Topic: A fun topic up for discussion.

Heres one:
        Bought a Stanley Screwdriver kit that required a screwdriver to open it.. hmm 

Let the games begin, I want to hear your similar stories of less than well thought out designs.. 

Joe Bonamassa

Re: A fun topic up for discussion.

haha

here are a few of my favorites
http://media.photobucket.com/image/fail … k-fail.jpg

http://www.listicles.com/wp-content/upload/failblog.jpg

http://www.tomsimpson.org/wp-content/up … mcfail.jpg

http://www.pollenblog.com.au/images/upl … ILblog.jpg

-Eric

"It makes it sound like the amp is about ready to explode, that's because it IS about ready to explode." -Joe

"I've come all the way from Colorado... Long way from my home. Give me the hammer that killed John Henry..." The Ballad Of John Henry

Well I'm left handed and would have struggled with that as like guitars, most screwdrivers are for right handed people.

I guess lots of us have had the IT department wonder why you haven't replied to their E Mail following you reporting by phone that your computer isn't working properly !!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Heres one:
        Bought a Stanley Screwdriver kit that required a screwdriver to open it.. hmm 

Let the games begin, I want to hear your similar stories of less than well thought out designs.. 

Joe Bonamassa

I have had two today as it happens. Needing to get a newly tiled shower grouted. Followed the mixing instructions to the letter and got cream soup sad

Just called BT from mobile as our phones lines are dead, explained the problem the next question is  'are you calling from the line with the problem?'  mad

Not going to well today and I have tio get to London for Back Door Slam, time to stick the RAH DVD on and cranked it it me thinks big_smile

The Dao you can talk about is not the Dao.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

I remember seeing an old railroad sign that said something along these lines:
"When two trains approach the station from opposite directions, neither shall proceed until the other has passed".

I believe they are both still sitting there.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Joe,
The wrapping on CD's, impossible to open!!!! most of the time.
As someone who still buys CD's, it drives me insane!!

~ Brack ~

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

8 (edited by BluesMan 2009-10-08 15:16:57)

Brack wrote:

Joe,

~ Brack ~

And Brack, once you do get them open, the sticky tape leaves a terrible residue. Who designed that stuff? yikes

Hey Bill, you must be talking about mass transit in the Chicago area. Are they ever going to finish the freeway work? hmm

Roy

Joe is the Best!

9 (edited by DaveWammbarro 2009-10-07 18:28:32)

One annoying thing I can think of that happens to me a fair bit:

When I ever need help with sorting out the mac or the internet, the internet is usually not working.

I feel it's like being without a knowledgeable brain....and how I've come to rely on it as a fixing encyclopaedia to anything and everything! lol

messageboards that don't open up links within threads in new windows or tabs....:rolleyes: They open them up in place of the thread you are reading...:cool:

and DaveW "The irony of the Information Age is that has given respectability to uninformed opinion"..John Lawson, 68, speaking to the American Association of Broadcast Journalists in 1995

Ian:D

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Kind of like when you're having "internet connection problems" and you have to go online to get help...  ?what?

Or when you buy a Leatherman or utility tool that requires one to get it out of the box... I definitely identify with Joe's intro

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Guenter wrote:

The Dao you can talk about is not the Dao.
Günter

Nice one, Guenter.  Puts me in mind of the zen koan: Two hands clap and there is a sound. What is the sound of one hand?

the dude wrote:

Nice one, Guenter.  Puts me in mind of the zen koan: Two hands clap and there is a sound. What is the sound of one hand?

Yes, the famous one hand clapping: even Van Morrison complained that he didn´t get it - Enlightenment-CD.
Günter

14 (edited by BluesMan 2009-10-07 21:39:16)

Guenter wrote:
the dude wrote:

Yes, the famous one hand clapping: even Van Morrison complained that he didn´t get it - Enlightenment-CD.
Günter

Hey guys, is that like the same thing as if a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound? Or does it have to do with something about a Bear doing something in the woods? wink

I'm sitting here in the Lotus position as I'm typing......Hummmmmmm........

Roy

Joe is the Best!

BluesMan wrote:

Hey guys, is that like the same thing as if a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound? Or does it have to do with something about a Bear doing something in the woods? wink
I'm sitting here in the Lotus position as I'm typing......Hummmmmmm........
Roy

After all, it´s the bear who hears the tree falling down.
Günter

BluesMan wrote:
Brack wrote:

Joe,

~ Brack ~

And Brack, once you do get them open, the sticky tape leaves a terrible residue. Who designed that stuff? yikes

Hey Bill, you must be talking about mass transit in the Chicago area. Are they ever going to finiish the freeway work? hmm

Roy

There are four seasons in Chicago: fall, winter, spring and road construction.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I bought a saw blade after the last Hurricane that came complete with the admonition not to attempt to grab or stop the moving blade with your hand.
lol

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Sort of like being 5 miles out in the boat with a cooler full of iced down beer and no bottle opener. Who the ^#@) owns a boat without a bottle opener on board? roll

Major Tom to ground control...