Re: A fun topic up for discussion.

My wife has a medicen for dizziness.  On the label it says "May cause dizziness."  Whats up with that?  If she's anymore dizzy these days she's going to have to be straped down!

bigjeffjones wrote:

Does Braille on the drive up auto teller count?

Oh brother. roll

How about this sign:
No dogs allowed except seeing eye dogs

Which assumes the dogs can read?

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

We once bought dining room chairs that came in a flat box with two chairs in each.
On the outside of the box was printed "Assembly Required".
Thank you Captain Obvious!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Spider wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Heres one:
        Bought a Stanley Screwdriver kit that required a screwdriver to open it.. hmm 

Let the games begin, I want to hear your similar stories of less than well thought out designs.. 

Joe Bonamassa

In the past, I bought a knife that in order to open the hard plastic packaging you needed a knife. Cut myself opening it up too. sad big_smile hmm

Thanks for bringing this back up Jane .  I don't remember it.

Spider's had me laughing because I know exactly what he is talking about with those hard plastic packages.  I feel your pain Spider, I have extra bandages if you ever need one.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

This reminded me when I was a kid 2 signs my Mom thought were funny. One was a tattoo parlor's sign in the window "tattoos while you wait" and the "prohibited" signs as you merge on to the interstate "animals on foot" I guess that road kill in the median didn't read the sign

Hate that kind of packaging I've cut myself more than once. An email of household tips I got recently said use a hand held can opener to cut them open! Sounds genius but or course now that I have this tip I haven't had anything I need to open yet!

Spider wrote:

In the past, I bought a knife that in order to open the hard plastic packaging you needed a knife. Cut myself opening it up too. sad big_smile hmm

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

This may be a little off topic,   On highway 89 north of Truckee Ca there is a Forest Service Sign

"  Donner Party Picnic Grounds "  really?   Thanks but I think I will pass that lunch!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

..the plastic bags of sugar that explode when you try to open them.. the paper ones don't!

..the plastic CD cases that explode when you try to open them ( agree with Brack ) ...the paper ones dont!

...you can never have enough Stanley screwdrivers!

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

My new phone came with a warning card stating "Do not attempt to dry your phone in a microwave oven" I think anyone who who needs a warning like that probably cant read anyway....

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

That's a good one Rusty! Sorry thing is for them to put that on there it probably happened already!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

46 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2014-05-05 11:04:11)

1. Needing a motorcycle to get your license, but not able to purchase one and take it off the lot without a license! roll

2. Having the internet go out, and the internet help phone line say "to get Help online, use the web address"... D'OH!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Rusty wrote:

My new phone came with a warning card stating "Do not attempt to dry your phone in a microwave oven" I think anyone who who needs a warning like that probably cant read anyway....

My signature line sums up my feelings on the matter!

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

guido wrote:
Rusty wrote:

My signature line sums up my feelings on the matter!

I agree guido, anyone who would put their cell phone in a microwave deserves the obvious result.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

This topic reminds me of an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.The show started with him trying to open something sealed in that hard plastic....we've all dealt with that,especially at Christmas.There was also a side topic of ..um...a..having fun in the car. So Larry goes to buy a razor knife for the specific reason to open these plastic packages. He picks one out that is in a glass case..pays for it and guy puts something in a paper bag..
He's driving home and finds his buddy in a ditch with his wife wedged under  the steering wheel . He has to cut the seatbelt, so he runs to his car and  reaches in paper bag and the razor knife was sealed in plastic.
(Guess you had to be there )

"Is it the new blues mobile or what?"                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Fix the cigarette lighter."