Topic: Albert Cummings

For all of you that follow Albert Cummings, bass player Dan Broad is no longer with Albert.Good luck to you in all your musical endeavors Dan. Bob

Re: Albert Cummings

tarus52 wrote:

For all of you that follow Albert Cummings, bass player Dan Broad is no longer with Albert.Good luck to you in all your musical endeavors Dan. Bob

*shouts*

Jeff? big_smile

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Dan is a wonderful person and talented player. He's had a rough time since his Father's sudden death, and I know his girlfriends parents in Florida are also ailing. I imagine he has to put some energy into his issues at home. Do we know who will replace him?    Cathy

cathysiler wrote:

Dan is a wonderful person and talented player. He's had a rough time since his Father's sudden death, and I know his girlfriends parents in Florida are also ailing. I imagine he has to put some energy into his issues at home. Do we know who will replace him?    Cathy

Cathy,
I have not talked to Albert yet ,Dan emailed me and told me he was no longer with Albert.I will try and find out who he hired to replace Dan.

cathysiler wrote:

Yeah all that stuff weighs very heavy on a human... but like I said, I was not trying to hurt anyone's feelings by expressing mine. 

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

6 (edited by bigjeffjones 2009-06-23 23:17:34)

Amsterhammer wrote:
tarus52 wrote:

*shouts*

Jeff? big_smile

DAMMITALL you woke me up...how's that?  Who?  Albert Cummings?  OH yeah...give an old fart a thrill... Cathy Love, you have my cell phone number as do de Hammer...

Yeah I'm in a rut....The Funky Dr of Love needs to get his BLUES on.

Call Me SLIM...Roy knows this guy, right ???

EDITZ:  Dan, Respect brother.  Take Care..Much Love.  sad

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:
Amsterhammer wrote:
tarus52 wrote:

*shouts*

Jeff? big_smile

DAMMITALL you woke me up...how's that?  Who?  Albert Cummings?  OH yeah...give an old fart a thrill... Cathy Love, you have my cell phone number as do de Hammer...

Yeah I'm in a rut....The Funky Dr of Love needs to get his BLUES on.

Call Me SLIM...Roy knows this guy, right ???

EDITZ:  Dan, Respect brother.  Take Care..Much Love.  sad

I believe you could make Albert wince his eyes closed to drip the sweat off while playing more than he already does. 
I did not know the situation, only heard something develop.  I do know life can really affect an artist, sometimes greatly sometimes very badly. 
Reminds me of Steve Perry & Lou Gramm, among others.  Wishing well!

Rock On & KEEP the Faith,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Yeah, maybe so or at least I believe it too.  There really are so many really good bass players...

Somebody will catch his eye and ear and do him proud.  It is right up my alley though...really.

MuchSigh
FDOL

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:

Yeah, maybe so or at least I believe it too.  There really are so many really good bass players...

Somebody will catch his eye and ear and do him proud.  It is right up my alley though...really.

MuchSigh
FDOL

Trouble is that northeast is where he spends a lot of time.... KOLDAH.

Rocket

Rocket and all,

Funny that.  My brother is in Boston.  My old flame is in Connecticut.  When they get jammed up I fly and relief pitch and we all wonder why we don't do it more regular.  The music is good, there is no drama, there is love and life is a funny thing.

"I ain't livin up heah with y'all YANKEES" I drawl as I head out, grinning.

MuchBS
BJJ FDOL

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

My well wishes go out to Dan Broad. His bass playing is only exceeded by how nice of a person he is!

Roy

Joe is the Best!

Hey there all you Scam Diego and vicinity readers, get yourselves down to

Humphrey's Backstage Music Club, Shelter Island Drive San Diego, CA 92106 (619) 523-1010

...tonight and catch the very excellent Albert Cummings and his fine little band! cool

RIP Iron Man

Amsterhammer wrote:

Hey there all you Scam Diego and vicinity readers, get yourselves down to

Humphrey's Backstage Music Club, Shelter Island Drive San Diego, CA 92106 (619) 523-1010

...tonight and catch the very excellent Albert Cummings and his fine little band! cool

Really Appreciative of the head's up George, and Michael had sent me one too.  I had this one slip through the cracks as far as having no beforehand knowledge (hard to believe, it happens rarely), and arranging time off work.  Luckily I have seen Albert many times.  Thanks again though!

Rocket

I'm going to be seeing Albert for the first time tonight in L.A.!!  He's playing with Tommy Shannon and George Rains!  They know me at this club already (Cozy's) - this will be my fourth show there in 2 weeks!!!  You'll be happy to know George that I shot videos of Michael Burks and Lance Lopez when they were there, and will do the same with Albert tomorrow.  smile  I"m looking very forward to it.  wink  Come up and join us if you want Rocket.  (Cozy's, in Sherman Oaks, on Ventura Blvd. @9:30pm)

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.

Libby wrote:

I'm going to be seeing Albert for the first time tonight in L.A.!!  He's playing with Tommy Shannon and George Rains!  They know me at this club already (Cozy's) - this will be my fourth show there in 2 weeks!!!  You'll be happy to know George that I shot videos of Michael Burks and Lance Lopez when they were there, and will do the same with Albert tomorrow.  smile  I"m looking very forward to it.  wink  Come up and join us if you want Rocket.  (Cozy's, in Sherman Oaks, on Ventura Blvd. @9:30pm)

Libby,

Please tell Albert the general says hi,and to get back to the D.C. area to play a gig.I haven't seen the new band yet and i miss seeing Albert live he puts on such a great show!! Bob

I was just going to post a reminder about this show, Libbers. roll  - and here you are. Wow!

You will enjoy Albert, I promise. Please also tell him hi from the two oldies he hung out with in Hagerstown last June (the General was there too). Also tell him that the old guy in Amsterdam has not forgotten him and that he needs to get over to this part of Europe for some smaller festivals - if he can, then between Andre, Marco and me I'm sure we can get him numerous gigs in small clubs in Holland and Belgium, real down to earth bread and butter stuff. I'm serious!!

As for the vids you shot, show me Lil'bit. Please, show me! tongue cool

RIP Iron Man

Tommy Shannon?  No wonder he didn't call me.  lol

cool

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Okay.  I'll be happy to deliver your messages.  I'm getting good at this.  smile  LOL!!  You should see the looks I get sometimes when I deliver them....... people trying to figure out how in the world I know THAT person!!!

I know that Joe could play one of those kid's guitars with the plastic strings and make it sound good-
Bill S.