1 (edited by larryt 2006-11-17 09:48:01)

Topic: gear update

I just saw Joe in Louisville and I thought I'd share a couple of gear updates. For all you Strat fans (me included) Joe pulls out what appears to be the old sunburst Strat he plays on the latest instructional DVD for Django. He does some nice whammy bar stuff with it on the intro.

The other thing is the pedal board. It seems to be even further stripped down:
     Lehle amp switcher
     Boss DD-3
     TS-808 Tube Screamer
     Carl martin Hot Drive 'N Boost
     Vox Wah-Wah
     Voodoo Lab Pedal Power
     (another A/B switcher but I'm not sure about what it was for)

He has replaced the Park with the old Super Lead he has used in the past, otherwise the Fuchs, Two Rock and Silver Jubilee are still there. As always his tone was phenomenal. You don't really notice anything missing except maybe the chorus effect on 'Heart of the Sunrise," but I've never been a big chorus guy anyway, so who cares?

Blessings,
Larry

"...play skillfully and shout for joy." Psalm 33:3b (honest, it really says that)

Re: gear update

larryt wrote:

IFor all you Strat fans (me included) Joe pulls out what appears to be the old sunburst Strat he plays on the latest instructional DVD for Django. He does some nice whammy bar stuff with it on the intro.

Nice!!!!  That might be the most beautiful strat I've ever seen... thanks for the update.

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128