Topic: the river and when the levee breaks?

Does anybody notice that the riff for "the river" and the riff for "when the levee breaks" are extremely similar?

"The way I like to look at it is....if that's the last time I ever got to play, I'd better give it everything I've got." -SRV

Re: the river and when the levee breaks?

It has Black Dog in there for me.... hmm

My friend pointed that out to me, and I was like, "yea, that sounds like basically the same riff"...haha

"The way I like to look at it is....if that's the last time I ever got to play, I'd better give it everything I've got." -SRV

In the interview in the first tab book Joe commented that he wanted to do his own When The Levee Breaks without getting sued, so good catch!

"Music is the only thing that you can share with a million million people and you don't lose, you gain. It helps you to get energy and to live long, because when your soul is very happy then you don't want to die." - Ali Akbar Khan

Yep, always thought that Levee breaks would be to coolest cover ever ... but then again, it´s in the category of "songs that can´t be played any better anyway", so it´s good to have "The River" as a kind of Joe´s own take on the Levee breaks atmosphere ... well, if anyone could do the song better than the original, Joe could probably. Would still be very worth a try IMHO. wink

Eva

The thing is...Zeppelin did it but it was a cover. The song is actually by Memphis Minnie and .... oh shoot can't think of the man's name but anyway just saying it really isn't a Zeppelin tune per se

Kansas Joe McCoy and Memphis Minnie originally did When the Levee Breaks. ☺. It finally came to me. Guess it's menopause brain fog. Lol

Well when the levee breaks the river will come out of it!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky