dont know about video of the week, that was video of the year .... big_smile
          Patty and you saved your best find til last  ....... luvyatoo

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Gotta agree...spectacular rendition and wonderful video.
The thing that struck me about this video, is that no matter how different we all are around this globe, we are all similar in our love of great music. Joe's impact is truly spanning the globe, from Tel-Aviv, to Moscow, to Mumbai, London, Chicago, etc., etc.
In all of these locations the people have that same look of joy (and at times, disbelief) on their faces as they watch a master at work.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Rocket wrote:

Oh my master of the universe! WHAT an amazing version indeed. With all due respect, Holy Moses! WOW!  Joe, Rick, Bogie and Carmine pulled out what may have been the best version of the year to end the year! That was nothing short of fantastic! Thank you Patty for the link and thank you chencohen85 for the wonderful video capturing.  And wow, how about that crowd's exhuberance, singing along! Even rhythm clapping just during the into...I think a dance of joy almost broke out...repeatedly shhhhshing...sshhh...shhhhhhhhhh (lost count)..."it's beautiful" a woman  says...THAT's Joe Bonamassa my Israeli friends! The guitar, the emotional singing, the evocative pulse of the song, the inextricable synergy of the entire band and crowd.  19 years nearly to the day since I've been in Tel Aviv and I've missed it a lot, but now even more than ever. Shalom!

Rock ON & (again all due respect and love) Kippah the Faith wink,
Rocket

I'm certain we're related. cool

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Wow.  It really shows that people are all the same, wherever you go.  When you strip away all the crap that gets in the way in all of our lives, and get right to what makes us who we are...  We're all the same.  There's just some things, like certain feelings, tastes, smells, sounds, or whatever that ring true and affect us all the same way.  There's no way to engineer it or manipulate it, but when it happens...Wow.  It's primal, like going back to the caveman days. beating on logs around a fire.  The way the sound of a Harley Davidson motor idling pumps like a heart beat, or the symphony of a small child laughing with sheer delight.  Your Mothers' eyes when she greets you with a hug after a long time apart.  You "get it" immediately.   Whatever the gift that Joe has might be called, we all get it immediately.  Happy Holidays to all, whichever ones' you chose to celebrate, may they be GREAT!
smile

Thanks Patty, as Sloe Gin was the first  ever track I heard... It has a special meaning for me - Loved the performance!

~ Brack ~

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

I just watched it again...you don't wanna see a tough guy flood up...

MuchLove
BigJeff FDOL

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:

I just watched it again...you don't wanna see a tough guy flood up...

MuchLove
BigJeff FDOL

I will also admit to goose bumps and slight ocular dampness....a totally stunning version filmed quite beautifully! cool

Great find, Patty!

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

awesome link! people singing along and everything!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

VERY nice. Love the smaller venues and from Tel Aviv...cool

hardrain

Love the filming where Joe is basking in the green light.  Have watched several times now, very soul-filled in more ways than one.

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

andre wittebroek wrote:

Brilliant as ever!

At 2.59 the guy graps his head thinking : Impossible.........................

No , that's Joe!

Andre Wittebroek

I think he was believing it was an improper time to be without his yarmulke big_smile (respectfully, I am joking while somewhat serious also)

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

First time poster smile

I want to say that after the show Joe's stocks went up the roof - not as a player(he's well up there since the first time ive heard him) but as a great guy.I HATE when people take my time for granted,whether friends work or artists(which i pay
top dollars to watch).Now ive been to hundreds of concerts,this is the FIRST TIME any artist performed on time!or better yet,5 minutes early smile

Seriously, when i heard Joe on radio a day earlier talking about how fans who pay money to see him should be treated in the best fashion i thought it was artist bullcrap,i was so wrong smile

So Joe,thanks for respecting my time,my money and even me,thanks for the best(and fastest) 2 hours i had.
Although my first thought when i arrived home is never to lay hands on my guitar(hey,why bother when you can just play some cds) today i left work early and practised 5 hours(and no,im not 12 smile )

Hope to see you here again,and next time aim your guitar at me wink

Thanks again

Excellent Muchta!  Now go introduce yourself in the Intro section.  Let all Bonamaniacs welcome you.

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms